Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Hahahahaha doubtful but I will try anyway.

Congrats on the purchase. You'll definitely bomb it next time we"re out there

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

This driver is one that everyone was really high on during the weekend. The performance plus price point seem to point to a real winner

The orange ACP is a driving range monster. I have been hitting some of the most impressive bombs I've ever hit with this thing.

Only bad part is that I've been having a tough time getting my swing to translate to the course. It's a mental block right now that I have to overcome.

Knowing what this thing is capable of doing if I could get over that block is downright motivating though.

Mah baby:

image_zps19fc9449.jpeg

That looks almost a good as my driver does.

You were suppose to get OU red not KU blue like me. :p

tappin from my big as note2

That looks almost a good as my driver does.

We have good tastes. The indigo's purple/blue at the tip of the shaft just looks badass in the sun with the head. Strangely I think the reason I hit it so well is because I'm always thinking about how awesome the blue looks and not my swing.

You were suppose to get OU red not KU blue like me. :p

tappin from my big as note2

So many things could be said here. SO many, all softballs, but I shall not do that to you Bulldog.

I hit my driver so damn well last weekend, but I still can't resist at least trying this driver at some point....ARGH.

I hit my driver so damn well last weekend, but I still can't resist at least trying this driver at some point....ARGH.

Why must we live so far apart?

Why must we live so far apart?

Stupid medical residency.

I'm trying to figure out whether to just play my gear for the rest of the year or still tinker a little bit. The former is boring, but may be for the best.

I'm trying to figure out whether to just play my gear for the rest of the year or still tinker a little bit. The former is boring, but may be for the best.

SERIOUSLY! Would be SO much easier to just inform her that we're moving to be closer to my friends. Hahaha

You know I'm a tinkerer, so I'm not a good influence there. HA!

My Blue Bomber is making is maiden voyage to the range tonight. Hope to get it dialed in before Sunday.

Well if you try it I hope you have $199 on you because you won't be able to resist buying it. At $199 I'm very strongly considering buying a extra so I can have one as my gamer and one to practice with on the range and not have a mini stroke from the little nicks it picks up from range balls.

Dialing to 8.5 tonight for league just to see...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

The blue does have a calming effect. I picked up some other drivers this weekend and they just looked odd compared to the blue I am now use to.

Dialing to 8.5 tonight for league just to see...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Hit it hard man, I hope the MyFly and SmartPad make it happen man!!!

Finally quit raining in Southern IN long enough for me to get out tonight for a quick 9 with a recently purchased Amp Cell Driver. Very impressed with the feel, distance and most importantly accuracy. Hit 4/6 fairways and 2 I missed was definitely a byproduct of horrible swing. Looking forward to more rounds in future with this thing. Hope the honeymoon period lasts for awhile.

This is quickly rocketing to the top of the list of new drivers for me. Anyone hit it in comparison to the TM Rocketballz Stage 2? My miss is a high fade, so the RBZ's opening of the face while lowering the loft doesn't seem to be in my wheelhouse as much as the Cobra's keeping the face square regardless of loft. Like I said, anyone have a particular preference from these two drivers?

I got my Amp Cell to the range for the first time last night. I was hitting bombs. I brought my XHot with me and was hitting them side by side. I was averaging 20-25 yards longer with a higher ball flight with the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell is set to 11.5 degree and the XHot is 10.5 so that may account for a little of the difference but many it just feels so good. I want to get another range session with it set at 10.5 and see the difference. Also, I have a Matrix White Tie I want to put in there and see what kind of results I get. So far I am loving everything about the club. The blue is just ridiculously good looking as well.

I got my Amp Cell to the range for the first time last night. I was hitting bombs. I brought my XHot with me and was hitting them side by side. I was averaging 20-25 yards longer with a higher ball flight with the Amp Cell. The Amp Cell is set to 11.5 degree and the XHot is 10.5 so that may account for a little of the difference but many it just feels so good. I want to get another range session with it set at 10.5 and see the difference. Also, I have a Matrix White Tie I want to put in there and see what kind of results I get. So far I am loving everything about the club. The blue is just ridiculously good looking as well.
Embrace the higher loft, it can benefit so many people, but too often people want to go with a lower lofted driver.

Glad to hear it's working for ya Ricky.

Embrace the higher loft, it can benefit so many people, but too often people want to go with a lower lofted driver.

If you didnt ignore our Xbox chat last night.... I said last night, I am so used to a lower ball flight that when I was hitting these balls, I wasnt sure if it was too high or what my ball flight should actually be. Haha I cant argue with the distance. I am going to tinker a bit but I freaking love this thing. I hope you get Amp Celled soon my man.

If you didnt ignore our Xbox chat last night.... I said last night, I am so used to a lower ball flight that when I was hitting these balls, I wasnt sure if it was too high or what my ball flight should actually be. Haha I cant argue with the distance. I am going to tinker a bit but I freaking love this thing. I hope you get Amp Celled soon my man.

If you think it's high enough then it's probably too low. ;) Tinker with it until you hit it higher than me. You should be set at that point. :D

See, this man is WISE.

I remember when Jman used to play 8.5* Xstiff drivers. What a revelation from maybe only a year ago!

Back