Cleveland CG7 BP Irons Review

Hey Smally, you can't feel the grooves on this picture?

LOL, I was going to mention it, but decided not to! hehe

These are in the hands of the final testers and the review will be up shortly. Early reports are extremely positive and they were part of the iron article in the magazine.

How soon would a guess-timate be on "be up shortly" about the review? I'm kinda holding off on my fitting till I read what ya'll have to say about them. I'm kinda at a toss up between these and some TaylorMade irons. I'm sure they'll be close to your regular cg7 review, but I just want to go to the shop as informed as possible before making any decisions.

In the next few days. It was also up in the magazine already for those that have a copy. I would guess either Friday, Monday, or Tuesday.

Great! I was hoping before next weekend. If I decide on the cg7 set, I want them before the end of the year to get in on their promotion. Thanks.

Because of that, we are going to put it up tomorrow. That way you will have a few weeks to try things out.

Wow, once again I am reminded why I joined. This place has great people doing wonderful things. Thanks again.

I will warn you...Its a long review. But the pictures came out awesome, so make sure you click them to blow them up if you can.

Great review! I had a feeling that this site might help me hurt the bank account, but I need new irons so I'm not complaining. I hope these sticks work well enough for me to fit in the bag.

Great review! I had a feeling that this site might help me hurt the bank account, but I need new irons so I'm not complaining. I hope these sticks work well enough for me to fit in the bag.

I am glad that you liked it. The irons performed extremely well. Let us know your feedback once you try them out.

Great review! I actually enjoyed it with a little more length to it, not too long not too short! They seem to be great irons!

For those that did not see our magazine or get a copy for themselves, here is the page on CG7 BP irons from our Tool Shed section on Irons.

737964405_rMJVd-XL-1.jpg

With the Zip grooves and the Lazar milling these things have to create a lot of spin. I know the testers commented on how high they flew and you said the distance was the same. First off, what keeps these from ballooning? It just seems like the mid irons especially should be fighting the wind a little bit. Second question is distance. Where these as long as the R9, which seem to be a little longer than average, and these fit into the average club distance?

I know I ask to many dumb questions, but the snow's to deep to go hit them, lol.

No problem Due.

Distance was not quite as long as my R9s, but they are darn close. They are inline with the rest we have tested though. Including AP1, X-22, etc...We saw no ballooning at all with them.

I can understand the cg7 bp's aren't getting the distance like your R9's since your lofts are stronger and the club lengths are longer (or did you change the lengths and lie angles?) with the R9's. How did the offset affect your play? I notice that the R9's have over 2x the offset of the bp's.

I can understand the cg7 bp's aren't getting the distance like your R9's since your lofts are stronger and the club lengths are longer (or did you change the lengths and lie angles?) with the R9's. How did the offset affect your play? I notice that the R9's have over 2x the offset of the bp's.

We test all of our clubs at standard since that is how most people buy them. The offset offered no affect to my game at all. Other than looking at it at setup, you really do not notice it much in ball flight for myself or most of the testers involved. The BP offset is listed on their site and it is gradual as to be expected.

JB, to put you on the spot, if you were buying some GI irons right now which set would you buy? You are in the best spot to really know the differences between all the new irons that are out and seem like a guy who can really tell a difference between sets and what works and doesn't work. You guys really make it difficult to get a good idea on how you really feel about a particular iron as they all seem to get good reviews here.

For straight GI irons, I would buy these. The promotion that they have right now makes that easy for me. But there are more variables than that as the line is more blended between GI and players. Clubs like the MX200, R9 are more on the fence than they ever have.

For straight GI irons, I would buy these. The promotion that they have right now makes that easy for me. But there are more variables than that as the line is more blended between GI and players. Clubs like the MX200, R9 are more on the fence than they ever have.

The line being blended, in that if you were to buy the R9 or MX200 they are a club that someone who needs a GI now can grow into and keep in their bag much longer as they get better than straight GI like the CG7 BP?

Line being blended in that many club companies are no longer making just GI and Players. They are making blends of them such as the MX-200s and the R9s. More GI than players in those cases, but still not full GI irons. That would be Burners and MX-1000s for each company.

However that being said, the promotion that Cleveland has right now would make me pick those if I were making that decision this week. and for my game.

Are there ANY catches or fine print in that promotion? Its just turn in the old ones and we give you the newer ones straight up? No BS? That has to be one of the best deals going if its a straight trade with no catches. I wish someone would do that with drivers!

All you have to do is buy from an authorized dealer and register the clubs.

Free Irons Promotion

Are there ANY catches or fine print in that promotion? Its just turn in the old ones and we give you the newer ones straight up? No BS? That has to be one of the best deals going if its a straight trade with no catches. I wish someone would do that with drivers!

THere is no fine print really. But they have to be equal or lesser price I believe.

Back