2013 Solheim Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Can't believe they might tie this hole.

I'm really enjoying this, but I can't help but think a lot of great players are missing out just because they're not European or American. I wonder if they can do the Solheim Cup in say multiple rounds (like Davis Cup in tennis). There's enough worldwide depth for 4 teams at least, so have 2 semi-final matches and then the winners play for the Cup. The men have pretty much committed to the Ryder Cup/President's Cup split but I'd love to see the SC be a little more worldwide inclusive.

It's almost like the wayward Euro shot and delay froze us out. Definitely a momentum swing.

It's almost like the wayward Euro shot and delay froze us out. Definitely a momentum swing.

like the "power outage" at the superbowl. :wink:

Lexi and Michelle have scared the hole but haven't made anything. I was worried about them after watching the morning groups. Stacy hasn't played very well.

These fairways are 3x as wide as PGA events.

Why aren't they hitting cuts into that par 3?

USA can't putt.

tappin from my big as note2

Stacy Lewis is such a putz. Enough with the Tiger impressions.

Why they played her instead of Salas.. no idea

Yes. .scared putting

Wie has actually played pretty well this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stacy Lewis is still pissed about the ruling.

Wie has actually played pretty well this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
She is one of those players that I always pull for. I can't figure out why, she is a train wreck most of the time.

I want to know what the story is with the photographer during the Kerr/Wie interview!

I can relate to Lewis. .sorry bout it to.
So frustrated about your play you end up blaming everything but yourself. .I know its sad.

I'm really enjoying this, but I can't help but think a lot of great players are missing out just because they're not European or American. I wonder if they can do the Solheim Cup in say multiple rounds (like Davis Cup in tennis). There's enough worldwide depth for 4 teams at least, so have 2 semi-final matches and then the winners play for the Cup. The men have pretty much committed to the Ryder Cup/President's Cup split but I'd love to see the SC be a little more worldwide inclusive.

http://www.lpga.com/golf/tournaments/lpga/international-crown.aspx

These fairways are 3x as wide as PGA events.

Same fairways as the Senior PGA Championship a couple years ago!

Yea I read about that a while ago but it's different from what I'm saying. The Int. Crown looks fun but it isn't the Solheim Cup and never will be. It'll be a watered down competition because it'll be 8 teams of 4 in a single week. You're just not going to get that same level of passion as you would for the SC, which is why I'd like to see it expanded to be more inclusive. SC is young enough to break its own ground and not just be a carbon copy of the Ryder Cup. I'd love to see full teams of 12 all compete for the Cup.

I don't know much about Stacy Lewis (good or bad), but I think the way they handled that drop with Ciganda and the 25 minute delay for a ruling was an absolute travesty. I think a lot of golfers would be thrown off, and I think most would be upset about how it was handled. I think even if the US had won the hole it might have impacted the momentum and flow of the match. What a joke.

Back