What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 slope holy crap....do you see a huge change in the difficulty level when u push it back like that?

Some but not too bad, some holes are actually easier, quiet a few are more difficult, more irons, fewer wedges. There is one 225 par 3 but it is tough from the blues too. The blue tees I usually play are 133. It is a good day for me when I break 80 from the back (golds.) It comes down to putting though, putted poorly today, last week on the golds was a 79.

Shot 42 on 9 holes of a par 3 near me this evening. Had I not shot an 8 on one hole I would have felt a bit better about the round. I've got a long way to go but improving little by little. Trying to get a lot of par 3 practice in before I hit the course.

I played in the first round of my league playoffs tonight. Boy did I start out good with a triple on the first and a double on the third. But I parred the last five holes for a 42. I made a 7 ft. par putt on the last hole to win. With the way I started I did not think I had a chance to win, but I stuck with it and I got hot and he cooled off. It's on to the next round next week!

78 today. Second best round ever, coming off of my personal best just yesterday of 76. Unfortunately I bogeyed the last three holes to barely miss beating that personal best. Still, not a horrid round. I know what I did wrong and grinded it out.

37/43 80... +2 on front then a couple blow up holes on the back (+7).... can't seem to put a good front & back together the last few rounds. Last 3 rounds front & back, +2/+7, +2/+16, +4/+11. Golf is hard!!! :D

I played 36 today shot 42/43=85 from the member's tees and then 41/39=80 from the Senior tees.

78 today, 41/37 with two birdies, 6 bogeys, and a double

I shot an 82 today, which im quite happy about considering I only hit 3 fairways off the tee and 1 green on a par 3. Even ended up with 3 birdies 2 being in a row on my 6 hole stretch that normally ruins my card. So my scrambling helped me a lot today.

I haven't played much lately but got out for 12 holes last night before dark. Shot a sloppy 41 on the front 9 and then the 3 additional holes we got in were mainly spent trying to find a swing. I did manage to finish with a couple really good drives but man it was a struggle last night.

Driving range time on the radar over lunch hour today for sure! Gotta get it back in sync before it gets too far out of whack.

44-39 for 83 on a par 71. Went out with no warmup whatsoever at the start and struggled with my short game and putting. Both of those came around a little bit on the back nine. This course didn't call for many drivers, but I still had 2 holes with penalty shots off of the tee with that club which was annoying. Making birdie on the #1 handicap hole on the course was the high point; it didn't hurt that the hole was playing downwind and I got to hit 9 iron in for my approach shot. Making a 10 footer for par to get up and down on 18 was fun too.

39/45=84, 71.4% FW and this is what killed me 11.1% GIRs used 32 putts with one 3 putt. My short game abandoned me on the back side and then I lost confidence in all of my shots. Played with a good friend though so it was still a good day.

2 Rounds this past weekend from the City Championship
Day 1: 75 (37/38) +5 (Tied for 4th after day 1. 3 at T1 with 74's)
FW: 4 (Out of 14 FW's possible, only 3 teeshots were unacceptable)
GIR: 11
PUTTS: 33 (1 3jack)
1 Birdie, 1 Double

Day 2: 76 (37/39) +4 (2 day total 151 win by 1 shot. The 3 74's shot 85, 85 & 86 on Day 2.)
FW: 6 (6 of my 8 missed FW's were unacceptable. Very poor day off the teebox)
GIR: 12
PUTTS: 31 (No 3jacks)
3 Birdies, 1 Double, 1 Triple

Mostly happy with fullswing irons both days.
Driver making "odd" noises on day 2. Will be talking to my club guy this week..Probably be a separate thread on that.

47/42 for an 89 at The Judge course at Capitol Hill on the Robert Trent Jones Alabama Golf Trail. From 6550 yards. Had a tough time on the greens. Tremendous slopes with lots of subtle breaks. Would love to get on this course again sometime.

47/42 for an 89 at The Judge course at Capitol Hill on the Robert Trent Jones Alabama Golf Trail. From 6550 yards. Had a tough time on the greens. Tremendous slopes with lots of subtle breaks. Would love to get on this course again sometime.

I have only played it once myself, it is a great track. Not a bad score from that distance Barry.

36/35 for -1, 71. Finally able to get out and play more often. Practice sure does help!

I have only played it once myself, it is a great track. Not a bad score from that distance Barry.

Struggled on the Bermuda greens. The downhill downgrain putts would just go forever, and the uphill upgrain putts were very slow. The greenskeeper was ticked about something too, about 6 holes were cut right on slopes.

Putt a picture of the first hole in the pictures thread. Beautiful course.

5 over 40 on back 9, combined with 44 on front yesterday posts a PB 12.6 HCP diff and ties overall PB which was from white tees. Playing blues lately though. Games coming along nice just in time for prime Florida golf season starting in a month or so. Going for 80 this year.

Got back on track tonight, but left a few strokes out there.

-1 35 with two birds, a bogey, and six pars. Still too many balls just hanging on the edge, reading putts slightly off. Hard to get mad at that score though.

5 over 40 on back 9, combined with 44 on front yesterday posts a PB 12.6 HCP diff and ties overall PB which was from white tees. Playing blues lately though. Games coming along nice just in time for prime Florida golf season starting in a month or so. Going for 80 this year.

Congrats on the PBs. Nice going.

WTG!!!!

Shot a 74, which included a 4 putt bogey on the par 5 ninth hole :(. Iron play was great today, driving pretty good, but putted terrible. Just have no sense of the speed of my greens. Had a half dozen lip outs, and 4 come up less than a ball rotation short.

Shot a 79 today on a hot slow round. I was 1 over after 12 holes playing by myself stuck behind a group of 4 that wouldn't let me play through with 3 holes open in front of them. Unfortunately the heat and standing around got the best of me and I shot 6 over on the last 6 holes.

Better luck Saturday I hope.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was having a great round today. Two birds and two bogies on the front then started the back with birdies on 10 and 11 then a sick storm blew in and the clouds over us started swirling real quick we all pretty much dropped the round in the spot and high tailed back

I was having a great round today. Two birds and two bogies on the front then started the back with birdies on 10 and 11 then a sick storm blew in and the clouds over us started swirling real quick we all pretty much dropped the round in the spot and high tailed back
Some people would put that in as best score of -2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back