The Christmas music wouldn't go away!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
While I was out driving on Wednesday, I was scanning through the radio stations since there were commercials on my regular station. On one of the presets I hear Christmas music! "OMG," I think to myself, but then I remember that this station and one other play the stuff starting on November 1. So I check and make sure the other one is, too.

My wife can do without the Christmas music until just a few days until Christmas, so I set the FM1 presets (there are 6 buttons) to all Christmas stations (1,3 and 5 were one station and 2, 4 and 6 were the other!). The I went to FM2 (which is all of our country stations) and manually scanned to one of the Christmas stations. Then switched back to FM1.

Jacqui goes out yesterday and hears Christmas music so she switches the station. Hits all 6 presets and is freaking out that all the stations are playing Christmas music! So she hits the other FM button, and of course, Christmas music there too! But luckily, when she hits a preset button, country comes on and all is good in her world again! The sun was through the back window and on the radio so she couldn't see that the same stations were coming up over and over! LOL

I had forgotten about it until a Christmas commercial comes on the TV and it reminded her of what happened so she told me. Call me sadistic but I was crying laughing as she told me the story!

Yesterday I actually saw Santa at the Mall with his little bell, ringing it for a donation. Of course in his defense, there was a picture of a Turkey in his sled. After talking to him, I learned that his North Pole home was being foreclosed on, and by starting early he might possibly prevent said foreclosure, and catch up on other bills such as helpers' pay, Reindeer vet bills, and food for Rudolph and his cohorts. He also told me he was not eligible for any stimulus plan monies since he was considered and illegal alien in almost all the countries he woks in. This also included no mecicaid, medicare, or food stamps coverage for himself, and Mrs. Clause.

So after hearing all this from the great one, I gave him a dollar................:clapp:

Boo Girl has been practicing for the holiday concert at school, so I've been hearing lots of non-religious Christmas music on a cello that needs rosin.

Boo Girl has been practicing for the holiday concert at school, so I've been hearing lots of non-religious Christmas music on a cello that needs rosin.

Are you sure it's just the missing rosin that is the problem? hehe

You are evil sir. I wish I would have thought of that though. :laughing:

The kids start out plucking the strings, without a bow. Boo Girl is okay at that, though it's a bit slow.

Well, I can relate to the terror because one of my "nightmare scenario's" involves being locked in a room and being forced to listen to either Christmas music - or Country music.

If I was withholding State secrets believe me, being forced to endure that would have me screaming for a pen and some paper at the first sound of a jingling bell or someone's hitchy-twangy voice accompanied by a steel guitar!

"No! No! I'll talk! I'll talk!...just make it stop!"

-JP

Well, I can relate to the terror because one of my "nightmare scenario's" involves being locked in a room and being forced to listen to either Christmas music - or Country music.

Neither of those would thrill me, but what about being stuck in an elevator listening to a remixed Muzak version of either of those. That would be worse.

One of the radio stations around here started playing X-Mas music on Nov 1st. Thats waaaaay too early for me.
Im all for holiday cheer, but any more than a few weeks of it a year and Im about ready to put a bullet in my head.
Thankfully, I usually listen to a heavy-metal station that NEVER, EVER plays X-Mas music.

My goal of every year is to make it through without hearing the Bruce Springsteen version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Conversely, I will listen to Santa Claus and His Old Lady by Cheech and Chong any time it comes on!

I can't stand that grandma reindeer song and I'm good with hearing the Adam Sandler Hanukkah song just once.

I like the hippopotamus song.

Thanks Smallie. I don't need to hear that one ever again.

I can't stand that grandma reindeer song and I'm good with hearing the Adam Sandler Hanukkah song just once.

Both of them were a lot funnier back in my drinking days.

-JP

LMAO, Smallie you have problem's. So does Liz, she loved it!

I've always liked the hippo Christmas song, and Christmas songs in general. I have a small collection of Christmas CDs (some are mixes) that I load into my car's CD player (it'll hold six) every Christmas season and play one of the songs when I feel like listening to a different Christmas song. My favorite Christmas Album is the Ray Conniff Singers', "We wish you a Merry Christmas".

My favorite is a "Christmas Cocktails" CD with Dean Martin, Lou Rawls, Lena Horne, etc.

My favorite Christmas album is The Carpenter's Christmas Portrait.

But Diane, it's so Smallie!

I love Tony Bennett's Christmas album. I need one from the Kings Singers, too.

Bob Dylan, anyone?

I am surprised you never heard it before!

I also like the barking dogs singing/barking jingle bells. Not really, but I remember it from when i was younger.

Back