The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
stupid stupid kids, and the world we live in.

My daughter calls me today from the bus stop for the first day of 2nd grade, excited about the day.

My wife calls me 5 minutes later in tears, I guess she is on a bus with kids up to 5th grade and she said it looked like no one wanted to let her sit down.

She is such a kind hearted little girl, this absolutely breaks my heart and Im 4 hours away and cant do a thing, so freaking helpless. Not the way to start the school year.

Thats terrible Mike. This is the part I am not looking forward to when my kid gets older. Kids are such mean little a-holes.

My daughter calls me today from the bus stop for the first day of 2nd grade, excited about the day.

My wife calls me 5 minutes later in tears, I guess she is on a bus with kids up to 5th grade and she said it looked like no one wanted to let her sit down.

She is such a kind hearted little girl, this absolutely breaks my heart and Im 4 hours away and cant do a thing, so freaking helpless. Not the way to start the school year.

That's absolutely freaking brutal dude. Is this the Lakota system?

That is rough. GG and I just had this conversation the other day about kids. And certain people we know that have them and have no business raising someone with their lack of anything relating to honesty and ethics. Hopefully its just first day jitters and she settles in.

That is rough. GG and I just had this conversation the other day about kids. And certain people we know that have them and have no business raising someone with their lack of anything relating to honesty and ethics. Hopefully its just first day jitters and she settles in.

Thats the toughest part, you can raise your kid to be the best person you possibly can but you cant control these other little monsters. Parenting is a lost art sadly. Not even parenting, just being responsible for your child and their actions falls by the way side.

I say we take a road trip and wreck some little kids. I'll tell the bus driver that I'm the biggest 5th grader ever

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Thats terrible Mike. This is the part I am not looking forward to when my kid gets older. Kids are such mean little a-holes.

Its a shame, it really is, I want to send her to a private school in the worst way, but financially its insane

That's absolutely freaking brutal dude. Is this the Lakota system?

No its Edgewood, way smaller than Lakota, I thik a huge part of it is the location we live. Time has revealed a lack of "quality" people in the town, and obviously they are passing that down to their kids.

I think Laura will just need to take her to school from here on out. The only freaking problems she has ever had is with the stupid bus rides.

I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I will pray for protection, and peace for your daughter. There's nothing to worry about.

Thats the toughest part, you can raise your kid to be the best person you possibly can but you cant control these other little monsters. Parenting is a lost art sadly. Not even parenting, just being responsible for your child and their actions falls by the way side.

Truly one of my biggest fears... Leaving any potential children to face the douchery that envelopes this world.

Also, not coming to their rescue and punching a little 10 year old bully in his little face.

Hey Mike....You know where this wouldnt happen?
Right next to Big Olafs....Just saying.

No its Edgewood, way smaller than Lakota, I thik a huge part of it is the location we live. Time has revealed a lack of "quality" people in the town, and obviously they are passing that down to their kids.

Yep... I can see that... Kids have their buddies and they don't care who else comes along. I've been there, and 'enjoyed' those rides in 'sort-of-rural' America.

#$%ing little turds. Let me know if you need me to do anything (minus what I noted earlier.. Not comfortable fighting a child hahaha)

I say we take a road trip and wreck some little kids. I'll tell the bus driver that I'm the biggest 5th grader ever

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

No doubt bro!

Hey Mike....You know where this wouldnt happen?
Right next to Big Olafs....Just saying.

LOL...a true win/win

LOL...a true win/win

See what you have there is a public school that is tremendous. Although they do stink at sports. That should tell you that academics are king...Plus they can walk to Big Olafs.

Yep... I can see that... Kids have their buddies and they don't care who else comes along. I've been there, and 'enjoyed' those rides in 'sort-of-rural' America.

#$%ing little turds. Let me know if you need me to do anything (minus what I noted earlier.. Not comfortable fighting a child hahaha)

False....

077D47EF-DA4D-42E3-8515-986A26B40459-316-00000014C6D4CC07_zps91b2ea16.jpg

Oh no! Effing desktop just crashed! the forum is tough to nav on a Nexus 7!

Take your time and see how things pan out. I almost walked away from my career job because "things weren't working out". It would have been a huge mistake. I stayed with the system, got a promotion, became less frustrated and life was good. Give it a year to see if you still feel the same at the end of the cycle. You never know however if you still need to change paths, you will have less regret than you would if you had made a hasty decision.

OG, I appreciate the thoughts dude. Sadly, in the education system there is nowhere to move up or be promoted to, only new criteria and "ideas" that are truly killing a teachers ability to TRULY teach. I'm seven years in now and its something new every single year, we choose to make things SO much more complicated than they need to be in our country nowadays. Education does not need to be complicated and that is what kills me. We are a testing society now and that is NOT the molding of minds to be future leaders in our country. It has truly crushed my spirits and enthusiasm for practically everything.

When you are feeling sad, just think about Mike Hunt. Mike Hunt has been known to bring smiles to faces all across the world.

GG always knows how to make me crack up laughing. Silly Mike Hunt.

Hang in there brother... We have AWESOME stuff on the horizon, and your THP boys are ALWAYS here if you need them. Count on it.

I'm trying. The fact is, THP is what does keep me from just going completely insane. Its my outlet and what I consider to be my true, real job.

Little kids are punks man! Something I worry about with my 8yo son, but I have seen him handle a few situations well now (he was in a really rough school 2 years ago) and it also helps that he is one of the biggest kids in class, so al though he is kind and thoughtful, the smaller kids usually don't want to chance it. The best thing you can do is teach them to be respectful of others and kind, but not a pushover. I'm sure your daughter will be fine

Students aren't the problem. The system is.

Going into grad school, I desperately wanted to be a teacher. I was good at it and the kids loved me. Seeing all the crap that goes on in public schools (administrative side) drove me away. I applied for a few jobs, but it was such a pain hearing about all the hoops you had to jump through to just get through the year. Luckily I had another opportunity in a technology field that pays almost as much as a teacher with little to no stress and lots of opportunities to move up. I feel for ya, bud. I know it's not an easy field. A lot of my friends in the teaching profession are constantly looking for other jobs.

Sorry to hear that Mike. Just put our 10yo on the bus for the first time in a new district yesterday and I was worried about something like this. I'm sure I was more worried than he was, though.

Kids are smarter than we think, and I'm sure she'll figure it out in no time.

Our <2 year old Trane A/C sprung a leak in the coil the other week (hottest time of year in sofla) - of course labor is not included in warranty (strike one); trane markets their new coils not to leak (strike two), 5 days to get the replacement (strike three).

A/C company randomly shows up this morning to replace it - oh wait - no can do since my wife is in the cali office this week and if something went down again I'd be stuck in non-a/c with a baby and a 3 y/o. I guess this is 3rd time this month their front office has scheduled work without notifying the customer about it. Poor guys - so next wednesday it is. At least they topped the system off again at no charge. (still looking at a $500 hit when all said and done - poor guys have to replace it in the attic though)

#BEAGS4HIRE

I am not scared of driving up and rolling some 5th grade fools

#BEAGS4HIRE

I am not scared of driving up and rolling some 5th grade fools

I thought you refused to go back to OH? You should roll some 5th graders in October.

I thought you refused to go back to OH? You should roll some 5th graders in October.
I have stipulations for my return. One of those is to help a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back