• other (post in thread)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
so i still can't decide what shafts i want to get in my new wedges.. my usual shot shape for these clubs is fly it and try to stick it close without much roll. heads will be vokey SM4's with mid-bounce. i like the weight of my current shafts (PX 6.0, 125ish grams), but need the spin of either the KBS Hi-Rev or the DG Spinners, which are both around 135g. so, unless there is another shaft that is high spinning with 125-ish grams, i'm stuck between these three. so, what shaft would you get if you were in my shoes?

Tour Concepts have been my favorite so far actually. I know they are lighter weight but it makes for a heavier club head and when I switched to it I started to become much more consistent with my 60 on full shots.

Don't you have a rather high swing speed? Why do you need that much help creating spin?

My vote goes to the DG Spinner. I hit the ball very high and the DG Spinner has helped with my trajectory. As far as spin is concerned I honestly thought the name was a little gimmicky at first but I have noticed an increase in spin from the regular DG shafts I had in my old wedges. I also wanted to keep the weight somewhat consistent between my wedges and irons and the Spinner did that for me.

S400..

I have a hard time hitting full swings with dg spinners. They really pop up, gotta flight it down to get the distance.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

KBS C- taper

Don't you have a rather high swing speed? Why do you need that much help creating spin?

i have a high swing speed, yes, but i can't spin the ball to save my life.

so i still can't decide what shafts i want to get in my new wedges.. my usual shot shape for these clubs is fly it and try to stick it close without much roll. heads will be vokey SM4's with mid-bounce. i like the weight of my current shafts (PX 6.0, 125ish grams), but need the spin of either the KBS Hi-Rev or the DG Spinners, which are both around 135g. so, unless there is another shaft that is high spinning with 125-ish grams, i'm stuck between these three. so, what shaft would you get if you were in my shoes?

I would vote KBS High-Rev out of your choices but the C-Taper lite X-flex might be a viable alternative in your wedges. They're 115 grams but that may aid you in the spin and speed department. Otherwise, I'd go graphite to get to 125 with high launch/spin characteristics...

No shaft or head combo will make up for poor technique.

When the grooves on your wedges are completely effed, it's not 100% because of your swing.

When the grooves on your wedges are completely effed, it's not 100% because of your swing.

Invest in a sharpener. Best golf thing I ever bought.

A new shaft also won't make up for grooves that are completely effed.

With the new heads you've got (with good grooves) I would think that you won't need a Hi rev or spinner shaft. Have you considered a Kbs tour? They have the weight you are comfortable with and they will give pretty good spin with the wedges.

With the new heads you've got (with good grooves) I would think that you won't need a Hi rev or spinner shaft. Have you considered a Kbs tour? They have the weight you are comfortable with and they will give pretty good spin with the wedges.

I dont have new heads, the ones i have right now are old. And i don't like the tours in my irons, so i definitely wouldnt in my wedges.

I dont have new heads, the ones i have right now are old. And i don't like the tours in my irons, so i definitely wouldnt in my wedges.

If your grooves are worn out why not buy a groove sharpener and save your self a lot of money and aggravation and at the same time get the spin you are looking for.

Last edited:
Whether the Spinner shafts work or not depends somewhat on an individual's swing. I had DG Spinners in my Mizunos and they were ok, bit not great.

I also thought they were too firm for me. The Scor guys tend to think wedge shafts are too firm and that they should be softer than your irons to provide more feel around the green. Some also believe a wedge is the perfect place for a shock absorbing shaft such as the newer graphite shafts.

I switched to aero tech steel fibers and my short game has improved a lot. Some of that is more practice, but one of the reasons practice has been more effective is that the shafts provide more feedback to me than the DGs did. They are also smooth as silk which makes long practice easier.

I have an Accra SP Spinner shaft that in not using at the moment. I liked it more than the DGs, but it is 125 grams and I wanted to go lighter since my set uses 75g graphite shafts. I wanted less of a difference.

If you'd like to give the Accra a try, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Wedge shafts are overrated. I believe it's much more important to have consistency among as many irons as possible. Whatever shaft is in your irons, should be the same shaft in your wedges.

War Eagle... I see you are from Sarasota which is my second favorite city. I used to work for The house of golf downtown
I lived in the Meadows

They used to have a great amish restruant there that had the best pies... ( largest pieces too ) I am happy that Gus is back at the helm although I am not a Auburn fan, he has put together a pretty nice staff.
Stay in touch

if anybody is still paying attention to this thread, the only thing that i can think of that would work is tipping S flex hi-revs to make them stiffer but keep the lesser weight. would this effect the spin amount at all?

Back