Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get a chance to swing the i20? I walked in wanting the g20 but walked out with the i20 lol.

No I didn't. Not a great driver of the ball so I've always leaned towards more forgiving heads

Your launch angle is pretty low with both

Yeah. I was hitting the G20 9.5* with Tour stiff and the G25 9.5* stock stiff. Goimg to 10.5* will help.

No I didn't. Not a great driver of the ball so I've always leaned towards more forgiving heads

Yeah. I was hitting the G20 9.5* with Tour stiff and the G25 9.5* stock stiff. Goimg to 10.5* will help.

Should be pretty much perfect then.

At the range tonight I was working with someone with a Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme head. He was struggling with ball flight so I adjusted the head closed (based on their system) and he started piping it down the middle. His numbers were near perfect. He turns to me and says it looks to closed and goes back to neutral which proceeds to give him issues. I explain that the standard setup of the driver is not neutral and what he is seeing is actually borderline neutral when we adjusted it to closed. He wanted none of it and said "I dont need offset, Im better than that". He did not mean it in a condescending way, despite how it sounded so I explained that offset was no different than onset in the form of a crutch used to get golfers square at impact. His response was "But better golfers use onset". At that point I just did not have the patience or the care to explain any longer. I mean if someone wants to choose vanity over ball flight, all the power to them. FWIW, the dude was flat out killing his driver when it was set properly.

At the range tonight I was working with someone with a Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme head. He was struggling with ball flight so I adjusted the head closed (based on their system) and he started piping it down the middle. His numbers were near perfect. He turns to me and says it looks to closed and goes back to neutral which proceeds to give him issues. I explain that the standard setup of the driver is not neutral and what he is seeing is actually borderline neutral when we adjusted it to closed. He wanted none of it and said "I dont need offset, Im better than that". He did not mean it in a condescending way, despite how it sounded so I explained that offset was no different than onset in the form of a crutch used to get golfers square at impact. His response was "But better golfers use onset". At that point I just did not have the patience or the care to explain any longer. I mean if someone wants to choose vanity over ball flight, all the power to them. FWIW, the dude was flat out killing his driver when it was set properly.

Putting aside the ego is one of the best things you can do for golf. This guys logic makes no sense to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The LM will be in Vegas right? I would love to really get dialed in with the AMP Cell.

Were the weights set up to encourage a draw? Just curious.

Wow that's prideful, but I guess I can be the same way. It's the same thing as not using enough club or trying to use too stiff of a shaft, both of which I am guilty of. 90% off golf really is played in the mind, and that's not just during your round. It's the mental preparation, the proper equipment etc. Real eye-opener. Thanks JB.

Why are you always telling stories about me.

Actually have mine closed now.

Were the weights set up to encourage a draw? Just curious.

No. They were not. He actually had the same weight in both heel and toe. First time I had seen that.

This is EXTREMELY interesting to me. Not the vanity stuff, but the appearance of the club face at address. I play a 910 d2. When I set the club in a more closed position according to the settings, I play MUCH more consistently, but it took a little getting used to. I kept wanting to open the face.

All of this was brought home while reading Manlai's initial write up on the Opti Force. Those pics with the pencil that illustrate face angle just sort of made things click. While I have to be mindful to not over do it, I know the club face is in a good position if it appears to me to be a little shut. Does that make sense?

Finally, I don't care if it looks like a leprechaun sitting on a pot-o-gold. If it helps me hit it straighter more consistently, Im gonna go with it.

J.

No. They were not. He actually had the same weight in both heel and toe. First time I had seen that.

Hmmm, that's pretty weird. Did he ask for your help or was it just something you volunteered?

For what its worth, I hate the look of a closed face, the rfe doesn't look closed to me when set to closed.

As soon as nobody was around he probably cranked it back to the 'closed' setting and resumed piping balls down the range. On a similar note I play with a few guys who can't get the ball higher than 15' off the ground and play an 8.5* driver. They insist that the 8.5 will always be longer than a 10.5 and my arguments have fallen on deaf ears.

On a similar note I play with a few guys who can't get the ball higher than 15' off the ground and play an 8.5* driver. They insist that the 8.5 will always be longer than a 10.5 and my arguments have fallen on deaf ears.

I used to be that guy, like 7 years ago I finally found my first 8.0 degree driver, a knockoff PING. I used to think I hit too high, and wanted more roll. Funny though. I hit the ball way higher now than I ever did before, I gladly play my 910D2 at 12 degree. Higher, farther, straighter.

If someone gave me advice that were to show me immediate results, I would be all over it. Use a pink ball, a senior shaft, hit left handed.... anything to be more consistent.

Taylormade is really making me mad. first, they take a month to replace my snapped driver shaft, then they give my dad problems about ordering a set of irons, now the adaptor in my R1 broke.

Taylormade is really making me mad. first, they take a month to replace my snapped driver shaft, then they give my dad problems about ordering a set of irons, now the adaptor in my R1 broke.
Awesome ponder?

didn't Tmag give you a free $400 shaft when yours broke in your 3 year old driver? Abd your complaining?

What color r1 did u have?

Anyone have a Seemore lying around that I can take a crack at? I am thinking I did not give it enough of the ole college try last time :) Send requests for payment to dlopresti@gmail.com

Dont take this the wrong way Jack but the adapter on the free R1 with a free $400 shaft broke. Take a second to think about that. I would say you are ahead of the game. I understand being frustrated but its not TM's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back