Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does one do with a stolen tailgate?

Steal a truck to go with it?

Spoiler
I think it is because tailgates get beat up, so there is a market for used ones. So they either sell it or use it.

Steal a truck to go with it?

Spoiler
I think it is because tailgates get beat up, so there is a market for used ones. So they either sell it or use it.

Are tailgates fungible?

I am so fed up with Verizon!!!! Not once have they EVER had our bill correct, we call they say they are going to fix it and then there is another issue. They had the dates wrong to install service, then they had our bundle package wrong 5 times and the list goes on and on. I swear steam is coming out of my ears right now I am so mad. I get my bill today and I open it up and it's over $200 more than it is supposed to be WTF! Someone decided to remove my bundle package and charge me for service at an address I haven't lived at for over a month now. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with customer support who still doesn't understand how my bill was so high but she promised me by the end of our conversation that everything was fixed. That was around 4:30pm....I just got a call (that's right 4 hours later!) from some other person from Verizon telling me he was given an order that can't be filled and whatever the customer support person told me was wrong and I have to call back and get it fixed again. Are you F'ing kidding me?? Then to make matters worse the customer support line isn't even open now!!! The worst part is I can't get mad at the customer support person because it's not really their fault and I am sure they get yelled at all the time, but something has to be fixed and it better be fixed for good by tomorrow or I am finding someone to yell at and I will tear them a new one....I have had it!

Whew, I feel better now.

What does one do with a stolen tailgate?

I imagine someone with a Chevy Silverado the same color as mine got his tailgate damaged and since this is a $1000 problem, he came up with a low cost solution. He would just sit in a golf course parking lot and wait until some dufus (that would be me) drove in, got his clubs and headed out for a 4 hour round of golf.

Since it only takes 5 minutes to steal the tailgate, he probably waited until no one was in that end of the parking lot, drove up with his buddy, snatched my tailgate off my truck, threw it on his truck and drove off without spending the $1000. Instead, I got to spend the $1000 and also got a lesson into why you need a locking tailgate.

I am so fed up with Verizon!!!! Not once have they EVER had our bill correct, we call they say they are going to fix it and then there is another issue. They had the dates wrong to install service, then they had our bundle package wrong 5 times and the list goes on and on. I swear steam is coming out of my ears right now I am so mad. I get my bill today and I open it up and it's over $200 more than it is supposed to be WTF! Someone decided to remove my bundle package and charge me for service at an address I haven't lived at for over a month now. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with customer support who still doesn't understand how my bill was so high but she promised me by the end of our conversation that everything was fixed. That was around 4:30pm....I just got a call (that's right 4 hours later!) from some other person from Verizon telling me he was given an order that can't be filled and whatever the customer support person told me was wrong and I have to call back and get it fixed again. Are you F'ing kidding me?? Then to make matters worse the customer support line isn't even open now!!! The worst part is I can't get mad at the customer support person because it's not really their fault and I am sure they get yelled at all the time, but something has to be fixed and it better be fixed for good by tomorrow or I am finding someone to yell at and I will tear them a new one....I have had it!

Whew, I feel better now.

Next step for Verizon will be to move their customer service to Indonesia along with all the Hi-tech companies so you will be able yell at someone who barely understands what you are saying. That should fix it.:D

Next step for Verizon will be to move their customer service to Indonesia along with all the Hi-tech companies so you will be able yell at someone who barely understands what you are saying. That should fix it.:D

And their name will be Stacy or Phillip.

Verizon has screwed up our phone bill at work countless time.

Finally went all Comcast at home. They only look good compared to Verizon.

Verizon has screwed up our phone bill at work countless time.

Finally went all Comcast at home. They only look good compared to Verizon.

If they don't fix it tomorrow we are going to switch to Comcast too. This is truly the last straw they just can't get anything right and I have no patience for this any longer.

I imagine someone with a Chevy Silverado the same color as mine got his tailgate damaged and since this is a $1000 problem, he came up with a low cost solution. He would just sit in a golf course parking lot and wait until some dufus (that would be me) drove in, got his clubs and headed out for a 4 hour round of golf.

Since it only takes 5 minutes to steal the tailgate, he probably waited until no one was in that end of the parking lot, drove up with his buddy, snatched my tailgate off my truck, threw it on his truck and drove off without spending the $1000. Instead, I got to spend the $1000 and also got a lesson into why you need a locking tailgate.

Stealing tailgates reminds me of a buddy who had bought a brand new Toyota 4x4 back in 1989. He wasn't used to driving a 4x4 truck and he broke a tail light soon after, trying to back into a space. Toyota wanted $200 for a replacement, so he thought he'd steal one from another Toyota 4x4 truck in a parking lot at night.

My buddy isn't a very good thief apparently. He told me that he was really nervous about doing this, but when he saw an opportunity, he took it. He told me that he sat behind the truck, which had backed into its parking space, whipped out a screwdriver and removed the tail light, all in the dark, without a flashlight. He then ran as fast as he could to his own truck and sped away. He got home a few minutes later and proceeded to replace his broken tail light with the stolen one.

That's when he discovered that he stole the wrong side.

Stealing tailgates reminds me of a buddy who had bought a brand new Toyota 4x4 back in 1989. He wasn't used to driving a 4x4 truck and he broke a tail light soon after, trying to back into a space. Toyota wanted $200 for a replacement, so he thought he'd steal one from another Toyota 4x4 truck in a parking lot at night.

My buddy isn't a very good thief apparently. He told me that he was really nervous about doing this, but when he saw an opportunity, he took it. He told me that he sat behind the truck, which had backed into its parking space, whipped out a screwdriver and removed the tail light, all in the dark, without a flashlight. He then ran as fast as he could to his own truck and sped away. He got home a few minutes later and proceeded to replace his broken tail light with the stolen one.

That's when he discovered that he stole the wrong side.

I think I'd find a new "friend."

I think I'd find a new "friend."

That was 20 years ago, when we were both young and dumb. He's since become a widowed father of four, and is 100x more mature and responsible.

Carp. Cost of a free flight went from 30,000 to 50,000 miles. We all have the first; none of us has the second. Cost to purchase tickets to see Mom next summer: $2,000.

I guess the recession really IS over. Just tell my wallet that.

I had my snow tires put on and they stripped 4 lug nuts. :banghead:

The nuts or the bolts?

The nuts or the bolts?

Which is which? They did something to both the wheel and the bolts I guess. I had to bring my car to my mechanic - $196 later - I'm fixed.

Which is which? They did something to both the wheel and the bolts I guess. I had to bring my car to my mechanic - $196 later - I'm fixed.

Why wouldn't whoever put your snow tires do the right thing and fix it themselves or compensate you for the extra cost?

Why wouldn't whoever put your snow tires do the right thing and fix it themselves or compensate you for the extra cost?

I went to one of those tire places and they just didn't care. At first they told me they could only get three bolts in so I should be very careful driving. I should pursue it, but I just want it over. I won't go there again.

You should send the bill to them. If it's a big chain like NTB or Tires Plus, you should get something done.

You should send the bill to them. If it's a big chain like NTB or Tires Plus, you should get something done.

It's a New England chain. I called customer service and they said that these things wear out. I don't know enough to argue intelligently and since it's not a great deal of money - I don't want to invest the time in talking to them. I'm investing my time more wisely - whining to you guys.

The only time they wear out is when some idiot cross threads them.

My head hurts. I hate a boring meeting at 4:00 and really can't start anything before then without having to re-do it all tomorrow.

I hate boring meetings too Claire. Not just the ones at 4:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back