Anyone use those birdieball things?

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
Here lately I've been seeing alot of commercials on youtube about these things called birdieballs that are like practice balls I guess? Has anyone on here used them and are they any good? From what I've seen on youtube they look pretty cool and will show you if you're hitting the ball straight, hooking it, or slicing it. I have this really bad habit of going in my backyard and using my brand new golf balls to hit when I get bored. I know it's really stupid but if something in my swing is bothering me I can't help myself, I've even started asking my girlfriend to start hiding my balls so I can stop wasting them.

They are legit. Really good to get youngsters started too.

They are legit. Really good to get youngsters started too.

Thanks for the heads up bud. I'll be ordering some Tuesday on payday. You just saved me alot of money in the future,lol

I love them! Fun hitting little flop shots and stuff off the board too. The flag is cool for games also

Eh. I have a dozen. They were fun for a day and wouldn't use them regularly vs going to the range.

Where will you be hitting yours? My backyard isn't big enough to hold them in and it's pretty wide.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I like them and hit them here and there. We use them a lot when I do my golf unit in school. The are a fun game if you have someone to play with.

I have a couple dozen myself. Great practice balls for backyards and such!

Love them for just what you said - Get a quick swing or two in and kill the boredom urge. We also used them at a family reunion. My uncle has a horse pasture he set up a 9 hole track in. Really fun and we were able to get the non golfers in the group out there swinging. A big thumbs up from me!

Doesn't replace the range but worth it to get some swings in.

I don't like them. I would rather chip and pitch with a real ball from 50 yards and in which I do several times a week in my yard. Sharpens the game much more! :)

I don't like them. I would rather chip and pitch with a real ball from 50 yards and in which I do several times a week in my yard. Sharpens the game much more! :)

I'm the same, they just don't feel right. I chip and pitch in my yard into a kiddie pool haha then just go to the range when I want to hit full shots

I'm the same, they just don't feel right. I chip and pitch in my yard into a kiddie pool haha then just go to the range when I want to hit full shots

Oh boy! Now I can pull my dog's kiddie pool out and chip into it. Thanks for a new idea.

Eh. I have a dozen. They were fun for a day and wouldn't use them regularly vs going to the range.

Where will you be hitting yours? My backyard isn't big enough to hold them in and it's pretty wide.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've got plenty of room to use them and all, sometimes I just get really bored and have the desire to go hit some balls but our pastures are so grown up they're impossible to find after I hit them. I just figured they might be a cheap little way to practice my ball striking with my irons when I don't have the time or money to make it out to the range. I really like how they're supposed to hook or slice if you haven't hit them properly.

I love them. Being as I am caregiver for two of my family members I just don't have the time or money to get to the range. These have saved my game. I hit three buckets a day, which has lowered my score consistently by at least 5 strokes. I understand what folks mean by them not feeling like a real ball, however they have enough feel to them to let me know a good hit from a bad one. I have gained a much more repeatable swing which has also helped me gain at least 15 yards on all my clubs. I am also lucky that I have enough room in my yard that I am able to hit them with up to a 5 wood full swing.

One more question, how do they compare in size to a golf ball? Are they about the same or are they bigger?

One more question, how do they compare in size to a golf ball? Are they about the same or are they bigger?

They are similar in size, but these are more of a tube with rounded ends than a ball so they seem a bit bigger to me.

I got a dozen of these to play around with in the back yard or at a park, and ended up giving 3 of the 12 to my dad to play with. I don't use them as much anymore, but they are fun to take to a park with a friend and hit them back and forth to (at?) each other and there is less risk of getting hit too hard because of the way they fly. I found them helpful in trying to learn how to shape shots as they seem to respond a bit more dramatically than golf balls do.

When I ordered birdieball putting green, I got a dozen of these hit them a few times with 60* wedge when I'm bored in the backyard, practice some pitching. However, when placed on grass they sit at an angle, and on a mat I find it hard to hit, it's most likey me though.

Oh boy! Now I can pull my dog's kiddie pool out and chip into it. Thanks for a new idea.

There you go!! Haha we bought one for our little dog and she hates it! Go figure right? She only dips a paw in lol that's ok because now like I mentioned its my practice pool.

Back