Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Does anyone else have one? I just purchased one a few weeks ago. I was torn between the Sky Caddie 5s and the Golf Buddy because they're the same price, or they were, but what did it for me was that the Sky Caddie has an annual fee, whereas the Golf Buddy is already pre-loaded with all the courses.

I'm still getting used to it though. I haven't been seeing the traps or hazards on the device, and didn't know that you had to go to another menu to see that!

Its nice and small and compact. I want to get a holder for it or a mount, either in the cup holder or attached to the cart. I haven't decided yet! But right now, it stays in my pocket but is a PITA getting it in and out of my pocket all the time! I finally figured out how to use the distance measure aspect of it :D

I don't have one. I went with a GolfLogix last year and will be using it for at least the next couple of years. Let us know how you like it after a few rounds.

I am still using Sky Golf's SG-3 Sky Caddie. However, I am pretty sure I won't be re-newing my membership next year preferring to go with one of the other models with out annual fees. I do not have the color model Sky Caddie, and want to switch to one. On the plus side, My Sky Caddie has preformed pretty much flawlessly for the past bunch of years I have had it. Now that said, I was told that some of the other GPS providers "might" go to some sort of annual fee from a local pro shop employee. Not so much an annual fee, but a whistles, and bells update fee. Take that with a grain of salt as this info came from a local pro shop dealer, who probably won't be in business this time, next year. .

Earlier this year I did try out a another GPS that did not require an annual fee, had a colorful screen, but had a problem with "locking up" on me and I sent it back for a full refund.

This is a great topic. I'm thinking I might be in the market for a GPS/Rangefinder.

I have read some of THP's individual reviews on some of the products but I would love to see a comparison chart of some kind.

I've looked around to see some good charts out there but it's really hard to say which one is durable and works well. They all seem to have their flaws.

I'm a mac user, so I was leaning towards to the Skycaddie but the Callaway uPro and the Bushnell V2 look pretty good.

To annual fee or not to fee that is the question. Although, the larger question is which one is reliable and works well. What are most people happy with or wished they would have got?

This is a great topic. I'm thinking I might be in the market for a GPS/Rangefinder.

I have read some of THP's individual reviews on some of the products but I would love to see a comparison chart of some kind.

I've looked around to see some good charts out there but it's really hard to say which one is durable and works well. They all seem to have their flaws.

I'm a mac user, so I was leaning towards to the Skycaddie but the Callaway uPro and the Bushnell V2 look pretty good.

To annual fee or not to fee that is the question. Although, the larger question is which one is reliable and works well. What are most people happy with or wished they would have got?

I have been a skycaddie user for 5 years now and cannot wait for my subscription to run out to switch. The skycaddie offers me decent service and a ton of courses. That is about all I can say about it. Others now offer so many more features that are built in. Skycaddie charged me $20 to upgrade to get even some of those features.

I have reviewed a lot of them and my skycaddie just does not stack up.

If you ranked them or made a list of your favorite GPS and Rangefinder who would be top 3 on your list, must get.

Let us know how it works for you after some time. I was really interested in one of these, but backed off because I didn't have any brand recognition/rep to fall back on.

Do they make a bag mounted holder? I would do that, but then I mostly walk.

If you ranked them or made a list of your favorite GPS and Rangefinder who would be top 3 on your list, must get.

Perhaps this is better suited for a new thread, on pros and cons of units. Start one up and we can chat about all kinds of them.

Lets keep this one about the Golf Buddy for the op.

I would be happy to rank them for you as of right now.

Sounds good.

Let us know how it works for you after some time. I was really interested in one of these, but backed off because I didn't have any brand recognition/rep to fall back on.

Do they make a bag mounted holder? I would do that, but then I mostly walk.

They do make a cart mount and a mount that fits in a cupholder. I've looked into both, haven't decided which one to get yet, my pocket is find enough for me. But the cart mount is around $25-$30 and the cupholder one is about $20-$25. So not bad!!

Back