The Nike Crush...a Mini Review

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
JB did a thorough and insightful review of the Crush, and based on that review I picked up a dozen and played it today. They are designed for the moderate swing speed player, approximately 80 to 95 mph, and have a compression rating of 63. It has 312 dimples, which is supposed to help with lift. They cost $21.95 a dozen.

Driver
Worked as advertised. The ball didn't have much side spin and traveled far with tighter dispersion. It felt good coming off the driver without being squishy.

Mid-Irons
The ball had good trajectory without ballooning and the feel was good of a well struck iron shot was very solid.

Short irons
No ballooning again. Good trajectory and landed softly, but again little spin.

Wedges
Was nicely surprised at how well the ball felt off the wedges...nice and soft. I was also surprised that there was some spin, not a whole lot, but more than I anticipated with a two piece ball.

Putter
The ball wasn't squishy or clicky off the putter, but somewhere in between. If was a good ball to putt with.

Durability
The ball looked the same after 18 holes as it did right out of the box.

Conclusion
The Nike Crush is a Noodle+ on steroids. If you are looking for a good performing two piece ball at a reasonable price you may want to give the Nike Crush a try.

Great stuff DC. Glad they seemed to work as well or better for you than our review said. Our testers really enjoyed this ball and had similar thoughts that you have.

thanks

thanks

Great review...looking fwd to picking up a sleeve and giving them a try!

Good review

Good review

Excellent review. Thats exactly my experience when I test this balls.
This is my new favorite ball.

This is a good review, however, my durability was less than Defcons. I wouldn't use the ball again after a round. Not sure of the makeup of his courses, but our desert courses are not ball friendly if you are off the fairways.

This is a good review, however, my durability was less than Defcons. I wouldn't use the ball again after a round. Not sure of the makeup of his courses, but our desert courses are not ball friendly if you are off the fairways.

You struggled with durability with the Crush? Our testers were using this ball for 4-5 rounds at a time and had no issues at all. We used the crush for quite a bit of club testing as well and even wedges could not cut the cover one bit.

You struggled with durability with the Crush? Our testers were using this ball for 4-5 rounds at a time and had no issues at all. We used the crush for quite a bit of club testing as well and even wedges could not cut the cover one bit.

I believe that is what I wrote. My bag is at the course right now, but tomorrow I will bring some of the balls back and post up some pics of the balls. They were all used 1 round or less in a couple instances. I play tomorrow also and will start with a fresh Crush ball and show a pic of that one.

Reactions: JB
I believe that is what I wrote.

Wow, someone is grumpy. Merely pointed out in our review with over a dozen golfers testing it that we experienced none of those issues. Your courses must destroy most balls, because the composition of the Crush is one of the hardest on the market. Very similar to that of the e7, the DT, and the Diablo.

I will have to at least try these based on THP review and what I am hearing on the courses.

I'm still playing it and still very happy with it.

I'm still playing it and still very happy with it.

Have you seen any issues with durability? I mean this is one of the hardest covers I have ever played.

After reading the review of these on this site, I picked up a dozen. I really like them, as I came from using NXT Tour and DT Carry from Titleist. No issues with durability at all, inf act they are really hard. But they go far and straight.

Have you seen any issues with durability? I mean this is one of the hardest covers I have ever played.
I haven't seen any JB, quite the contrary. The cover may be hard, but the ball doesn't feel hard, if that makes any sense.

After reading the review of these on this site, I picked up a dozen. I really like them, as I came from using NXT Tour and DT Carry from Titleist. No issues with durability at all, inf act they are really hard. But they go far and straight.
And, they feel good off the putter and wedges. :)

I tried the crush today. I really did like it for a winter ball. The crush had great distance. had a really good feeling off the club. I thought the durability was great. After using the ball for 9 holes. Just wiped off the dirt, and the ball looked as good as new. The hardest part of using the ball was compensating for the lack of spin off of the short irons. I think Nike did a really good job with this ball.

Rob

I believe that is what I wrote. My bag is at the course right now, but tomorrow I will bring some of the balls back and post up some pics of the balls. They were all used 1 round or less in a couple instances. I play tomorrow also and will start with a fresh Crush ball and show a pic of that one.

I was wondering if you were going to post pics? I am interested in seeing the condition after a round. Thanks

I am baffled by the durability thing right now. I am thinking the ball must have hit something, because this ball is one of the most durable I have ever seen or used.

I was wondering if you were going to post pics? I am interested in seeing the condition after a round. Thanks

I didn't play yesterday as the weather wasn't great and my Jewish wife of all people had me out hanging xmas lights. However, I am going to go down to the course and pick up my bag for a golf trip this weekend today and post pics of the balls from my bag that I used over the last week tonight.

I am not saying the balls didn't hit anything, just that my durablity wasn't as great as what was posted. Again, I think a big part of it is our courses here as the only balls that I have played with that had the greatest durability were the cheaper balls such as Slazenger, Maxfli, etc. but they are like hitting rocks. More times than not I start a round with a new ball due to them being scuffed up or sliced from the previous round.

The good news is that just about everybody else did not have durability issues. The balls must have hit something, because if a hard cover 2 piece ball like this could not hold up, could you imagine if you played any premium ball. It would be ruined after 1 shot.

Brought my bag home, but for some reason there aren't any Crush balls in it. All I had in it were my AD333 balls, so maybe I was mistaken, but I could have sworn I played my Crush balls this past weekend. Usually when the balls are not up to my liking I just throw them out into the range for practice balls when leaving the course, so could be what happened with my old Crush balls. In any case I was pretty much set on the Crush ball being my new ball even with the durability issue I encountered. I am going on a golf trip this weekend to Phoenix and will be playing 6 rounds Friday through Monday and will be using the Crush ball and will report back if my findings still hold true or I was hallucinating.

In any case I was pretty much set on the Crush ball being my new ball even with the durability issue I encountered.

So you do like them or you don't? I am confused by the two posts. One you said you would not play them again and then you said they were your new ball. What did you like about it?

So you do like them or you don't? I am confused by the two posts. One you said you would not play them again and then you said they were your new ball. What did you like about it?

I posted in a couple places that I had narrowed my ball choices down to the Crush and the AD333 and was going to go out and look for the new AD333 as there was a new 2010 version out to see if it was the same. In fact in that thread I stated that, you had stated you just received in the new batch of the AD333 and would be reviewing them soon. My initial post above was in regards to using the balls after a round again and my durability issue, had nothing to do with not liking the ball at all. Maybe I didn't word that correctly and you and others thought I didn't like the ball after using it for a round and wouldn't be using them at all, when in fact I was only addressing the durability of the ball after a round. Sometimes when you write what you are thinking it doesn't come out as you intended I guess. But even when I read it now, it still makes sense to me. I agreed with Defcons review and stated "good review" (actually rereading Defcons review, it looks like we disagree a little on how it feels off the wedges) and only disagreed with the durability, all other aspects were consistent with my personal feelings of the ball.

As for what I like about the ball, it feels good off my driver and irons, with my wedges I am still undecided as I am with my putter. However, I did just get a new putter so I am still in the learning phase with the putter. I went from a 2 ball Odyssey to a Ping metal face, so there is a different feeling I am getting used to when the ball comes off the face. As for side spin, etc., honestly, I am not that good of a golfer to be able to say that one ball spins less than another and because of that it stays in the fairway vs. slicing or hooking. I base most of how I feel about a ball off of 3 things, distance, wedges and putter as I am a pretty straight hitter and if I am off, then it won't matter what ball I am playing as it will be out of bounds if it didn't go down the middle in most cases.

So to sum up my review about the Crush, distance was about equal with the AD333, Trispeed and E6+. Wedge feel I am still working on it, but so far it hasn't stopped me from liking the ball, and the same with the putter. It doesn't pop off the putter face like the E6+ does, but at the same time isn't a dull feeling either. Feel off the driver and irons is good also, as I stated above.

Right now if I could build my own ball, it would be a combination of the Crush, the AD333 and the E6+. I like the pop of the E6+ off my putter, I like the feel of the Crush so far on everything but my wedges and like the AD333 on my wedges. And my strengths are my short game and putting. I don't know how much of this is in my head though. :D

Crush

Crush

I have been using this ball for the last month, and to me is the longest I have used.
Yesterday I was playing with few friends and one of them was talking that there's no longest ball than the V1.
I decide to make a challenge. I tell him that use the Crush ball against V1 on a long Par 5 tee.# drive with each ball
The result was 10 to 12yds longer and better position in the fairway with the Nike Crush than the V1.
The better part was we he ask the price.

Back