Happy Veteran's Day...

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
to all of those that have served or are currently serving in the Armed Forces. I know this isn't until tomorrow but really shouldn't every day be Veteran's Day? Also Happy Birthday to all the Marines out there. 234 years and still going strong.

:soldier:

to all of those that have served or are currently serving in the Armed Forces. I know this isn't until tomorrow but really shouldn't every day be Veteran's Day? Also Happy Birthday to all the Marines out there. 234 years and still going strong.

Good call Bogey. Thanks to all the veterans out there, I know we have a few on THP. You guys are the real heros.
Happy B day to the Marines too.

Thanks for posting this early bogey.

veteransday06.jpg

Cool poster Smallville. That one would look pretty cool hanging beside a flag I have from Pearl Harbor.

I'm of the generation that reached adulthood several years after the end of the Vietnam War when the draft was abolished. We all wished we were hippies. We weren't too bright. If I was a young man right now, I think I would enlist or go to officers school after college. My Father was a proud WWII vet, and his military service really was a major part of what kind of guy he was: loyal, honest, and proud.

I've always felt I kind of missed something. Thanks to all those who served and are serving. What you're willing to do is very cool, and very important.

Kevin

:soldier: Great post guy's, thanks Bogey for getting this going. Your absolutely right, every day should be Veterans day! Thank you Veterans!!

My Father was a proud WWII vet, and his military service really was a major part of what kind of guy he was: loyal, honest, and proud.

I've always felt I kind of missed something. Thanks to all those who served and are serving. What you're willing to do is very cool, and very important.

Kevin

Thats the same way I feel. My dad got a Purple Heart in Vietnam and it really did turn him into the man he is now. Ill give him a call tomorrow and bust his chops a little.

When my brother and I were little, we used to sneak up on my Dad while he was dozing and yell at each other in Vietnamese. He would always wake up and give us that look and then doze back off. Looking back now, it probably wasnt the best idea.

happy Veterans day to those who have served and are serving. My sincere thanks to you all.

Since today is offically Veteran's Day I wanted to make another post. Thanks to all of those that have served and are serving.

If you see a Veteran today shake their hand and say Thanks from a greatful Nation. If not for them where would we be today.

For those of you that are Veterans, Applebees is offering a free meal, Pizzeria Uno's is offering a free entree when an entree is purchased, and I'm sure there are many other places that are offering free meals also.

As a Vietnam Vet, I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted here. When I returned from SE Asia in 1970, I was treated pretty poorly by people who didn't understand how I participated in that war. I believed I did the right thing in serving my country when I was called to duty. I still do.

I never felt welcomed home until 5 years ago when I accompanied my wife to a 7th Cavalry reunion. They have a "welcome home" ceremony at the beginning of the banquet on the last night of the reunion and it was a powerfully emotional experience for me. Being welcomed home finally made me break down and cry like a baby. I had never realized until that moment how I had been made to feel ashamed of my service.

My wife's brother had made the ultimate sacrifice over there and it was a blight on his memory that many people blamed the soldiers for their country's policies.

So for all us Viet Vets, thanks for your words. They mean more than you can know.

Thank You C-Tech and all of you who served this Nation. It's because of individuals like you that we can call this the greatest country on earth.

For all the veterans, serving, and non serving there a few eating places giving away free meals to vets to day to show their appreciation for services rendered. I will be at Applebees later, and I understand my brother in Texas is going to the Golden Corral this evening. You might want to call ahead, and show up early, as some these places get quite busy. Of course, don't forget that non veteran family members have to pay for their meals. :clapp:

Happy Veterans Day. Many thanks.

Thanks for your service C Tech. Like I said before, you guys are the real heroes.

As a Vietnam Vet, I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted here. When I returned from SE Asia in 1970, I was treated pretty poorly by people who didn't understand how I participated in that war. I believed I did the right thing in serving my country when I was called to duty. I still do.

I never felt welcomed home until 5 years ago when I accompanied my wife to a 7th Cavalry reunion. They have a "welcome home" ceremony at the beginning of the banquet on the last night of the reunion and it was a powerfully emotional experience for me. Being welcomed home finally made me break down and cry like a baby. I had never realized until that moment how I had been made to feel ashamed of my service.

My wife's brother had made the ultimate sacrifice over there and it was a blight on his memory that many people blamed the soldiers for their country's policies.

So for all us Viet Vets, thanks for your words. They mean more than you can know.

+1. I would actually have people call me names if they saw me in uniform while on leave. It feels weird to have people saying "thank you" instead of "f you", but it's much appreciated.

Semper Fi!

I just found this link. It's fitting for this thread. Get a box of tissues ready.

And who said dogs forget their owners.

Get your kleenex ready

Those are awesome bogey.

Anyone who says dogs "don't know" or that they are "just animals" and "don't think" has either never had a dog, or never cared about the one they had.

Darn right they know.

Back