Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raining here so it's going to be a round of Wii Golf. The good news is that I can win at that.

Raining here so it's going to be a round of Wii Golf. The good news is that I can win at that.

You have a Wii?

I'm at my parent's house - they do. Wii and Wii Fit. I won the golf and bowling and lost in tennis.

Your parents are gamers?!?!?

Your parents are gamers?!?!?

My parents used to winter in FL, but health concerns have kept them in CT the past few years. Using the Wii allows them to keep active, especially the Wii Fit.

Going to be mid-upper 40's tomorrow. I have a tee time at a course never played before.

By anyone? So you'll be the first?

Was trying to save wear & tear on my keyboard by not having to spell out every minute detail, such "I have never played this course". Next time I will know better now & will be sure to post at least a full paragraph just for you.

Was trying to save wear & tear on my keyboard by not having to spell out every minute detail, such "I have never played this course". Next time I will know better now & will be sure to post at least a full paragraph just for you.

:rofl: Yeah, that extra "I" would have done the keyboard in. Dyna - don't get cranky. :flowers4u:

60 and sunny, with calm winds. Perfect golfing day in NE.

Good golfing weather in MS, mid fifties to sixty. Then again, who cares, I am off the whole month of December. :alien2:

Hit 52º which for the end of Nov is freaky. had over 75 people out on the course & it got quite backed up on the 11th hole.

It's going to be 70* today while I'm at work and 42* on Sunday while I'm playing golf. What is wrong with this picture?

It's going to be 70* today while I'm at work and 42* on Sunday while I'm playing golf. What is wrong with this picture?

Well, it's pretty soggy out there now.

Still bright and sunny here, but only a matter of time now.

I meant after last night's storm. Really windy, too.

It hit 66 in the Boston area today (Dec 3), but the course was very soggy and the wind was howling...I'll take it!

It might have hit 30° here today.

It is supposed to be a bit of weird weather here in North Alabama this weekend, snow starting sometime tomorrow night and last until mid Saturday morning. Of course it does not stay around but a few hours but creates enough havoc on the roads from all the fools that do not know how to drive in winter weather. Sunday is just cold all day. So I guess golf is out this weekend.

I can't really complain since I live in southern California. BUT, its supposed to rain all week starting Sunday :(

Its not really fun to play the course after its been raining, it does get quite muddy on your shoes, the bottoms of your pants, clubs, etc.

I have no problem with getting dirty. It's much more fun that way. I have learned to wear darker colors on those days.

Spoiler

Oh and no golf skirts in the mud.

Grey and rainy since yesterday. Was planning on attending a Demo Day that had Adams, Callaway, Rife , Mizuno, and Power Bilt all attending today, but it's a complete rain-out with this weather. :angry:

Would have been the first time I've had a chance to hit Mizuno & Power Bilt at a range. :at-wits-end:

Right now it's sunny, 43 degrees and windy. Too cold for golf.

Well, now that was an interesting round of golf...

Well, now that was an interesting round of golf...

To reward myself for finishing and submitting the work due on an online class (never mind that it was the last day of the class... after a three-month extension... Hey, I think I have an idea for a new poll, but I think I'll do it later... :smile-big: ) I thought I'd go out and play a quick 9 holes.

After finding a course that was actually open, I tee it up! Or, not really. Since the temp was 36, the ground right under the grass was pretty frozen solid. I had to switch to a shorter tee I (luckily) had in the bag. It probably only went in about 1/4 inch or so, but it was enough to hold the ball up.

My first drive went fairly straight and I think it ended up on the fairway, but I never found it since it found the only large patch of snow on the course. I'm actually not sure if it's in that snow, or it bounced off somewhere.

And speaking of bounces, when the ground is frozen, it's pretty amazing the kinds of bounces the ball takes! I've never seen anything like it. Put any kind of decent spin on the ball, and off it bounces in that direction (or so it seemed). I hit one a little off that I thought was safe, but NOOoooo... about a 45-60 degree detour into the water. Even if it had done that first bounce on a warmer day, it still wouldn't have taken all the extra bounces needed to find the ice rink, errr... pond. On the other hand, my drives sure kept going.

Heck, it was amusing just to drop some golf balls on the greens to hear the click they made. :smile:

But all-in-all, just a fun time. Only two other golfers out there that I could see. And I didn't even need my really-cold weather gear. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back