The worst round of golf I have ever played...

solidkjames

Loves drowning golf balls
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8CGA
Today was probably the worst round of golf I have ever played. I couldn't hit the ball and when I did it was horrible. I mean truly embarrassing. Have any of you ever had a day where you just could not do anything right? The highlight of my round was a only 3 putted twice. Other than that I shot a 96 and was down right embarrassed to turn in my score.

Yep, it happens. Don't worry about it, it's just golf.

I mean seriously though if you would have seen me hitting the ball you would have thought I have never played the game before. I mean EVER! :banana:

Me too MO. It happens to all of us. Anybody that says it doesnt happen, is down right lying. I put up two rounds in the 90s over the last month. You will get it back.

I've been there many times. I usually just stop keeping score and try to find something good to focus on. I'm lucky - my two best golf friends will always offer some words of encouragement or laugh with me at what I refer to as "clown golf."

Been there numerous times. However for me, that would be a 110 or so. I'm usually satisfied with with low to mid 90's. I hope to get to the point where my terrible rounds are in the 90's.

Been there, done that, was awarded the T-shirt.

Been there, done that, was awarded the T-shirt.....and then burned it!

I had a round of 117 not too long ago. 6 hour round behind a 7-some. Frustrated beyond all sense of reason. I totally lost my composure and then I totally lost my swing. It was ugly, but as others have said, it is golf.

Been there, done that, was awarded the T-shirt.....and then burned it!

I had a round of 117 not too long ago. 6 hour round behind a 7-some. Frustrated beyond all sense of reason. I totally lost my composure and then I totally lost my swing. It was ugly, but as others have said, it is golf.

C-Tech - Why would you continue playing? Even I would have left.

as cwill said I hope to get to a golfing point where a "terrible round" is in the 90's don't sweat it solid k.

C-Tech - Why would you continue playing? Even I would have left.

Men's club tournament. I was playing with guys who were playing well, had a chance at the money, and wanted to finish their round. Also, just plain stubborn cussedness.

as cwill said I hope to get to a golfing point where a "terrible round" is in the 90's don't sweat it solid k.

It's all relative in golf. When you get to that point - you'll have a new threshold and so it goes. I played with my brother one day and he was in a foul mood by the time we finished. I shot well over a hundred and didn't care because I had a few very good shots. He was ranting about shooting a 76 because he had a couple very bad shots.

Oh man did I have the same thing happen to me on Saturday. I could not hit that stupid ball to save my life. My body was tired and I had no control over it. My swing was just totally falling apart. Golf is a game of patience; patience and swear words; patience, swear words and then a large vocabulary of swear words. And then there is that one shot. The one shot that reminds you why you play. Or, at least it does for me.

I played my worst round of golf this year this Saturday. Lord it was awful. I did nothing right. I had a 4 putt and hit 2 greens. Bad.

It's all relative in golf. When you get to that point - you'll have a new threshold and so it goes. I played with my brother one day and he was in a foul mood by the time we finished. I shot well over a hundred and didn't care because I had a few very good shots. He was ranting about shooting a 76 because he had a couple very bad shots.

Your'e right diane hey last year I broke 100 3 times, this year it was 12 so I'm getting to that new threshold, the last time out for the year (11/8) I was remarking to my girlfriend about how I get annoyed when I get a 7 on a hole maybe next year I'll be upset when I have a 6 on a hole (not really) LOL.

I mean seriously though if you would have seen me hitting the ball you would have thought I have never played the game before. I mean EVER! :banana:

Definitely been there. Worst one in memory was in the Club Championship in 1991. 72 holes, stroke play. 10 handicap. 1st round. Took a 12 on the par 5 6th hole, and a 10 on the par 4 7th. Count 'em.... that's 13 over on 2 holes, and I was already 3 over getting to the 6th tee. I shot 104 that day (22 over my handicap), but I played myself out of the tournament in the first 7 holes.

2nd round shot 88 - still not too good. The next weekend in rounds 3 and 4 I shot 74-78, but by then it was only enough to salvage a little pride.

I too have been there, and done that. Problem is no matter how poorly a person plays, eventually that person will play even worse than their last poor round.

Back