The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My better half and I had Thanksgiving with BigLefty, his wife and their family. We had a great time. I went home with a nice glow of companionship, but I had to waddle I was so full. Hope everyone had as good a day as we did.

My better half and I had Thanksgiving with BigLefty, his wife and their family. We had a great time. I went home with a nice glow of companionship, but I had to waddle I was so full. Hope everyone had as good a day as we did.

Good deal C-Tech, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Liz and I are at her mom's with other family. I'm already thinking about left overs, hehe

I'm pleased to report that I can still fit into my skinniest jeans today.

I love my Grandma. She can't remember what happened yesterday or last week but you ask her about something that happened 50+ years ago and she can tell you what she was wearing, what song was playing on the radio, what day of the week it was and all kinds of other details. She is giving me all kinds of pictures of my family from a long time ago. I've got pictures of my Great Grandfather when he was a little boy.

That's great Bogey. You should write down her memories to share with the next generation or they will be forgotten.

Nice, unexpected treat today. I got an invitation to play La Paloma, a really nice private club. When I showed up, the guy in the pro shop said it was "all taken care of". Turns out my benefactor is a member with a lot of free rounds he needs to use up by year-end. He covered the whole thing with some of his freebies. He even insisted on buying our lunch. What a nice surprise.

Wow - that is really nice C-Tech. I love hearing things like this.

I love my Grandma. She can't remember what happened yesterday or last week but you ask her about something that happened 50+ years ago and she can tell you what she was wearing, what song was playing on the radio, what day of the week it was and all kinds of other details. She is giving me all kinds of pictures of my family from a long time ago. I've got pictures of my Great Grandfather when he was a little boy.

That's great Bogey. You should write down her memories to share with the next generation or they will be forgotten.

Years ago, my cousin recorded interviews with both my grandparents. Grandma was pretty domineering (no surrpise, huh?) and kept interrupting/correcting Grandpa when he was telling stories about his boyhood, long before they'd even met. Years after they both died, it was kinda neat to hear them bickering again.

One of my friends has a party the day after Thanksgiving every year. I know everyone there from childhood. Last night I realized that everyone is connected in some way through golf. Either our parents belong to the same club, I played golf with them as a kid or my brother plays with them now.

My father didn't change my swing, but he adjusted my stance and it made a huge difference at the range. Now, we'll see what happens on the course tomorrow. I'm very excited.

My father didn't change my swing, but he adjusted my stance and it made a huge difference at the range. Now, we'll see what happens on the course tomorrow. I'm very excited.

Cool!

I just re-read Kellie Stenzel's A Woman's Guide to Consistent Golf. Don't let the title fool you. I want a version with a spiral binding and laminated pages, so I can just take it with me when I practice. Great drills and suggestions.

Cool!

I just re-read Kellie Stenzel's A Woman's Guide to Consistent Golf. Don't let the title fool you. I want a version with a spiral binding and laminated pages, so I can just take it with me when I practice. Great drills and suggestions.

I'm not good with things like that. I need for someone to move my hands, etc. into the correct position. Then I can do it, but books and videos throw me off.

I'm not good with things like that. I need for someone to move my hands, etc. into the correct position. Then I can do it, but books and videos throw me off.

Then you're lucky to have your father and your brother there.

Then you're lucky to have your father and your brother there.

Definitely and another good friend who has helped me with putting. I keep saying that I'll eventually be a good golfer. I have faith.

I keep saying that I'll eventually be a good golfer. I have faith.

You need to bear down, Cupcake. Anyone that loves the game as much as you seem to, deserves to play well. It seems you play a lot of golf, do you practice often? Therein lies the key. I know most people don't have the time to practice, but even an hour or two at the range hitting nothing but different kinds of wedge shots, chips, pitches, flops, etc., will drop a number of shots in no time. That kind of messing around not only improves your game in general, but improves the long game by improving your feel. You'll get much more comfortable just holding a golf club in your hands. I watched that happen with both Mrs. Esox and Jr. Lancer this last year. It was an interesting year watching the two of them progress at different rates and in different ways. There was lot of two steps forward and one step back, and in the former's case, sometimes more than one step back.

One got really comfortable with wedges in her hand, and one did not. One practiced that a lot, the other always worried about her stance and swing. The gears were always turning in the Wife's head, and that held her back. She's just not comfortable or loose enough with a golf club in her hands.

You seem like a pretty straightforward kind of person. If you put your mind to it and worked, I bet you could be a hell of a player.

Spoiler
If I'm way out of line or missing completely what you want out of the game, my apologies.

Kevin

No Kevin - You're not out of line. My family keeps telling me I have the potential. When I do it correctly - I do it well. Yes, I do need to practice more - I'm a bit lazy about that and I do need to get out of my head.

I made chocolate chip cookies, but used M&M's in place of the chips. I've never made them before, but they are yummy.

The cookies with M&M's are good, but I like the chocolate chips better.

Would they technically be classified as a " chocolate chip cookie" if you use m & ms? Seems to me it would be more of a cookie with m & m's in it.

The cookies with M&M's are good, but I like the chocolate chips better.

I think you're right, but wanted to try these. Do you bake Smallie?

I bake cookies, but not homemade.

Starting next weekend - I'll start making Christmas cookies. I used to do them all at once, but I've learned to space them out through the month now.

Our dog just jumped on the coach and snuggled against my leg. He doesn't do that too often. He generally likes the dames around this joint better than me.

Kevin

Our dog just jumped on the coach and snuggled against my leg. He doesn't do that too often. He generally likes the dames around this joint better than me.

Kevin

I think most dogs like women better. I think it's because we smell better and have more soothing voices. We also rub their bellies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back