Erky

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing that 5 PGA Tour players did not miss from 3' and in all year. Some of the names might surprise you:

RANK
THIS
WEEK
RANK
LAST
WEEK
PLAYERROUNDS% MADEATTEMPTSPUTTS MADE
11Luke Donald
titleist_38x11.gif
11Sergio Garcia65100.00509509
11Freddie Jacobson63100.00499499
11Jin Park52100.00473473
11Gary Woodland94100.00871871

that's amazing. my stats would not be as impressive.

Woodland was 871 for 871. Pretty solid for a guy known more for his long game.

Sergio has always been known as a bad putter until this year. I think he was close to the lead or lead in a couple other putting categories this year. That's pretty impressive to say the least.

Highly impressive... especially considering the greens these guys typically play on

I would have never imagined Sergio would be on that list, glad to see him get the putter back on the shorties.

Sometimes I will have a longer putt coming back after a three foot putt!

That really is impressive. I'd be curious as to know when the last time was that any of those 5 actually DID miss a putt inside 3'. Last year? How long is there current streaks running total?

I havent missed either..."good good"

Really? Sergio???? That is just amazing.

~Rock

That is pretty darn impressive. Surprised Sergio is on there, and woodland at 871 of 871 is nuts.

871/871 WOW, that is a heck load!!!

Answered my own question. Lucas Glover made 96.95%. 603/622

Incredible. The interesting stat would be to see how far inside 3 feet are most of those putts.

Sergio is shocking, But the fact Woodland has almost double anyone else and never missed one is beyond amazing to me.

Cool stat. Made me go look up some others from this year on the pga site. Really interesting. I basically just looked up the first page for the stat I was looking at and eyeballed what most of the top guys seemed to get (so not THE best guy, but what the top 30 or so seemed to average). Always surprised when I do. Inside 5 feet, only about 55% 1 putt. That number I thought would be a lot higher. Especially with 5 guys being able to 100% from 3 feet.

And comparing the distance to the pin for approach shots fairway/tee vs. rough seemed to pretty consistently add about 1/3 to 1/2 the distance. I didn't think rough would bug the tour players that much. And it really made me question the axiom "don't try to get as close as possible, lay up to a favourite club distance." From the fairway, every extra 25 yards or so closer translates to 3-4 ft closer to the pin, which looking at the putting stats makes a huge difference (every 5 feet farther nearly halves the 1 putt percentage).

Also interesting, the top putters were actually slightly better for outside 25 feet than from 20-25. Only slightly, but an interesting observation IMO. Maybe less pressure to putt it in allows for a more natural swing and fewer mistakes?

Back