Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If be curious to know how big of a seller the altitudes are, they are hugely popular here, but I wonder if that translates to the general population

To answer the question correctly Wake, I can give you some general thoughts.
The HB line of irons has always been a niche market set.
Two years ago the HB3 line actually saw a reduction and loss compared to the Hibore set prior to it.
The Altitude set not only eclipsed the HB3 line, but was on par with the Hi-Bore line in terms of sales.

There are two parts of that that are interesting.
1st - This years sales (overall) are quite low, but truthfully when you examine overall numbers they are not as drastic as some would make you believe. Just that 2012 was so big in certain categories that anything was going to be low, but they are good compared to 5 years ago which is the number most companies are using because it has a relevant numbers point based on the economy.
2nd - The Altitude line being able to be mixed with other sets plays a big factor here. The sales are based on both sets and pieces. Sets, it eclipsed HB3 and was on par with HiBore. Pieces, my gut tells me it was higher than both.

Some companies saw a drastic drop in certain categories, but that was not the case for this one that saw an increase in the two that seemed to be targeted based on marketing.

I've talked to a couple people in store and most don't even want to give them much consideration but this is based on my small contact.

This has been my experience as well. When I went to try them out in Golfsmith the fitter said that I was the first person who had asked to try them out. From my limited experience with these clubs and golf stores, they aren't terribly popular.

The one time I tried the Altitudes at an outdoor range, the salesman didnt even know where on the wall he had them. whhen we found them, he immediately tried convincing me that I should look at another club.

It's a shame, they are a fantastic set. If I could get over the looks I would own a set.

I.had the same experience at a golf galaxy, my dad was hitting quite a few irons, abd specifically wanted to hit the altitudes. We pretty much had to beg the sales guy to let him hit them, then he actively was trying to talk him out of them.

If be curious to know how big of a seller the altitudes are, they are hugely popular here, but I wonder if that translates to the general population

My buddy who is the store manager of a golf Galaxy outside of philly told me that they have sold one set since release.

My buddy who is the store manager of a golf Galaxy outside of philly told me that they have sold one set since release.

The one in Berwyn? I wouldn't be surprised.

Taps away

I.had the same experience at a golf galaxy, my dad was hitting quite a few irons, abd specifically wanted to hit the altitudes. We pretty much had to beg the sales guy to let him hit them, then he actively was trying to talk him out of them.

Golf Galaxy employees are so frustrating at times. Their job is to sell you clubs the clubs you want yet they're always trying to force the latest TaylorMade iron set down your throats

No, Oxford valley. It's a great shop with some awesome employees. He said nobody ever asks to hit the altitudes

I haven't been to that one, but might have to check it out as the Golfsmith up that way is terrific. The one in Berwyn told me the Tudes are for old people, didn't have any in stiff flex because no one with that SS would hit these and tried to direct me to the H4's for some reason.

Taps away

I haven't been to that one, but might have to check it out as the Golfsmith up that way is terrific. The one in Berwyn told me the Tudes are for old people, didn't have any in stiff flex because no one with that SS would hit these and tried to direct me to the H4's for some reason.

Taps away

thats awful. Dan is the manager at the one in OV. If you ever go there, ask for him and tell him you are a buddy of mine. He will take good care f you.

No, Oxford valley. It's a great shop with some awesome employees. He said nobody ever asks to hit the altitudes

Their loss.

Fact.

I've tried pushing the alts and the others on potential buyers with no luck. Not a single set of 588's sold. The $699.99 price point is too high sitting right next to Adams going for $459.99

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The original Titleist AP2s from 2008!

Does ANYONE have any experience with them?

I've tried pushing the alts and the others on potential buyers with no luck. Not a single set of 588's sold. The $699.99 price point is too high sitting right next to Adams going for $459.99

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Move the Altitudes next to some Titelist irons!

Ate these supposed to be released for sale yet?
y5enybar.jpg

I don't think so......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I need a shaft for an Xhot pro driver. And I'm absolutely clueless on what would be best suited for my swing.

I'm pondering a 3 deep. Seriously pondering.

Ate these supposed to be released for sale yet?
y5enybar.jpg

Not until the 9th. Somebody jumped the gun if they are out already.

I need a shaft for an Xhot pro driver. And I'm absolutely clueless on what would be best suited for my swing.

You swing hard right?

What are you looking to accomplish with a shaft-change?

You swing hard right?

What are you looking to accomplish with a shaft-change?

Currently I have the 6.0 in it, and I'm seeing the ball all over the place. And to add insult to injury I'm hitting the 3 deep further and a hell of a lot more consistent. Swing hard? My swing speed averages 108. I would say my transition at the top is not harsh. I'd like to get into a mid launching shaft. At the outing I was on the launch monitor with this set up and the numbers seemed very good. I'm not sure what happened really. If it was cause it was later in the demo day, or my sing as changed that much since the outing. The R1 I have seems to remain pretty consistent, but it's much shorter off the tee then my 3deep.

seriously pondering a optiforce.... i may need to hit one at golf galaxy tomorrow and get some numbers.

seriously pondering a optiforce.... i may need to hit one at golf galaxy tomorrow and get some numbers.

I hit it tonight for a bit. I am really happy its out of my price range.. Unreal

I hit it tonight for a bit. I am really happy its out of my price range.. Unreal

hahaha i have a few things i could off but i wanna see how some other stuff pans out first... i still want to try the x hot pro driver with an upgraded shaft first. may be a much cheaper option.

Pondering some Ping eye 2 irons. I wanted to try out some new irons and found some Pings used for $180 and they are red dots so they fit my flatter swing better than current irons. I hit the 6-iron today for 30 mins or so and the numbers and flight I'm getting is very nice. I guess you can't beat the classics, also great deal on this set and in very good condition for how old they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back