What GPS do you use?

Garmin G6 but sometimes I liked my Bushnell XGC+ better

tappin from my big as note2

Garmin G6 got it as a gift and it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I really want to get a GPS of some sort, but cost is my issue. I like the Voicecaddie that Jman reviewed recently, and with the cost of that being only $170 or less, I think when I get the chance, I'll try that.

I picked up a Golf Buddy VT3, anyone looking for an awesome watch I highly recommend it.

I have the golf buddy world and am happy with it but not blown away. Wish it had a better screen and longer battery life.

I really want to get a GPS of some sort, but cost is my issue. I like the Voicecaddie that Jman reviewed recently, and with the cost of that being only $170 or less, I think when I get the chance, I'll try that.

The callaway upro MX+ looks to be in liquidation. There are all you want on eBay for $50 and many online stores for well under $100.

There may be a new model coming out, but at these prices...

The I'm Caddie I pictured is a great little GPS and is Voice.... 50K courses, no extra fees and runs $129. I paid $99 at my local Military Px.

bushnell neo x. Reliable yardage, great battery life, and it's never jumped to a different hole if I happen to be a little off course with a tee shot...

Last edited:
i use the Android APP for Swing-by-Swing for the topographical view. Then I use my Bushnell Tour V3 for actual distances. Believe me, using a laser rangefinder is much more accurate. You wouldn't believe how off some of the GPS's that I've compared it too.

GolfshotGPS app on the iPhone. Works for me. I've tried the TourCaddie follow-on product, but I'm sticking with GolfshotGPS for now.

I have been using the Golf Buddy World Platinum for 3 years and have no complains but if I were to buy one now it would be a Garmin G6 hands down.

Not sure I understand how a range finder does it quicker and easier????? You do have to pull it out and scope the flag stick, don't you? I walk up to my ball, touch my visor to press a button and listen to how far I hit the ball and how much further to the center of the green. How can it get easier than that?

At times it takes my gps as long as it takes to shoot the flag with my laser to settle to the correct yardage. When I do laser the flag, I have front, center, back, and flag distances. All I really want from my GPS is to know if I should layup or go for it along with scoring and stats (fairways hit, GIR, putts) most of the time. When on an unfamiliar course its nice to know where unseen hazards are.

Used to use a Garmin G5, its in my office somewhere lol. I have a Bushnell range finder in the bag, hunting version so it doesn't work very well picking up the pins, use it as a last resort if the carts don't have some type of GPS. I also have a Laser Link on the bag and use that if the course has the crystals. Otherwise I just go by sprinklers, yardage markers, cart gps if they have it. If I get within 10yds or so I am fine and just eyeball it. I did pick up a SGXw from the marketplace here last week, will see how that works out.

I use my Skycaddie Breeze and a Bushnell V2 to shoot the pin.

I mostly use a rangefinder for distances to the flag. I use the SwingBySwing app on courses with no gps on the cart for lay up or carry distances. Just touch somewhere on the screen and it tells you how far from where you are. How far just to carry that bunker in front of the green? Now you know.

8yhydymy.jpg

I have a upro and a v3 jolt. My only wish is that the upro could give you distance you hit your ball.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Callaway uPro MX+
Great device and compact as well.
I have 3 batteries for it, but it lasts awhile like JB said since I don't use every feature available.

Swing by Swing is a really good free app for smartphones if you're looking for something quick too.

I use the scoring feature so i am normally down to 30% battery life after a round

Garmin S1.

Benefits:

1) Accurate within 3 yards. (Home Course)
2) Stupid Easy to Operate. (Even a Caveman could....)
3) Instant Yardages. (Pull up- Glance at Yardage- Pull Club- Yell Fore)

Negatives:

1) Short Battery life.
2) Sometime I forget to Grab it. (Have to set reminders the night before I play)

I have a upro and a v3 jolt. My only wish is that the upro could give you distance you hit your ball.

I use the upro mx and it serves my needs of distance measurement.

I used to use a phone app, but it sucked the life out of my battery by the 14th hole.

There is a way to measure your shots with the upro, but I don't remember how

MotoACTV.

Purchased more for the MP3 capabilities and workout out data. Golf gps was a free add-on with the update.

I use a Neo+ http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/yardage_neo_plus.cfm

I find it no good for other courses, but I've set all the points for my home course and when I play with people with lasers they are always withing a few yards, which considering the gps is set for only f/m/b is pretty good in my book. I'm sure some courses are better set than others, but I've had some be off by as much as 50 yards, and a few courses not even exist. I think I'm going to give it to my wife next year and get a new gps that doesn't use iGolf; she borrows mine all the time anyway and never plays an away course without me so that's not an issue for her.

P.S. I've had the battery last 4 rounds without dying repeatedly. I think I've only ever seen it on 1 of 3 bars once.

Last edited:
I am still rolling with my SkyCaddie 2.5, it gets the job done. I don't care to use my phone because my time on the golf course doesn't need to be interrupted by seeing what is going on on my phone. I do like the scoring features on Skygolf as well. The one big negative is that if I haven't put the course on my unit the night before it is just a paper weight when you get to the course.

I use the upro mx and it serves my needs of distance measurement.

I used to use a phone app, but it sucked the life out of my battery by the 14th hole.

There is a way to measure your shots with the upro, but I don't remember how

I thought Callaway took away the distance measurement option when they did one of the software upgrades.

Back