Favorite Golf Courses you've played in Western North Carolina

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Taking a stab here, but wondering how many out there have played in WNC. If you have, let me know what course and what you thought.

Taking a stab here, but wondering how many out there have played in WNC. If you have, let me know what course and what you thought.

Grandfather Mountain, Hounds Ear, Grove Park, Jefferson Landing are a few of my favorites. There are literally a hundred courses west of Catawba county that are great. What specific area are you looking at? I live in Lincoln County right outside of Charlotte.

Have never played there, but I'm already trying to convince Hubby we belong at The Cliffs at High Carolina. He's not buying it.

I would have to give Trillium Links a little shout out because I worked there throughout college, if you want a challenge with some good views try it out. but you need a good connection to get on.....which i can help

Have never played there, but I'm already trying to convince Hubby we belong at The Cliffs at High Carolina. He's not buying it.

I just played at the Keowee Vineyards which is in the Cliffs in Sunset SC back in October. The Cliffs at High Carolina is going to be awesome and I have played the Glassy Mtn. course as well. They are all truly beautiful but you have to have connections to get on them as they are private. 8 courses all within a hour of each other is just a great idea but it's too expensive for us mere mortals. :(

I just played at the Keowee Vineyards which is in the Cliffs in Sunset SC back in October. The Cliffs at High Carolina is going to be awesome and I have played the Glassy Mtn. course as well. They are all truly beautiful but you have to have connections to get on them as they are private. 8 courses all within a hour of each other is just a great idea but it's too expensive for us mere mortals. :(

haha, us mere mortals is so true......in a perfect world we would be able to try them all out

Given that this isn't going to happen, I don't have to worry about the cost. :golf:

Grandfather Mountain, Hounds Ear, Grove Park, Jefferson Landing are a few of my favorites. There are literally a hundred courses west of Catawba county that are great. What specific area are you looking at? I live in Lincoln County right outside of Charlotte.

Solidk-believe it or not i have never played any of those you mention. I live a 5 iron away from Asheville CC, and drive by Grove Park to and from work, but i've not golfed much east of here (with the exception of Rock Barn). Perhaps you could recommend some courses?

I would have to give Trillium Links a little shout out because I worked there throughout college, if you want a challenge with some good views try it out. but you need a good connection to get on.....which i can help

I hear #8 at Trillium is breathtaking!

I play golf all over the state. I have friends that live in Asheboro and I've played most courses in the sandhills from Tot Hill Farm to Pinehurst, I went to college at ECU where I took up golf and played about every course east of raleigh at some point and I used to be a member at Oakwoods in Wilkesboro. So needless to say I have played about 80 percent of the nicer courses in this state at one time or another. Rock Barn is definately a nice track and their are many around this area that are truly nice. Just let me know the price range you are looking at and specific area so I can try and figure out some good ones for you. In Statesville their is Fox Run and you have several in the Mooresville/Lake Norman area that are stellar. Mammosa Hills in Morganton wouldnt be too far of a drive for you. There really are just so many to choose from we are blessed with having plenty of great courses in the state. From the mountains to the coast, NC is blessed with some of the absolute best and unique golf courses in the world. We have every type and land demographic covered.

From the mountains to the coast, NC is blessed with some of the absolute best and unique golf courses in the world. We have every type and land demographic covered.

I second that sentiment for sure. As far as price ranges go.....it doesn't matter to me.....as long is it's a good track. I'm not so sure it's convenient for me to go more than an hour east of Asheville, I'm a new daddy, but I would love to get your input on any tracks east of here that are within 60-90 minutes.

I love my mountain golf, but it is nice to get off the mountain and bang away. I find that precision up here is an absolute must off the tee.

Back