The Official 2009 NFL Thread

The saddest part is that Bruce Gradkowski is worse. We watched him up close and personal here in Tampa, and it was scary.

Just my 2 cents about that Pats-Colts ending. Let me preface this by saying that I do not like the Pats or Belichick. However I love the call to go for it. I would rather put the game in my future hall of fame QB to get 2 yards then punting it to their future hall of fame QB to march down the field with 2 minutes and a TO. This Pats defense isn't the same. There is no more Harrison, Bruschi, Seymour, Law, and Vrabel to name a few guys. I'm almost 100% positive, if Belchick was in this same situation a few years ago, then he would punt it.

I also find it hypocritical that most of these so-called professional analyst are crucifying the decision but where were they when GA Tech went for it on 4th and 1 in OT a couple weeks ago. They were down by 3 and at like the 2 yard line and failed on 4th down 4 other times in regulation. Also it put their season on the line because if they failed, then it would have hurt their chances to play in the ACC championship and getting a BCS bid. The difference between a BCS bid and a regular bowl that over half the teams play in is millions of dollars for a school.

Well they got the 1st down and then scored the winning TD. However I don't remember hearing the analyst condemning GA Tech's coach for going for the win instead of playing it safe.

Anyways kudos to Belichick for what in my opinion was the right call. I guess I'm just tired of watching Andy Reid and the Eagles trading FG's for TD's.

So the Bills fired Juron. Whos next? I think Cable might be in trouble. With Davis you really never know. Mangini could be in trouble. Zorn is as good as gone in DC. I was watching Sportscenter and they seem to think that if Dallas doesnt win atleast one playoff game that Phillips is probably gone too. I tend to agree. First they need to play A LOT better in December to even make the playoffs and if they get that far they need to win one a playoff game or hes done.

Next is Mangina, I mean Mangenius, I mean mangini.

:laughing: I dont like him either. Who comes in to a storied franchise and has the mural or painting of not only a Cleveland all time great but an NFL all time great of Jim Brown painted over? What a Mangina!

He'll be played by Kevin James when the movie comes out.

-JP

That's all I'm asking Santa for this year.

:laughing: I dont like him either. Who comes in to a storied franchise and has the mural or painting of not only a Cleveland all time great but an NFL all time great of Jim Brown painted over? What a Mangina!

The same man that fines a guy $1,700 for not putting a $3 bottle of water on his hotel tab.

That's all I'm asking Santa for this year.

The same man that fines a guy $1,700 for not putting a $3 bottle of water on his hotel tab.

I actually agreed with that one.

So the Bills fired Juron. Whos next? I think Cable might be in trouble. With Davis you really never know. Mangini could be in trouble. Zorn is as good as gone in DC. I was watching Sportscenter and they seem to think that if Dallas doesnt win atleast one playoff game that Phillips is probably gone too. I tend to agree. First they need to play A LOT better in December to even make the playoffs and if they get that far they need to win one a playoff game or hes done.

Phillips is a good defensive coordinator - unfortunately for them what the Cowboys need is a head coach. Sean Payton should have been given the job in Dallas and Tony Sporano is doing a great job in Miami with a lot less talent than the Cowboys have, both were in Dallas with Parcells and I believe that all Jones would have to do was give Bill the GM job in Dallas and they would have Payton, Sporano and Zimmer all three possibly still there as the three top coaches. This would have had the Cowboys winning playoff games already and I believe Payton would have had them in the Super Bowl in his 2nd or 3rd year as head coach. J Jones will never give up his job as GM and that is the biggest problem in Dallas right now.

Phillips is a good defensive coordinator - unfortunately for them what the Cowboys need is a head coach. Sean Payton should have been given the job in Dallas and Tony Sporano is doing a great job in Miami with a lot less talent than the Cowboys have, both were in Dallas with Parcells and I believe that all Jones would have to do was give Bill the GM job in Dallas and they would have Payton, Sporano and Zimmer all three possibly still there as the three top coaches. This would have had the Cowboys winning playoff games already and I believe Payton would have had them in the Super Bowl in his 2nd or 3rd year as head coach. J Jones will never give up his job as GM and that is the biggest problem in Dallas right now.

Preachin to choir man! Has to make Jerry upset to see all the coaches that came through Dallas out there doing good in other places. His ego is killing the Cowboys. I think its debatable whether Parcells was still great as a coach with Dallas but as an evaluator of talent he is one of the best. Theres no denying that he got Dallas where they are today. And thats ALMOST a good team. Not quite there yet. We just keep bleeding coaching talent.

Big Ben is the most overrated QB in the NFL by far. He holds the ball too long, makes too many mistakes, and takes way too many sacks. He just did it again and got picked off in teh RZ again. He is a proven winner, no question about it, but for a guy that has all day back there like he does, its a shame. They need to go back to running the ball.

Big Ben is the most overrated QB in the NFL by far.

Except maybe Tony Romo. Name 6 QB's not named Manning or Brady that are better than Big Ben (real QB's, not fantasy stat QB's). Or anyone not named Brady that has multiple rings. Better yet, name 5 or 6 that you would rather have on your team. He does hold on to the ball a little to long, but he also get out of trouble and makes a lot of plays when he does. Winning is the only thing that matters.

Anyone else think the NFL should implement the NCAA overtime procedure instead of sudden death?

I dont, but I know others that do. Defense gets paid to play also.

How about that, KC beats the Steelers. THey are very much in jeopardy of not making the playoffs and most of this falls on Big Ben. Bad mistakes again this game.

Wow, the Chiefs beat the Steelers.

I dont, but I know others that do. Defense gets paid to play also.

Defense is critical in NCAA OT. That's one thing I like about the NCAA OT. A team must execute on both sides of the ball to win. In contrast, in the NFL, if you've got 2 teams with crappy Ds, a coin flip decides the outcome.

Coincidentally, KC just won in OT.

That's funny that three posts within seconds of each other just said the Chiefs won.

How about that, KC beats the Steelers. THey are very much in jeopardy of not making the playoffs and most of this falls on Big Ben. Bad mistakes again this game.

Small's should be pleased with that performance by his KC Chiefs. Unfortunately my Skins choked in the last few minutes against the Cowboys. Not unexpected I guess. Actually surprised they held the Cowboys off the scoreboard that long.

Anyone else think the NFL should implement the NCAA overtime procedure instead of sudden death?

The only thing I would do would be to give each team one possession. Not like college though. I would do it as they normally do and if the team with the ball first scores, they kick off and the other team gets a possession. If they tie it, then it is sudden death. If the first team throws a pick 6, ball game. Each team had a possession. If you fumble the kickoff, that was your possession.

That is just what I would do. I don't see it changing, but that way makes the most sense to me.

That's funny that three posts within seconds of each other just said the Chiefs won.

And while I was working on mine to commend your Chiefs.

Does Calvin Johnson have the best nickname in the NFL "MegaTron"?

I didn't see a down of the game, but who would have thought that Browns-Lions would have been the most entertaining game of the day. It might have been a bore, but just keeping up with the score through the day was entertaining.

Does Calvin Johnson have the best nickname in the NFL "MegaTron"?

Definitely! Love that nickname! How about that game? You never see that call at the end of the game. But a crazy game still.

Back