2014 Morgan Cup - Venue Announcement

The 18th at Caledonia looks like there's no room anywhere to hit it. Great hole to watch though haha

Plenty of room if you hit right at the pin! Haha it does look tight from the fairway.

There's probably a ton of room but from our view at the green, noooope. I saw maybe a 15yd wide fairway to work with.

True Blue 18 wasn't so bad. Just chunk it into the water just past the tee boxes and go from there. Right Ary? That was our strategy?

The 18th at Caledonia looks like there's no room anywhere to hit it. Great hole to watch though haha

I cant recall...didnt get to play it Saturday.....or Sunday :(

Thinking about this through the day and re watching some of the final day just reaffirms to me that this is the perfect venue.

Ugh..that hole. It looks like its about 50 yards to the water in every direction and green appears to be about 500 yards away...i don't care what you say Cookie...or what your GPS said...it was incorrect on that hole...lol

Caledonia is a tense frikken hole. That tee shot is awful and then of course the second shot is just as awful. It's tough on a normal day. Throw some pressure on it and that hole is brutal.

I might be in a small minority but I find True Blue to be even worse. Water all the way down the left side is a nightmare for anyone that draws the ball. Right is dead as you will be confronted by 100's of range balls so your ball is probably lost. Even if found you are now stuck with a shot out of sand with no room for error. Heck even if you find the fairway you are most likely on a very uneven lie that promotes a draw which will then lead to water. Brutal hole.

Caledonia is a tense frikken hole. That tee shot is awful and then of course the second shot is just as awful. It's tough on a normal day. Throw some pressure on it and that hole is brutal.

I might be in a small minority but I find True Blue to be even worse. Water all the way down the left side is a nightmare for anyone that draws the ball. Right is dead as you will be confronted by 100's of range balls so your ball is probably lost. Even if found you are now stuck with a shot out of sand with no room for error. Heck even if you find the fairway you are most likely on a very uneven lie that promotes a draw which will then lead to water. Brutal hole.

Sounds likes how it played for me on Sunday afternoon. :D

That was one of the few holes I liked a True Blue.

I can see myself as a camera/interviewer type person next year. You never know :D

I can see myself as a camera/interviewer type person next year. You never know :D

Lets do this OG!! Goal is to have 1 volunteer per hole

Lets do this OG!! Goal is to have 1 volunteer per hole

I would be seriously inclined, if a certain person made it to the MC :thumb: Just saying :D

Heck I would work it either way however it sure would be monumental. My playing days or over but I could drum up a cool Fagerty like person (with southern drawl) on the Mic :bananadance:

I would be seriously inclined, if a certain person made it to the MC :thumb: Just saying :D

Haha you know I would be in favor of that certain other person!

I have watched some of it JB but not all of it yet. From what I can tell so far its a amazing event. I think everyone goes crazy for this and would all love to be part of it.
I strongly suggest checking out the coverage from this year if you have any plans of wanting to be a part of it next year. The last 2 hours of coverage along with the 1st hour on the tee of day 1, show a great idea of what this event is about and what one could expect. The emotions at the end were something to behold and awesome that they were caught on camera.

Based on our thinking for 2014, if you want to be a part of it, I can strongly recommend checking out the coverage in full. Glad you like what you are seeing and we are excited to have some announcements lined up for this one along with many of our unique events.

That's awesome. These courses are fantastic and there isnt a better place for this event

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

There's probably a ton of room but from our view at the green, noooope. I saw maybe a 15yd wide fairway to work with.

True Blue 18 wasn't so bad. Just chunk it into the water just past the tee boxes and go from there. Right Ary? That was our strategy?

Yeah, Mward and I figured out that taking a foot-long divot on the tee at 18 at True Blue isn't the way to play the hole.

I'm the same way Chunky, put water down the left side of a hole and it puts a lot of fear into me. What you can't tell on video or in pictures is that the fairway slopes right-to-left towards the water, so you have to aim down the right side if you are playing a draw. Of course, you go too far right and you're in a huge waste bunker or on the driving range.

One other thing about both of those holes: depending on what tees you are playing, you may hit less than driver. Caledonia's 18th is definitely less than driver for me, and True Blue's 18th from the white tees was a fairway wood because driver could have gone through the end of the fairway into the water. Of course, it's hard to take a shorter club off of the tee when you know that on both shots, you have to go over water to hit the green.

Our games are so alike Ari beside clutchness you son of a gun

Fantastic event and fantastic location. I almost drove down to volunteer at the last minute this year but couldn't make it work. I'll get there one way or the other next year...to play or volunteer. I spend more time reading on here than typing, but that will be changing. Very pumped about this event and another congrats to JB and GG for putting it together and taking the next step with it (and to the others involved in the past events that have had so much to do with the evolution of the event)!

I have to wonder how many other venue's could handle this many people, (players, volunteers and assorted), and do it in such a grand fashion? I'd say THP is in the right place for now.

I have to wonder how many other venue's could handle this many people, (players, volunteers and assorted), and do it in such a grand fashion? I'd say THP is in the right place for now.

Lots can, but not to this degree of affordability when you look at the quality of everything you receive from these resorts.

What I would do with a green card and the true blue restaurant management job though, man.

Not as many as u would think thats for darn sure

Back