Stand bag on a push cart?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Sun Mountain push cart, and it's time to buy a new bag. I would like to get a stand bag because I spend a lot of time practicing and it's super convenient, and I would like to walk a few rounds occasionally on flatter courses in the area. But on my home course, I use the push cart a lot.

I was thinking about ordering the SeeMore stand bag, but I'm nervous about how well it would sit on my Sun Mountain cart. A playing partner has a cheapo push cart and an old stand bag, but he puts his on sideway and I'd like to avoid doing that if possible.

What are your experiences with using a stand bag on a push cart?

I have an Ogio Vapor on a ClicGear 2 right now, love it.

I give up a bit of space compared to when I had my Cobra cart bag on it, but it just means I don't carry 4 dozen balls and 4 rain shirts.

Much easier to get in and out of my hatchback, lighter to carry around, works great for at the range. The worst part was going on a camping trip with the cart bag and ClicGear and having no space for the stuff for camping... I decided that day I needed to get back onto a stand bag.

Titleist 14-way Ultra Light on a ClicGear. It wants to turn sideways but isn't a big deal.

I would think it would be okay but it may not stay straight. My old Nike stand bag fit just fine but it always turned a bit sideways. That doesn't bother me too much but some people wouldn't like that.

I use my PING hoofer stand bag on my Bagboy cart. Sits just fine on the cart and stays secure. I can put it sideways too and sometimes do. I agree it is no big deal to have it sideways.

The problem with stand bags on push carts is that the pivot point of the legs toward the top of the bag usually interfere with the saddle or resting point of the top of the cart. But as others have said, if you don't mind it rotating a little bit, it's no big deal. I also modified one of our older push carts to hold my sons stand bag. It's not like the bag is going to fall off though. Gut your stand bag and your push cart and golf away!! There is also a new bag that has the push cart built into it and it can also be set up for use on a golf cart.

Much like what most have said. It will turn a little on you, but will ride just fine.

most of the newer ogio bags are compatible with the synergy cart, thats what im getting to go with my grom bag

most of the newer ogio bags are compatible with the synergy cart, thats what im getting to go with my grom bag

That would be a pretty good deal now that the Synergy cart has come down to a more reasonable price. I was looking to see if the Vapor was compatible, and they had no info, but being a 2013 bag, I would assume that it is.

That would be a pretty good deal now that the Synergy cart has come down to a more reasonable price. I was looking to see if the Vapor was compatible, and they had no info, but being a 2013 bag, I would assume that it is.

does your bag have those little black d rings on them? thats what connects them to the synergy i believe.

does your bag have those little black d rings on them? thats what connects them to the synergy i believe.

I don't have the bag yet, I'm still looking at them and haven't made the purchase yet. Trying to decide what route to go, but I really would like to have a stand bag while retaining the ability to use my push cart. I looked at the Synergy X4 cart a while back, but it was too expensive so I didn't look again, but now that it's come down in price, it's a lot more interesting to me. Especially since I don't have to separate the bag and cart to put them in the hatch.

I will stop at Dick's tomorrow and look at the stand bags to see if any of them are compatible with the X4 and go from there.

look at the ogio bags with the d rings, my grom has it. i kinda wanna sell my grom and get a cart bag though.

My cart has two depressions to accommodate a stand bag I don't often use it but it works great doesn't turn or anything.

I have a stand bag and use it with the Sun Mountain push cart and there is no problems what so ever. The mechanism that folds the legs out sits nicely between the bottom pad of the push cart and the frame.

It doesn't twist or go on sideways, it just stays where I ask it to.

I have a Sun Mountain push cart and my stand bag, which is also Sun Mountain fits fine with no rotation.

One of the nice things about the Bag Boy Quad is that it is made to cradle the legs on a stand-cart so it doesn't rotate.

That and the way it folds down in about 5 seconds.

OP it depends on what model push cart you have and what brand/model of bag you buy. I had issues with my SV1 cart with a Nike 2013 performance stand bag. I had to buy a bungee cord to hold the bag in place cause it would not sit far enough into the cart. However with the older speed carts, there was no issue as they either have the velcro to hold it in place up top or a bungee type strap. It all comes down to the bag really. If the size of the little pad that kicks out the legs is large, there's a good chance that you'll have fitting issues. I ended up selling my stand bag and getting the Sync bag that's designed for the push carts.

I've seen some of the larger stand bags (almost look like a cart bag) that fit well on the carts. Friend of mine has a Taylormade that is really nice.
My Titleist standbag always turned sideways so now I just carry it.

Been using my nike stand bag on Clicgear 3.0 for the past two years, no issues and not on sideways. I seem to have more trouble at some courses keeping on a power cart.

I just bought a brand new Ping Hoofer last year and didn't want to replace it when I started using a pushcart. Plus, I like to carry to the range and other practice sessions. I bought a clicgear and the bag sits on there just fine. No turning, no shifting, and all the pockets are accessible. The ping bag doesn't have the little lever that sticks out for the leg mechanism like some bags though. Very happy with the whole setup.

There are a few stand bags that work really well on push carts. I have the Nike Performance Carry, which is a bigger sort of hybrid stand bag. It's heavy for a carry bag, but you can still hoof it if you want to. Like you, I went with this set-up so I can still use the stand at the range or carry it in 9-hole rounds with my kids. When I was shopping around at Christmas time, I looked at a lot of bags and the bottom is what you want to look for, especially the mechanism that pushes the legs out. The Nike I have works well with the push cart, because it's not real obtrusive. Some of the top Callaway carry bags look even better to be honest. I don't know how they do it, but they've made some stand bags with a nearly flat bottom that would work extremely well on a cart. I say all that to say that you really can have it both ways as long as you buy the right bag. Mine doesn't rotate or even try.

I ended up selling my stand bag and getting the Sync bag that's designed for the push carts.

Did you get this year's SYNC, or do you have an older one? Do you like it?

I have a sun mountain pushcart and ended up with an Adidas stand bag because it was the only one I could find that had a leg opening mechanism that worked with the bottom area of the sun mountain. Basically the lever that operates the legs fits right between the two structural parts of the push cart. It seems to fit very well and does not tend to rotate sideways during the round.

The bag also worked okay with my wife's clic gear.

Buffs99

Did you get this year's SYNC, or do you have an older one? Do you like it?
I have this years(13) bag, so far so good. Cooler pocket is awesome and no structural issues with 25+ rounds on it so far. One thing that could be better imo would be the design of the 14 slots. They work really well but if you have a 3+ wedge setup its a little weird and you just have to get used to it. Otherwise the bag fits into my cart like a glove.

I use a titleist stand bag on a clic gear 3.5 and works great. Just need to tighten the elastic cords a bit and the bag sits in place perfectly.

Back