Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
How SuzyQ and Bullfrog never crossed paths is beyond me. That would have been a good match.

I believe he and JT were too busy stalking saying hi to Jamie Lynn.

Hahahahaha!

What could've been.

SuzyQ was digging all men. No height requirement.

And Jamie is texting an NFL stud.

#takewhatyoucanget

Ah yes, how could I forget that one.

Hehe how about dinner saturday night...

I finally got to sit down and read this JB. I wasn't even there and it brought a slight tear to my eye. Looked like and absolutely TREMENDOUS event that you have and all your helpers have put together. Sometimes I wish I was in the US just so I could attend these THP events. WELL DONE and thank you for posting to let us all pretend that we were actually playing. :D:D:D:D:D

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I have an important Morgan Cup question. Does Playdough wear pants on the golf course when he is not playing but shooting video? :)

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I have an important Morgan Cup question. Does Playdough wear pants on the golf course when he is not playing but shooting video? :)

Nope..only when playing...gray urban camo shorts and pink v neck tee one day...

How SuzyQ and Bullfrog never crossed paths is beyond me. That would have been a good match.

I was hiding from her! Thanks Amol I thought we were friends. I'm hard up but not desperate! :laughing:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Absolutly the most awkward moments of the MC for this guy. She was relentless.

I felt bad for you dude. Not bad enough to help you out with Mrs. Q tho :banghead:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Absolutly the most awkward moments of the MC for this guy. She was relentless.

bahahahahha she wouldn't leave you alone!

Practice round Wednesday Recap!!

The first practice rounds were really special for me as I got to play with Dean for the first time. Outside of Amol, Dean actually lives the closest to me and until Wednesday morning we had yet to play a round together. I had to really hustle to catch up with Dean and Brad. My flight got changed (stupid US Airways!!) so I arrived about 45 minutes later than I had planned. After renting my car and driving an average of about 85 mph to True Blue, I caught up with Dean and Brad on the green of hole 1. They did an awesome job stalling so I could catch them and play the entire 18. Freddie was supposed to be in our group as well but he had to run to the airport and was even later returning than I was unfortunately. Highlights were just simply spending time with two awesome dudes and watching Dean shoot his career best and at the same time finding out that he only hits his GW about 85 yards on a good day (kidding bro!!!). Brad really started to figure out his irons and driver towards the end of the round which was great to see. Also, I got to spend some time in the sand which was sorely needed and really helped me get that part of my game in order for the tournament. Also, True Blue was nice enough to let me play the first hole after we finished 18 so I could get a full round in. I can't thank them enough!!

The second practice round of the day for me was with several members of team #GOTIME also known as Cobra/Puma. Same as the first round, this was a really special round for me for numerous reasons. First off I got to tee it up with my roomie Icey which was awesome. The dude rocks the flat brim as well as anyone I have ever known. I also got to play with two of my fellow MC vets, Tyno and Howzat. It was really cool talking equipment for the duration of the round and discussing what we liked about our sponsor and what we LOVED about them. Overall, we were very impressed with our gear with very few exceptions. I must also say that watching Howzat play a pretty draw all of a sudden was a shock to my system after watching him pound out a power fade last year. I was lucky enough to play my first round match last year with Howzat as my partner in the 2012 Morgan Cup. That round, still to this day, was one of the most special rounds that I have ever been involved in in my life. It was awesome to relive that round with him and to get to tee it up with him again. Highlights during the round were Tyno sandbagging the crap out of everyone... JUST KIDDING. He was working some things out before the weekend, but that didn't stop us from giving him a hard time haha. Howzat and Icey really hit their AMP cell irons well and scored pretty well. Also seeing the gator twice on the back 9 was pretty cool. It was quite simply an awesome way to start the week. When I play both of the courses, True Blue and Caledonia, it feels like I am coming home. I don't know how else to describe it. Two amazing golf courses, with great friends in an idyllic setting. Nothing is better.

I just have a feeling you guys are never going to let me live down this Jaime Lynn thing.

Amol you are too kind my friend. You will be an excellent father, I know it and everyone else knows it. You are with out a doubt one of my favorite people. Your thought process, you caring nature and your laid back attitude all make for the Amol we all know and love.

I will be doing a few video recaps in the coming days but I wanted to say something. This past weekend was with out a doubt the best golf weekend of my life. I've hosted and attended numerous and this was by far the best. When I look back in it, it's not the win that I think about. It's every minute shared with 40 plus people. The smiling faces, the heart felt hellos and how are you doings. The kids, parents and families that followed and cheered good golf. The silly stories and happenings. Paradise may have garnered more points but I think we can all say the weekend made us all winners. What an amazing feeling I get with every thought of last weekend.

The recaps and post just confirm to me that I am not alone. Josh and Morgan deserve all the credit for creating such a life altering experience. It was truly remarkable and I have so many to share this with over the years. Thank you to each and everyone of you for making my life that much better.

Mike Dean, AKA Mikedean had a good idea with the list. Here is one of mine

1. Beware of Cookie if you have a camera in your hand
2. Jeremiah (Bullfrog) is hilarious but doesn't try to be
3. I think Nate caught me sleeping sitting up on Saturday night
4. Chipotle better start serving breakfast at more locations or there will be a seriously pissed of Canadian
5. It is fun to say "puttin for bird is puttin for bird."
6. You can trust Amol because he is a doctor and he has a shirt to prove it
7. Freddie is a straight shooter
8. Waste bunkers seem cool until your ball is in one
9. Ddec is awesome and nerfny is awesomer
10. Giants fans are lame but they can putt pretty well

I love all The Morgan Cup threads. The videos of people getting picked, seeing the equipment come in watching the progress and practice people make. The great reviews of the clubs and seeing the staff bags for the first time. I think I want to be part of it but the recap threads really give me the desire to try and get in. These threads complete The Morgan Cup for me.

That's the truth right there....LOL

Mike Dean, AKA Mikedean had a good idea with the list. Here is one of mine

1. Beware of Cookie if you have a camera in your hand
2. Jeremiah (Bullfrog) is hilarious but doesn't try to be
3. I think Nate caught me sleeping sitting up on Saturday night
4. Chipotle better start serving breakfast at more locations or there will be a seriously pissed of Canadian
5. It is fun to say "puttin for bird is puttin for bird."
6. You can trust Amol because he is a doctor and he has a shirt to prove it
7. Freddie is a straight shooter
8. Waste bunkers seem cool until your ball is in one
9. Ddec is awesome and nerfny is awesomer
10. Giants fans are lame but they can putt pretty well

Oh I love number 9!!

#5 cracks me up. I don't think I utilized that once though. Probably good, I would have laughed through the call

#5 cracks me up. I don't think I utilized that once though. Probably good, I would have laughed through the call

I probably said it on some of his tee shots haha

After the streaming is complete, we will have some news (and thread) on the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event.

After the streaming is complete, we will have some news (and thread) on the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event.

As with most news here it just keeps getting better!

I really can't wait for the streaming coverage. It's going to be awesome!

#bombdropped

Truly excited to see the event carrying on in 2014. It's a ride like no other.

Fanfreakintastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back