What is your biggest fear on the golf course?

Teeing off on the 1st hole of the day with a crowd of people watching/waiting. Always makes me nervous and I always wonder if I'm going to screw up the shot or hit it cleanly. Everything else to me is manageable on the course. Maybe getting struck by lightning.

Taking a practice swing and some walks right behind me and doesn't realize I'm a lefty....it actually happens, I go in the tee box and people move around a bit during the practice swings, many people have said that they don't know where to be since I'm a lefty. It's weird, I never stand close to the person swinging, regardless of dexterity.

I do know a guy that got hit in the eye on a tee box, I try to always watch out as it took him almost a year to get back to the game, it really messed him up. I would probably quit the game if I did injure someone that badly.

The full swing yips!!

Breaking somebodies window. I've been known to put a little side spin on a drive now and then, and it's always towards the houses. Scares the bujeezus out of me.

Mine is probably lightning. I'll play through rain and cold like it ain't no thang, but as soon as I hear thunder I get worried. I've heard too many stories of golfers getting hit by lightning (Trevino, Goosen, etc.) to risk it swinging a metal club around in a storm.

I am the same, can't stand being near the course when there is a storm near.

In general, I fear the big, off-the-planet slice. I've been working for two years now to get rid of it, but it keeps coming back.

More recently, I fear a return of my back/side ribcage pain. I felt a tweak yesterday at the driving range and I completely lost my swing. The pain didn't really last more than a few seconds, but I was worried about it and just could not swing properly. Hopefully the next time, I will realize it's not as bad as my worst fears.

My biggest fear in golf is getting my first ace on a hole that I can't see it go in.

Rolling a golf cart... again.

Fear on a golf course? Really?

As Indiana Jones once said " Shanks. Why did it have to be shanks ".

Ok, maybe he said snakes, but shanks are more poisonous.

My biggest fear!!! I'm also terrified of 3-4 foot putts.

Having to crap and being the farthest point away from the nearest outhouse or Clubhouse.

My ugly a$$ swing!

My biggest fear in golf is getting my first ace on a hole that I can't see it go in.

I came 2 inches from making one about a month ago playing by myself with nobody around to witness it....that would be bad too!

hitting someone with an errant ball and hurting them.

Having the shanks and not having the Mexican Mac O'grady ther to help me out

My biggest fear is when I know I'm playing golf with a new person in the group. Why? Heck if I know? Then my second biggest fear is the first tee box. After the first shot, it's history..I'm good to go..

That I never card an ace.

You may not think so now, but I promise you it won't lessen the thrill.

The first tee. Everyone standing around watching you as you pray to your self "hit it good, hit it good, hit it good."

The first tee. Everyone standing around watching you as you pray to your self "hit it good, hit it good, hit it good."

I'm a new member at my club and I get stupid nervous every time I get on the first tee. I've played a few Saturday competitions and have yet to hit a good tee shot on the first hole. My biggest fear though is skulling/shanking a bunker shot and clocking someone upside the head. Lol.

Back