The Official Tiger Woods Thread

what tiger needs today is a better shirt

Well, I stand by this post 1 million percent, but the part about him playing well today clearly was off. Yet if you look at why, the description in there is pretty dead on. 19 putts on the front 9?

Hitting the first 7 greens didn't help the putting average, especially when not in make able spots. He had a few though that were just bad putts, like running the birdie putt 8ft by haha

Well I think he's making a concious effort to hit putts on a more aggressive line, so I think that gives some explanation to why he's blowing some of them by the hole. Tiger isn't making putts but he seems to be rolling the ball pretty well

I was reading some post-pga stuff, mainly stuff from people that aren't "golf people" just looking to get some different perspectives on things. Much of the focus was on dufner's "love tap", and someone brought up the inevitable conversation of could-you-imagine-if-tiger-had-done-that?

Now obviously there are a number of differences, dufner is married and tiger is not married for very public reasons that would also impact the reception of such antics. I think with dufner it's a fun loving thing that we all just sort of enjoyed the moment, whereas with Tiger I think this would be a big deal that all the talking heads would get on their soap box over. And again I acknowledge the reason for that would reside in tiger's past issues and dufner has no such public peccadillo's. I also think that had this been phil doing it to his wife it would also be recieved in mixed company because I think there would be teetotalers that would find it to be poor taste and a bad example by a role model.

I think about these things because it starts my thought process down the road of examining the uneasy role of sex in our society, our society and the internet and all of that fun philosophical stuff.

I'm not really trying to start any kind of discussion on the matter, these were just some interesting things I thought about in my morning reading and felt like sharing.

If smacking your woman's behind is wrong I don't want to be right.

I think Tiger would have been to busy fist pumping and flexing to pat Lindsay's behind. If she got to close to him during his celebration, she might be out of the Olympics with major internal injuries.

duf did tap his woman with more ferocity than he stroked those short putts that barely dropped in the front of the cup. maybe he needs to think like that over those 3 footers

duf did tap his woman with more ferocity than he stroked those short putts that barely dropped in the front of the cup. maybe he needs to think like that over those 3 footers

It's all about distance control. Tiger tends to strike a little firm...

If smacking your woman's behind is wrong I don't want to be right.

Nothing wrong with it if you pick the right time and place. On camera in front of a few million viewers just ain't the place. It's just crude in my book.

Nothing wrong with it if you pick the right time and place. On camera in front of a few million viewers just ain't the place. It's just crude in my book.

In all fairness, I watched this on YouTube. He slapped her on the hips and then slid his hand around to the actual behind as they walked off. No butt slaps were ever divvied out.

You make it sound like he was groping and making out with her in front of the camera and viewers.

That was so insignificant that I'm truly shocked it is being discussed.

Because you can't just win a major and not be ridiculed.

Wait... This is the tiger woods thread. What I meant to say was "you just can't win a major".

I also don't get why this is being talked about in the Tiger thread.

I don't and didn't have any problem with it. He won his first major, was given a check for $1.4 million, the only thing that makes your day any better is a little tap on your wife's backside. Maybe I'm crude (certainly been called worse) but she didn't seem to have any problem with it, why do you?

Back to Tiger though, I have no idea what might be wrong with him but he's made a ton of money this year, got some trophies and is having the kind of year any of us would love to have. What's wrong? No clue but he'll get it fixed. How many tour pros have gone 5 years without a major?

This question was posed on a local radio show this past Saturday morning. Who wins another major first: Tiger Woods or Jim Furyk? Man, is it really to that point in Tiger's career to compare him to Furyk, and lose! He needs to get him mental makeup back to pre-9 iron.

Oh, and the radio host said Tiger. He got lots of calls Sunday dogging on him.

Does everyone forget that Tiger is still on the same pace as Jack, rather he hasn't won in 5 years or not.

My personal belief is that the masters is the major for tiger to win. Same course and same setup every year. He knows the greens and can putt decently well.

The majors where the venue changes year to year, he will always be in trouble. His short game and putting have become very mediocre for him. He just doesn't seem to read greens well. People have always said he is great green remember-er but not reader.

Question, if tiger wins 5 masters in the next 10 years and breaks Jack's record is it as good as Jacks 18 over different courses?

Question, if tiger wins 5 masters in the next 10 years and breaks Jack's record is it as good as Jacks 18 over different courses?

In my opinion, major wins are major wins. That'd mean he wins a Masters as late as 47 years old, which is completely doable. And that's not counting him playing other majors which are bound to hit on a course he likes once in a while.

Still counts as a win last I checked. Jack won a third of his on the same course after all

Back