going to get fitted today!

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Booked an appointment with Doug at Charlottes Golfsmith at 2:30 today! Couple of questions:

1. I'm trading in my current set of irons to pay for part of my new set. Will I need to trade them in on the spot, or can I wait until my new clubs arrive?
2. Should I take my current 6 iron with me as a comparison tool?
3. What exactly goes on during a fitting? (I.e. What does he measure, etc)... I've never done this before and I'm pretty excited.

The battle between the X Forged with KBS Tours or PXis will commence at 2:30. I'll report back afterwards with my results!

I would think they have to be traded on the spot and during my last fitting I had my 6 and 7 iron but didn't use them for comparison very much because I already knew how they performed. I can't answer #3 for you because I am not at all familiar with Golfsmith fittings. If I could offer a little bit of advice though I would say to be open minded going into it. If you have played them and are certain you want the X forged than that's awesome. If you aren't certain what you want then find some things that fit your eye and give them a shot, you might be surprised with what you find.

Typically we take the trade-in at the time of the order, but there are always exceptions to be made. Doug will take good care of you.

He'll start with some static measurements, but the meat of the fitting will revolve around you hitting balls. Dialing in length, lie angle comparing the different shafts, etc.

Since you'll have your clubs with you anyway, take your 6i in to utilize as a baseline.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing what you are fitted to. I know you've been looking forward to these for quite a while!

Alright, so I had Robert fit me today at Golfsmith. The whole process took around 1 hour. He measured my baseline specs, had me use the Mizuno shaft optimizer, and got the lie checked. Here are my specs:

Callaway X Forged 4-PW
1* Flat
Standard length
PXi 5.5
Standard Callaway grip

All in all, I was very happy with my experience at charlotte's Golfsmith, and Robert did a great job with everything. The trade in prices were very reasonable (no lowballing here like golf galaxy), and he is even letting me keep my irons until the new ones come in (around 2 weeks from now). Thanks guys!

Sounds great! That PXi is a solid shaft.

That handicap is gonna keep dropping with your new sticks. With your swing and clubs that fit you, you'll be scaring the sub 5s in no time.

Back