I Believe I May Have Create a Monster

Acuna

Reaction score
Handicap
long irons
I started playing golf back in May and have really enjoyed the game; I am thoroughly addicted. This past Sunday was my anniversary, and my wife suggested that I get her a putter (we have been talking about golf being something that we can do together). She has never played other than putt-putt as a child. We go to Golfsmith and she finds a used putter and starts drilling putts up to seven or eight feet away. She doesn't want to quit, she's having a blast, I am wrangling a four year old and a six month old, but enjoying seeing her get excited. She decides she also wants a sand wedge. The next day we are going for our walk on the course with the kids (it's closed on Monday) and she wants to bring both clubs so she can pitch and putt around the greens we pass. I show her a few basic things and she actually does pretty well. Little 40 yard sand shots that are straight and in the air. She is happy and tells me she is having fun. Today she tells me that she has made arrangements to borrow a set of clubs and that instead of going to dinner this coming Friday to celebrate our anniversary, she wants to get a tee time for us to play nine holes and then go to a low key dinner. Tee time has been booked.

She is freaking hooked (Like I knew she would be, she is very competitive by nature).

I'll report back on how the round goes on Friday.

Congrats! Only problem you have now is that your golf budget just doubled!

Congrats! Only problem you have now is that your golf budget just doubled!

Yes, yes it did. Good thing I get unlimited rounds at the home course!

Congrats Acuna, I wish I could get my wife interested in golf.

I hope she has fun, truly. She is NOT athletic and I have been trying to tell her you do not need to be athletic to play this game. If she has a small bit of success and enjoys herself I think she will keep after it.

That's awesome man! Let us know how the round goes!

Congrats, not a bad problem at all!

That's great! I wish I could get my wife out on the course. She'll do putt-putt and she's pretty good at that, but she has this hang up about me being good and he having not played since high school. I tell her I'd just love her to come out and play with me to see if she could like it again...but she won't.
Have fun on your Anniversary 9 hole round, hope it goes well. I know I'm jealous!

Our Monday (and sometimes Tuesday) "date nights" are some of the most fun times. Golfing with your significant other is so fun and relaxing. We both usually shoot pretty good those days.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the new THP Love Is In the Air event coming soon.

Sounds like a great time is ahead. Congrats on getting her interested.

Congrats. My wife and I play together and I really enjoy those times the most.

Congrats on getting your wife hooked. My wife has no interest in playing.

I started playing golf back in May and have really enjoyed the game; I am thoroughly addicted. This past Sunday was my anniversary, and my wife suggested that I get her a putter (we have been talking about golf being something that we can do together). She has never played other than putt-putt as a child. We go to Golfsmith and she finds a used putter and starts drilling putts up to seven or eight feet away. She doesn't want to quit, she's having a blast, I am wrangling a four year old and a six month old, but enjoying seeing her get excited. She decides she also wants a sand wedge. The next day we are going for our walk on the course with the kids (it's closed on Monday) and she wants to bring both clubs so she can pitch and putt around the greens we pass. I show her a few basic things and she actually does pretty well. Little 40 yard sand shots that are straight and in the air. She is happy and tells me she is having fun. Today she tells me that she has made arrangements to borrow a set of clubs and that instead of going to dinner this coming Friday to celebrate our anniversary, she wants to get a tee time for us to play nine holes and then go to a low key dinner. Tee time has been booked.

She is freaking hooked (Like I knew she would be, she is very competitive by nature).

I'll report back on how the round goes on Friday.

Congrats!!!! I love having a spouse who plays, we have a great time!!!

Unleash the beast!!! But the real question is who is going to watch the kids now? Have fun with your outing!

Fantastic! Pretty soon she'll be a member and be addicted like the rest of us!

I tried once and my wife hated it. I'm partly glad though because it gets me some ME time.

This is awesome. My wife is showing interest in learning the game too. Hope my wife takes it in stride like yours

I'd be afraid of getting my wife hooked on golf and then she gets better than me. She's already better than me at bowling without even trying.

My story is similar with my wife. She is now as addicted to this game as much as I am.
We are going out of town this weekend for a big couples tournament.
She is so excited, she can hardly sleep.
We played in a couples tourney last month and won the dang thing...now the monster is raging ! LOL

Congrats this is so awesome to hear and I'm jealous as i would love to get my wife to play golf. Currently she only wants to putt which is still fun when she hits the course with me.

I am looking to do the same with the THP Love is in the Air Event. Took my wife with me to the driving range once and she has never been back.

I asked my girlfriend to come play a round with me. She said "sure, I'll just bring my kindle". I replied "nevermind".

Back