Which part of your game lets you down the most ?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
Which part, and what are you doing to change that?
For me I've always struggled with a driver in my hands. I've been lucky in that I hit a 3W a long way, but have always struggled in windy conditions and on long courses. I've bought a new driver and am working on some swing mechanics in order to help get some consistency and hope this'll help on longer holes.

Putting. Putting. Putting

My 3 wood, My driver and iron play has been stellar even with a long layoff, but my 3 wood game hass gone to a place in golfing heaven. I am going to get a more forgiving 3 wood and get back into range mode now that it's cooling off temp wise, I'll work through it and put in the time to correct it.

I'm most inconsistant with my irons, specifically my long irons. One week I will be knocking everything stiff and the next I'll have trouble hitting the green. It gets really frustrating

Irons. Getting better with them, but mid and long are the bane of my existence.

I wish I could narrow it down but it seems to be a moving target, if the driver is working then irons or the putter abandon me and vice versa. Just can't put all of them together at the same time

Which part, and what are you doing to change that?

Putting.

I really struggled with reading our greens so I searched for ways to improve in that area. I found information on the fall line and how it affects the way putts fall. I immediately improved with my green reading.

I have come a long way with my putting but I still have terrible days (like today) where I struggle with distance control. I've just switched back to a SeeMore counterbalanced in hopes that I can add back the advantage of the RST. I am lazy about practicing and I know that is a must if I ever want to become a great putter. I have a Birdie Ball green set up in my home right now and have been practicing a bit but not enough.

Mental game.

I need to have fun, and let things go. I keep going too hard on myself, when I hit a bad shot. Then everything falls apart.

Consistency. I'll go from driving the ball well to hitting irons great to getting up & down from the toughest situations. But rarely is all goin at once.

Late, specifically, I cannot hit a fairway wood to save my life. I've only been pulling them a couple times a round, and even then I'm hoping for a 75% low line drive in play. Over a couple weekends in August had three consecutive whiffs with my 5 wood. This was a "go to" club early in the year and then out of nowhere I can't even top the ball a 100 yards. Then I went to my 3 wood, thinking its a little longer, I'll make contact. But I topped it 80 yards.

Punch shots. I keep trying, but cannot grasp keeping shots beneath the limbs.

Irons.

I'm working on it. Still.

The part where I have to swing the club and hit the ball. Other than that, I'm pretty good.

It changes on a weekly basis for me but I would say chipping and tee shots hurt me the most.

When I have a easy shot within 150 and can hit it good then end up topping it. Same thing with a easy chip and top it and it rolls 50 yards. I probably can go on and on.

My driver lets me down the most. I get in more trouble with it. When I'm hitting it well, it's great, but dang it can go south fast and really hurt my round.

What day of the week is it??

It seems to vary from round to round. Some days driving is the worst, next day, driver is on and short game is rubbish. On the upside, my iron play is usually pretty good.

Mine has to be the driver.

Two words, damn driver.

Despite saying in my other thread that my putting has improved the most, I'd have to say putting. I'm putting much better overall, but I'm still missing a lot of makeable putts, typically in the 4-6 foot range. Gotta get that fixed.

Driver or wedges/just around the green...it is usually one or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's funny that all of us struggle with consistency. You have to wonder what changes from one day to the next?

Last edited:
It seems to change. There is always some part of my game that is bringing the rest down. Majority of the time it's driver, lately it's been the putter, irons can go...I just never know.

It has to be my tee game. If I could keep all my tee shots in play, goodbye to 2-4 strokes a round.

Definitely my putting/chipping. I take way too many 3 putts, and just misplay chips too often and end up nowhere near the hole. I'm working on it though, it's my main focus for the winter and next year.

Accuracy with driver. I'm usually pretty good but when I'm off, I have a hard time getting it back. Trouble is, the flaw bleeds into my 4W swing so I'm left with less options on longer holes.

Back