2013 Denver Broncos: Best Offense Ever?

No. Not close. I'd bet they don't finish the season with most yards per game or most points per game.

No. Not close yet. The 1999-2001 Rams and 2007 Patriots have something to say. As well as some of the late 80s 49er teams.

I agree. They are good and they could run the table, but best ever......not so fast.

It's going to be a rough two weeks for the cowboys.

Dallas will hold their own. Feel free to make fun of me next Sunday after the game...

98 vikings
11 saints
81 chargers
04 colts

a few good offenses

Great, yes... But the 07 Patriots were phenomenal.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

It's Ludacris talking about a team being the best ever after 4 games, regardless of any circumstances. Bump this thread after week 12-13ish and we will revisit this thread. :D

I will stick with the '98 Vikings for now, that team was awesome to watch.

It's week 4 we can't crown anyone anything at this point of the season. That said they do look bloody good so far. We still need to see what Peyton does in November and December at Mile High.

Too soon to say. The Eagles defense is weak and the secondary the weakest part. The perfect matchup for Manning. They are impressive though and may earn "the best offense" title soon enough.

Let's start a "has Peyton had the best 1 month stretch of any quarterback in the history of the NFL" thread. That would be a better discussion at this point. The Broncos are "on pace" to be the best, statistically. That's just statistics though. Defense seems to be an afterthought this year. Also, the wheels can fall off of any machine at any time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Seattle's corners would shut down Decker and Thomas.

It's truly about getting pressure on Manning. If you get pressure on him, the receivers aren't as valuable.

Don't get me wrong, they are great. There are still 12 games to go though before I'd ever consider them the greatest.

#ImWithChad

Seattle also has the defensive line to put pressure on the Manning, while those corners are shutting down Decker and Thomas.

Best offense ever? I want to see their full body of work before making that declaration. Are they off to a great start - absolutely. But I agree with Blugold in that the 99-01 Rams and 2007 Patriots were absolutely incredible offenses.

Seattle also has the defensive line to put pressure on the Manning, while those corners are shutting down Decker and Thomas.

Who stops Welker and Thomas though?

Let's not dump the Broncos defense by the wasteside either. Let's not forget the Seattle offense is hardly scary.

I think it is FAR FAR too early to discuss if this offense is the best ever. Does it look unstoppable? Absolutely... but it is week 4.

Pump the brakes. 3 of the 4 games have been against really bad defenses/teams. 3 of the. 4 have been at home. Let's talk after they play KC who can pressure manning with their front four and put the rest in coverage. More importantly there's a late November night game at NE. Peyton doesn't perform very well in cold or cruddy weather. Which reminds me, the Super Bowl is in NYC At night in February. Brrrrrr.

Who stops Welker and Thomas though?

Let's not dump the Broncos defense by the wasteside either. Let's not forget the Seattle offense is hardly scary.

I think it is FAR FAR too early to discuss if this offense is the best ever. Does it look unstoppable? Absolutely... but it is week 4.

Not arguing Seattle's offensive abilities or who would win the game, but was more commenting on that Seattle's defense has the ability to slow down the Broncos offense. As for Welker and Thomas, I have a feeling that Earl Thomas, the Seahawks FS will get involved with trying to take away one of them and a good pass rush can quickly take a tight end out of the passing attack if they need to keep him in to protect the QB.

Not arguing Seattle's offensive abilities or who would win the game, but was more commenting on that Seattle's defense has the ability to slow down the Broncos offense. As for Welker and Thomas, I have a feeling that Earl Thomas, the Seahawks FS will get involved with trying to take away one of them and a good pass rush can quickly take a tight end out of the passing attack if they need to keep him in to protect the QB.

Oh, I wasnt trying to argue that either man. I was just countering with how many weapons the Broncos have. I like Seattle's defense, but I do not think it would "shut down" the Broncos offense. As Peyton always said, a perfect throw cannot be defended. I do think Seattle's defense could contain the Broncos, but geeesh, containing them means holding them to 30 points these days.

So, I live in the Denver area, but I grew up in NYC, so I have been a life long Giants fan (even though it is embarrassing to be a Giants fan right now :beat-up:)

That being said, Denver has finally done what I have thought they have needed to do for the last 20 years, and that is beefing up both their offensive and defensive lines. They have big men on the lines now, better able to protect Manning and on the defensive side better able to rush the QB and shut down the running game.

As stated, way too soon to be considering them for any crowns, but if Manning stays healthy the Broncos could have an amazing season. If Manning gets injured the season is over for them.

Pump the brakes. 3 of the 4 games have been against really bad defenses/teams. 3 of the. 4 have been at home. Let's talk after they play KC who can pressure manning with their front four and put the rest in coverage. More importantly there's a late November night game at NE. Peyton doesn't perform very well in cold or cruddy weather. Which reminds me, the Super Bowl is in NYC At night in February. Brrrrrr.

I've got a feeling KC will lose by 20 points when they meet Denver. They've yet to play a good team as well.

#ImWithChad

Oh, I wasnt trying to argue that either man. I was just countering with how many weapons the Broncos have. I like Seattle's defense, but I do not think it would "shut down" the Broncos offense. As Peyton always said, a perfect throw cannot be defended. I do think Seattle's defense could contain the Broncos, but geeesh, containing them means holding them to 30 points these days.

I agree with you regarding Seattle can "shut down". I think with the way offenses rule the NFL now, a defense completely shutting down an offense is rarely - unless that offense is really bad. I think Seattle has to the ability to slow down the Broncos if they ever meet and I am thinking containing to be 20-24 points.

Might not be able to completely stop them, but I think that the Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers, Texans, Saints, and Patriots defenses right now can slow down the Broncos offense.

So, you're ready to call them the best offense ever, but aren't willing to compare the defenses they've played against to classic defenses? Way to limit the criteria to support your conclusion.

Might not be able to completely stop them, but I think that the Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers, Texans, Saints, and Patriots defenses right now can slow down the Broncos offense.

As a 49ers fan, I'm sad to say that Manning would pick the secondary apart all day. They are terrible.

#ImWithChad

As a 49ers fan, I'm sad to say that Manning would pick the secondary apart all day. They are terrible.

#ImWithChad

I'm not so sure about that. This year the 49ers have allowed 437 yards rushing (109.25 yards a game) and 762 yards passing (190.5 yards a game). The rushing defense is what has been hurting the 49ers this year. Last year they were a top 5 rushing defense, this year they are 19th through the first 4 games. Right now the 49ers are ranked 3rd in passing defense in the league, it's kind of hard to say their secondary is terrible.

Back