Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Anyone else find that their AW in the XHP set launches insanely high?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Have not had this issue. AW launches similar hight expected when compared to my PW and 9i.

Have not had this issue. AW launches similar hight expected when compared to my PW and 9i.

Hmmnn ... maybe I'm paying the price of not having flighted shafts.

Ordered a set today, wasn't in love with rocketbladez tour and gave the non tour version to my son for highschool golf

Hmmnn ... maybe I'm paying the price of not having flighted shafts.

The flighted shafts were launching too high for me during my fitting.

The flighted shafts were launching too high for me during my fitting.

In theory, they would launch the short irons lower though. In assuming you did your fitting with the 6?

In theory, they would launch the short irons lower though. In assuming you did your fitting with the 6?

That is correct. My PW is offset more than I prefer but I quickly got over it after seeing them perform. I'd imagine the AW is just as offset resulting in the higher flight...not knowing anything about his swing.

Went to the range to get a quick session in with my 4 year old, these can go. With a headwind I hit the 7 iron flush about 155-160. Can't wait to play these in a round tomorrow. I am stoked probably won't sleep. I need not over swing, smooth swing on these will make em go long and straight.

Hi Thread! :)

Ive checked out this thread now, And I just ordered: i3 xhot, i4-pw xhot pro, forged wedge 50 degrees, PXI 6.0. Hyperlight bag 4,5 :)
I hope this will match up nice with the other clubs in my bag. My only worries is the gap from pw to 50...

Anyway, I just wantyed to say hi to this thread :)

// N

Hi Thread! :)

Ive checked out this thread now, And I just ordered: i3 xhot, i4-pw xhot pro, forged wedge 50 degrees, PXI 6.0. Hyperlight bag 4,5 :)
I hope this will match up nice with the other clubs in my bag. My only worries is the gap from pw to 50...

Anyway, I just wantyed to say hi to this thread :)

// N

The gap between the XHP PW and the 50` is 5` that is the normal. The AW for the XHP is 50` as well so don't worry

The gap between the XHP PW and the 50` is 5` that is the normal. The AW for the XHP is 50` as well so don't worry

yeah, thats true, but the flight are soo "agressive" in the irons if u compare to the wedges :)

But you havent had any problems?

// J

yeah, thats true, but the flight are soo "agressive" in the irons if u compare to the wedges :)

But you havent had any problems?

// J

I'm seeing a mid flight on my PW and just a little higher with my 50. I like both flights as I can control them by moving ball position. I had the 50 forged it loved it, was my tried and trusted 100 yard club

Are any of you guys hitting these with the stock True Temper SpeedStep 95 shafts? I'm looking to possibly put a set of those shafts in my G10's but I haven't been able to find many reviews and then seen they were the stock option with the Xhot irons so I figured it was worth a shot to come here and see if anyone kept the stock shafts. Thanks guys!

Are any of you guys hitting these with the stock True Temper SpeedStep 95 shafts? I'm looking to possibly put a set of those shafts in my G10's but I haven't been able to find many reviews and then seen they were the stock option with the Xhot irons so I figured it was worth a shot to come here and see if anyone kept the stock shafts. Thanks guys!

I hit them at my fitting...launch was too high for me

I am way late to this party, but thought I would chime in. The XHot hits the ball very straight and very far. I am completely happy after my first round with the clubs (5-PW), they are as advertised.

Callaway is having a sale on them (they are on their way to being discontinued for newer models) so if you are on the fence you should give them a try and take advantage of some savings.

Ordered a set of x hots with the px 95 flighted shafts and picked them up this past weekend but have not had a chance to play them yet. I purchased this combo because a friend of mine which has the same set-up let me play the clubs for a few rounds. I love the feel of the ball off the club and they were longer and straighter than what I was playing.

was just perusing Callaway pre-owned, "Like New" X-Hot pro irons 4-PW & AW for under $400

was just perusing Callaway pre-owned, "Like New" X-Hot pro irons 4-PW & AW for under $400
From everything I've read about that site, the condition of the clubs purchased are always better than described. That's a heck of a deal right there.

From everything I've read about that site, the condition of the clubs purchased are always better than described. That's a heck of a deal right there.

I have bought a few "Like New" items from them and they were in perfect condition

Ive made several purchases from them. They ship quickly and the condition is accurate. They also sell more than just call away a too. If you don't want to order via web,use their 800 number and talk to them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have ordered 2 sets of irons from them in the past. Conditions were listed as "like new" and "very good". Both sets looked like they had never hit a ball. In my experiences and like others have said, you can usually expect better than what is listed.

Bump this up for a question. Those with the X Hot Pro AW...how are you liking it? What is the distance gap between it and your PW and what are your avg distances with each? I haven't seen one in a while but if I recall it seemed fairly offset. Any thoughts on that?

I appreciate any feedback. I'm thinking about picking one up but looking to see what you guys are experiencing for distance and gaps.

Thanks!!

Can't speak to these, but do have the X2Hot AW. Have only taken partial swings with it so far, as a 9:00 AW is my 90 yard shot. It was on the money for me there. PW with the same swing was right around 100, which is what I'd expect as well.

I picked to a set X Hot irons, a couple of weeks back, (5-PW), fitted with KBS Tour parallel tip shafts and Black Widow Fusion II grips. They were selling at a knock down price, making way for the new X2 Hot range, so I got a good deal. Since the weather of late has been shocking, I have only managed to hit the range, but I like what I see. Can't wait to get them out on the course and really put them through their paces.

Back