Versa vs Scotty Cameron Newport

ghostbeezy

Just happy to participate
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I currently have a Scotty Cameron newport, and I feel like I have a very upscale, very well made putter. It feels like that whole idea (and it is) was designed for the flatstick.

Rocking all callaway makes me think I should be trying a VERSA seeing as how many people love the versa brand, does anyone have a COMPELLING reason for me to get rid of a cameron??

Getting rid of the camron will make you lose your big ego of having a $$$ putter.

Two completely different putters. One will have an insert and one will be straight metal. It will come down to personal preference and which one gives you the ability to align better.

No I don't. Buy both. Can never have too many putters.

See, I love the straight milled metal feeling. I seem like, and feels a more solid hit when it follows through. I don't know if that at all sounds logical, but I love the feel of the milled metal, and I feel like it has more touch and feedback, than an insert.

Hawk: I've been thinking of doing this for a while. having two putters. Versa with a Super sized grip.

If you're looking to go all in with Callaway you could look at their milled putters I suppose. They make more than inserts.

My friend was between the two and found the Versa to be much better. That's just him though.

Yea if you feel like you have to complete the bag there are more options than just the Versa. As the previous poster mentioned go for the Protype.

Whatever feels and works best for you. A SC is a pretty high end putter and won't "tarnish" any bag. I t Hinkle it's pretty rare aside from pro tours, to see only one brand in a bag. Even sponsored pros often have non matching putters. A putter is probably the most individual club in the bag, and probably the most used per round. Play what floats your boat.

If the Cameron has a deep milled face, it will have similar feel to an insert putter. The good news is that you can sell your Cameron, use that money to buy a Versa, and still have money left over for a nice dinner.

No I don't. Buy both. Can never have too many putters.

Absolutely not. Putters are like starting QBs. If you have two, then you don't have any.

Total preference choice on the SC/Versa discussion. I've never meshed well with the SCs (mostly because they don't have many face balanced offerings), and I really like the alignment qualities and feel of the Versa.

You are far from the renaissance man I pegged you as. More = better.

I recently switched from a SC Studio Select Newport 2 to a Versa #7. Love the feel of the insert and the mallet style helps me go straight back and straight thru and not push as many putts

Back