USA Men's Soccer National Team

There it is Dos a Cero! Huge game from the USA tonight. Weathered the storm in the first 20 minutes then stayed with the game plan and took advantage.

Now the waiting game begins

Thank you Ary. Why New Zealand. Is it a 4th place matchup with their group, them finishing 4th in it, whichever group that is?

No, it's really weird, New Zealand won their group which is called Oceania or something like that. However, that group of nations is pretty weak overall, so the world governing body (FIFA) makes them go into a playoff with the 4th place team from our region to get 1 spot in the World Cup.

That was a good result tonight. Whatever happens in the Panama Honduras game, the US ARE going to Brazil next year. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Gotcha. Thanks again!

USA winning and Mexico losing is my favorite line in sports

Panama and Honduras tie 2-2 tonight. That result ensures that the USMNT will qualify for World Cup 2014. They still have 2 qualification matches to go in October, but they don't mean anything in terms of placement in the World Cup.

World Cup draw for groupings is on December 6 in Brazil.

Congrats. They've done something we haven't managed to bloody do yet! They now have 10 months to sort that awful back line out!!

Dos A Cero!! Man do I hope Mexico fails to qualify

So total impulse buy on the Bay but pretty sweet in prep for the World Cup next Summer. Now to get a jersey to match...

ypu8e6ys.jpg

So total impulse buy on the Bay but pretty sweet in prep for the World Cup next Summer. Now to get a jersey to match...

ypu8e6ys.jpg

Show some real dedication and get a tattoo!!!! LOL

Show some real dedication and get a tattoo!!!! LOL

Haha well played sir but no thanks love my team, dont do tats. My wife told me I "looked like an idot" when I showed her the visor and put it on haha

Amazing! I am gonna have to look for one of those

Thanks all I need now is a jersey and I will be all prepared for this Summer and Brazil!

Thanks all I need now is a jersey and I will be all prepared for this Summer and Brazil!

Wow, that's kind of a retro visor. More power to you if you can pull that thing off.

Glad that the last two WCQs are not important from a qualifying perspective, but also glad to be able to watch them in the next few weeks.

Wow, that's kind of a retro visor. More power to you if you can pull that thing off.

Glad that the last two WCQs are not important from a qualifying perspective, but also glad to be able to watch them in the next few weeks.

Haha thanks according to my wife I can not pull it off, she said I "looked like and idiot" hahaha Oh well.

Yeah I know what you mean about the last couple qualifiers but it should be nice for some of the depth players to get work in important games.

USA vs. Jamaica tonight in KC. Still a WCQ even though they are booked for Brazil should be interesting what lineup Klinsmann goes with for this match. It should be a test for some of those players looking to be reserve roles but still make the trip to Brazil.

USA vs. Jamaica tonight in KC. Still a WCQ even though they are booked for Brazil should be interesting what lineup Klinsmann goes with for this match. It should be a test for some of those players looking to be reserve roles but still make the trip to Brazil.

Sure is nice to have Brazil locked up with two to play. Looking forward to watching tonight anyway.

Sure is nice to have Brazil locked up with two to play. Looking forward to watching tonight anyway.

I know I was thinking the same thing. Agreed cant wait to wait to watch tonight, should be another awesome atmosphere in KC.

I see that the USA is now ranked 4 places higher than England in the official FIFA rankings. Shows how ridiculous those ranking are LOL

I see that the USA is now ranked 4 places higher than England in the official FIFA rankings. Shows how ridiculous those ranking are LOL

We are qualified, are you?

Hahaha those rankings are complete bs I honestly dont think I have ever looked at them.

That is what winning 12 out of last 13 with wins over Germany and others does for you rankings. The real problem is the ranking don't reflect if they were full squad games or not. AS for tonight I really hope Johansson starts up top with Jozy

We are qualified, are you?

Hahaha those rankings are complete bs I honestly dont think I have ever looked at them.

Ooh, you've qualified playing teams like Costa Rica and Jamiaca. Congrats. We'll see how you do playing against the big boys LOL. As for qualification, ask me in 5 days.

Ooh, you've qualified playing teams like Costa Rica and Jamiaca. Congrats. We'll see how you do playing against the big boys LOL. As for qualification, ask me in 5 days.

Haha I know but you can only play who you have to to get in the dance. I am excited to see how this team will do against the big boys when the games matter. USA needs the measuring stick to keep getting better.

Gotta play the best to beat the best

Couldn't agree more with this. IMO, England has a much stronger squad then where they are. But to be fair, they haven't quite gotten the results.
That is what winning 12 out of last 13 with wins over Germany and others does for you rankings. The real problem is the ranking don't reflect if they were full squad games or not. AS for tonight I really hope Johansson starts up top with Jozy
We played Germany's C team. The fact we almost lost that game was laughable. The game that sticks out to me that shows the US is for real is beating Bosnia IN Bosnia. They have a really good team with world class players. But, there's no way we should be ranked 13th.

Back