Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. But, with an Indians win tonight and if the Rangers lose, the Indians secure a spot in at least a tie for the wild card

Its gonna happen

How ridiculous is it that the Indians have won 7 straight, yet still can't close out the dang Rangers?!

No crap but thank god they wet the bed before that

I know Tito is faithful to his guys, but at this point, he's no good to this team. Make Cody Allen or Joe Smith the closer and be done with it

Watching Tito in Boston for years, he is faithful to his players almost to a fault. That being said, if he brought Perez in with a 6-1 lead, it was a confidence boost/last chance opportunity all rolled into one.

Pretty special moment for Rivera last night.

Pretty special moment for Rivera last night.

As much crap as the Yankee's take (deservedly so most times) they really know how to send off a player and make special moments. That was awesome.

As much crap as the Yankee's take (deservedly so most times) they really know how to send off a player and make special moments. That was awesome.

I still dont' understand that whole deal at all. Mo comes out in the 9th, and pitches the 9th. They brought him out in the 8th, and then pulled him with a low pitch count and 1 out left in the 9th. It made no sense. Instead of initiating the whole circus between innings, and then ending it in the middle of the inning, they brought the game to a screeching halt twice. I didn't get it.

I have zero ill will towards Mo, I just don't see why Girardi made it into more of a circus.

I still dont' understand that whole deal at all. Mo comes out in the 9th, and pitches the 9th. They brought him out in the 8th, and then pulled him with a low pitch count and 1 out left in the 9th. It made no sense. Instead of initiating the whole circus between innings, and then ending it in the middle of the inning, they brought the game to a screeching halt twice. I didn't get it.

I have zero ill will towards Mo, I just don't see why Girardi made it into more of a circus.

He took him out of the game so he could get the ovation he deserved from the fans. It was about more than baseball. Look at the Rays players. They didnt have a problem with it. They all stood at the top of the dugout and gave him a standing ovation. Sometimes it's about more than the game which was the case. It's his last time pitching at Yankee stadium. It was a special moment for everyone involved. I could care in the least if they stopped the game 50 times. Didnt effect the outcome of the game anyway.

He took him out of the game so he could get the ovation he deserved from the fans. It was about more than baseball. Look at the Rays players. They didnt have a problem with it. They all stood at the top of the dugout and gave him a standing ovation. Sometimes it's about more than the game which was the case. It's his last time pitching at Yankee stadium. It was a special moment for everyone involved. I could care in the least if they stopped the game 50 times. Didnt effect the outcome of the game anyway.

I disagree, the fans and players would have given an standing ovation whenever it was done.

I think it was done for gamesmanship by Girardi, take the Rays heads out of the game. It would have been just as special, and made more sense if he pitched the 9th.

I disagree, the fans and players would have given an standing ovation whenever it was done.

I think it was done for gamesmanship by Girardi, take the Rays heads out of the game. It would have been just as special, and made more sense if he pitched the 9th.

there was something special about having Jeter and Pettitte going out to the mound to pull him from the game. The final standing 3 members from all those WS teams. That was something that you would not have had if he pitches the final out in the 9th.

Hey Big Time. Settle down. :alien:

I believe... grown men should wear shirts with sleeves.

we believe that sleeves are always optional

LOL we will have to agree to disagree. We have basically given up the season and were already out of playoff contention. Winning that game was the furthest thing from anyone's mind.

Is that a man or a woman to the right of the We Believe sign?

Indians go double triple double to take the 2-0 lead top of 1st 1 out. Let's go tribe!!

Medlen and Lee are dealing in Atlanta tonight. It's incredible.

And Chris Johnson just went tater on Lee.

Tribe rolling

50 saves for Kimbrel.

Now let's go Cubs!

Pretty sweet stat here. After tonight, Red Sox need only 1 more win or 1 A's loss to wrap up AL home field.

Rays lose to the jays and LAA just tied it up. Roll tribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back