Golf Balls on a BUDGET

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey, I want to get some feedback on what people are finding as a decent golf ball on a smaller budget. Yeah, we al lknow the Pro V1 is a great ball, but I dont like the idea of throwing $4 in the woods or lake.

I think the entire Bridgestone e series are a great value. The TM Burner balls are pretty nice for the money as well.

There are tons of them. Bridgestone gets a lot of play on this forum and we recently reviewed the new e5 ball. We also have the new e6 and e7 ball reviews coming soon.

The Hackers Paradise Bridgestone E5 Golf Ball Review

Nike has the new Crush that just came out. Our review of those will be up in the next couple of days. They retail for only $22

There are lots of them. I always recommend finding one that matches your game rather than playing what we are "supposed to play"

I wanted to start this by saying I have been plaing the Top Flight Gamur. I have had some pretty good results and they are $20. The ball flight is good and they have a decent feel around the greens. I am not a great golfer and I still have 5 balls left of a box I purchased in August. I have played about 10 rounds in that time. I hope this helps and I am looking forward to more reviews.

There are tons of them. Bridgestone gets a lot of play on this forum and we recently reviewed the new e5 ball. We also have the new e6 and e7 ball reviews coming soon.

The Hackers Paradise Bridgestone E5 Golf Ball Review

Nike has the new Crush that just came out. Our review of those will be up in the next couple of days. They retail for only $22

There are lots of them. I always recommend finding one that matches your game rather than playing what we are "supposed to play"

thanks for the feedback, I really liked your last comment and couldnt agree more. I see too many people playing a ball that does not fit their style of play

I play the Tommy Armour Silver Scot @ $15 for a box of two dozen. (Sports Authority)

callaway warbirds seem to do well in reviews. i tried them last winter and they were decent.
just got some bridgestone treosofts for this winter. only hit one a few times but seemed ok.
again, re-itterating what has been said before, worth buying a few sleeves of 3 to get one that suits you. makes a difference in summer.

I play the Tommy Armour Silver Scot @ $15 for a box of two dozen. (Sports Authority)

thanks Smallville, can I get some feedback on those....I am always up tp try new

I have been playing the Bridgestone TreoSoft, Srixon AD333 and Trispeed for the last 2 weeks. I think I prefer the Trispeed over the TreoSoft and the AD333 over all of them so far.

Look at buying reclaimed or recycled golf balls.

recycled golf balls - Google Search

I've bought from LostGolfBalls.com before, and they're pretty great to do business with. No experience with any of the others.

I tried the Bridgestone E5 yesterday and was very pleased. I think i'm gonna play it a while and see how it goes. It's hard to beat the Srixon AD333 though and I always carry a few of those with me each round.

I think the Nike PD softs, Nike One Vapors, Bridgestone E series, Nike Crush, TM Burners, and quite a few others are all super balls ranging from 20 bucks or less up to 30 bucks. You can't go wrong with any of those balls and I'm sure one of them will fit your game just right.

I think you can get two dozen Srixon AD 333 for 25 bucks at Dick's SPorting goods right now. I have a few of those as well and they are one of the best two piece balls I have ever played.

The ones I would recommend have already been mentioned: Bridgestone e series and Nike Power Distance Soft.

I believe Nike is having a promotion right now where you can get a free dozen if you buy 2 dozen (i.e. 3 dozen for the price of 2 dozen).

The current E5+, E6+, and E7+ will be discounted as the new E5, E6, and E7 come in. Down to $19.99 a box at PGA Superstore in Kennesaw, GA.

The E6+ is a fine ball for courses with large, soft greens, or people who want to mitigate a slice.
The E5+ is a fine ball for courses with smaller, harder greens or those who want to get higher ballflight.

The local Dick's sporting goods still has the AD333 for $25 for 2 dozen. I was playing the Top Flite Gamer until I tried these. I got more distance and better durability with the AD333. They had decent touch around the green as well.

The local Dick's sporting goods still has the AD333 for $25 for 2 dozen. I was playing the Top Flite Gamer until I tried these. I got more distance and better durability with the AD333. They had decent touch around the green as well.

I'm a fan of the Gamer too. I recently hit the Srixon AD333's (thanks for the recommendation THP! :) ) and I really liked them, same price range too. I think you'll find the AD333's generate less sidespin than the Gamers but also won't generate as much spin around the green as the Gamers.

Tried the Bridgestone E6+ and didn't like it too much.. That was the round I played with JB and the front nine made me want to throw something..

Precept Laddie-X, Top-Flite D2 Feel and Pinnacle Precision are my favs. IMO, there isnt enough of a difference in performance from the above mentioned balls to the more expensive ones like the B-Stone Es and Titleist NXTs to be worth the extra money.
To each their own though, what golf ball to use is arguably one of the most endless discussions in golf.

I like the Topfite d2-feel. I just picked up a box (which contains 15 balls) for $14.99+tax @ Target.

I been playing 6 months now and my main problem is accuracy from the tee's when using the driver. I got a custom fit driver ordered which I'll take delivery of next week, so I'm thinking I'll start using better balls other than the usual mix of lake balls I have. Which golf ball would be more suited for me? at this moment in time I just want to hit the fairway more often, I shall concentrate on my short game sometime later.
I read the review of the Nike Crush and they sound like the type of ball I should use, my swing spd is just under 90, but there not available yet in the UK.

Used fan

Used fan

I love used golf balls. I've bought my favorite TM TP blacks from both knet golf and lostgolfballs.com, and been pretty please with both. In my experience, knetgolf does a little better quality control. You can play a premium ball for the price of a mid range.

I just stocked up on Srixon Trispeed for $12 per dozen from Budgetgolf.com, and I also got in on some 2 for $25 AD333 at sports Authoority yesterday while I was shoping some new golf shoes. Got tons of balls, but no new shoes yet.

I haven't played the Trispeed yet, but hear good things. I have played a lot with the AD333, and absolutely love that ball.

I'm curious - those of you who play used golf balls - do you use them for certain rounds only?

I picked up a batch of e7+'s from lostgolfballs.com and can't complain about the quality or price. Got the highest quality ones (5 star I think?) and they've all looked like brand new except for some sharpie marks.

Diane:

No, I use them for pretty much any round. A golf ball's a golf ball - unless the cover is scuffed up bad or torn I'll use it. Sometimes I'll get out a "found" ball for those water holes, to save the good ones just in case. :beat-up:

I'm curious - those of you who play used golf balls - do you use them for certain rounds only?

Pretty much any round, I get the higher grade ones, so why not?

Pretty much any round, I get the higher grade ones, so why not?

For my style of play, it makes no difference. My father has always said new balls go further.

Back