JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is a day that will most likely not be a good one for me. We are a house divided as I am a FSU person and GG is a UF person. It does not happen very often that both of these teams are really good at the same time. FSU was the team of the 90s for the most part and UF is the team of the recent past and present.

I give her all the carp she can handle during the year of jorts, etc...and this is her chance to give it all back. FSU matches up well with them on defense because of speed, but will almost definitely get blown out again this year.

She deserves this moment of glory with all she puts up with from me over the year. But it will be a house divided yet again during that game.

I was hoping that Auburn would beat Alabama, and then 'bama would beat Florida, just to see the resulting BCS chaos. But I'll take a UF loss to FSU followed by a 'bama loss to UF.

• Admin
You are right Harry and I thought we were going to have it yesterday. But I still contend that a 1 loss Big 12 champ and a 1 loss SEC champ this year would make it to the game. Far harder schedules in most cases just plain old more talent.

You are right Harry and I thought we were going to have it yesterday. But I still contend that a 1 loss Big 12 champ and a 1 loss SEC champ this year would make it to the game. Far harder schedules in most cases just plain old more talent.

I agree, but with all the undefeated teams this year, I don't think the polls would keep a one loss team at the top - even if that means a couple of mid-major schools get the #1 and #2 spots. Maybe if the losses were early in the season, but not this late. But I guess we will find out for sure after the Florida/Bama game. (When we find out how far the losing team drops in the polls.)

I agree, but with all the undefeated teams this year, I don't think the polls would keep a one loss team at the top - even if that means a couple of mid-major schools get the #1 and #2 spots. Maybe if the losses were early in the season, but not this late. But I guess we will find out for sure after the Florida/Bama game. (When we find out how far the losing team drops in the polls.)

If Florida lost to FSU :angry: and beats Alabama in the SEC championship I still think it would be Florida in the BCS Championship... and a lot more screaming about how messed up the BCS is.

I can't imagine a 1-loss SEC Champion being locked out of the BCS title game. But if Texas drops the Big 12 title game so we can see Alabama or Florida vs. TCU.

I was hoping that Auburn would beat Alabama, and then 'bama would beat Florida, just to see the resulting BCS chaos. But I'll take a UF loss to FSU followed by a 'bama loss to UF.

AHEM.....

Ya know, if you fellows would apply this brain power and strategy to something useful, you could run the world.

Nah--you focus on this and leave the world to me. :arrogant:

You know what I want to see..... :bashful:

Almost gave it away yesterday....but I would like to see FL ST beat UF just because I am tired of hearing about FL..lol...but I am biased...

Ya know, if you fellows would apply this brain power and strategy to something useful, you could run the world.

Nah--you focus on this and leave the world to me. :arrogant:

That must explain a lot about the world.

Back