SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I was wondering what interesting, odd, expensive items you have lost or found on the golf course. Did the person ever claim it or thank you for turning it in.

I was playing sometime ago found a ball marker with a clock attached to it out in the fairway. I turned it in and never heard whether someone actually claimed it.

This thread is the result of me gazing out the window staring at the rain today, so for the sake of all my felllow THP'ers, I hope good weather in just around the corner. This is what happens when I have too much idle time :act-up:

I lost an Omega watch and it was waiting for me in the club house the next day. That was something that made me smile and thank every single person involved in getting it back to me.

I lost my wedding ring during a round, 10 or 15 years ago. It was a really hot and humid day, and must have happened when I wiped off my hands prior to hitting a shot. After the round, I told the pro shop about it, never thinking anyone would find it, much less turn it in. About 2-3 hours later I got a call that someone had found it and turned it in! I tried to find out who it was so I could personally "thank" him or her, but the person didn't leave their name. (I believe that was karma since a few years earlier I had turned in a diamond engagement ring my wife and I found in the grass, around the pool at Mt. Airy Lodge - probably some honeymooners.)

Other items lost were numerous divot tools, cigar lighters, a SAK cigar cutter, and a couple of those gadgets that clamp your cigar to the bag or golf cart - I never got any of those things back.

Someone left a wedge behind one of the holes and I assumed it was the people ahead of us. He claimed that it was his so he took it. And then later when we were finished, there was a guy going around asking people if they've found a wedge. Apparently, the guy that we thought owned the club ended up getting a free club. I really felt bad for the guy who's club it really belonged to, and the guy that took the club was no longer to be found :(

My BF left 3 clubs behind and we got home, called the pro shop and sure enough, they were there.

Someone left a wedge behind one of the holes and I assumed it was the people ahead of us. He claimed that it was his so he took it.

I always ask them what club they left.

All I generally find is Coolly cups, the wraps to keep beer cold, (I'm sure they would never put pop in those). I did find a 7 iron once and turned it in. The old home course in KS used to have a lot of problems with people doing funny stuff on one green late at night. I wonder if anyone lost their virginity??

Hoping no one finds THAT on the course duey!

LMAO, wish I could...

I found Smallville's gps or rangefinder (can't remember which) in the clubhouse at my course. haha

Actually they told you to hold it for me!

And it was the rangefinder! And a watch.

I'm glad I remembered 15 minutes after I left the course! (And thank you again! hehe)

Wow, thats cool. Whats the chances that someone you know in KC would find it for you?

I've never found anything more intersting than a couple of wedges left greenside. Turned both of them in at the clubhouse after a round.

Worst I lost (and found shortly after) was one of my wedges. Hadn't used one in about 5 holes, and went to grab by 54* and poof! Thankfully the group 2 back had it (I'd played through the group between us) and got it back before I left the course.

Oh, and of course I usually find the random cigar butts that some of these jacknuts seem to think they should leave sitting in the middle of the greens around here. Always a pleasant experience to try and move those to the trash then look for a nearby water hazard/restroom/water fountain to rinse the crap off my club.

I lost my cell phone on a 9 hole course when we were making the first loop. My buddy kept calling my phone when we made the second loop and, sure enough, we found it ringing in the grass. Very lucky.

I once lost Mrs. Esox in some deep fescue. I was pretty focused on my own round, and forgot she went in there. I played out the nine and was a little surprised when I found someone had turned her in at the pro shop.

That was good, because she can't be replaced like a lost wedge or cell phone.

Kevin

I once lost Mrs. Esox in some deep fescue. I was pretty focused on my own round, and forgot she went in there. I played out the nine and was a little surprised when I found someone had turned her in at the pro shop.

That was good, because she can't be replaced like a lost wedge or cell phone.

Kevin

I've only sank in mud up to my ankles. I wonder if Ty or v3.0 would have helped if I got stuck. I'd never go into fescue.

I've only sank in mud up to my ankles. I wonder if Ty or v3.0 would have helped if I got stuck. I'd never go into fescue.

We had a lot of fescue at our last course. As you probably know, it holds deer ticks. If she does head in there during round, I check her over well when we get home. So far no need for tweezers.

Jr. Lancer and I stay out the fescue. No upside to it.

Kevin

Lost a wedge and never got it back. It was a new wedge too. Funny thing is that me and my friend both left our wedge on the same hole. His was some cheap wedge and mine was a CG14. They turned his in and kept mine. I have shared this a few times, but since you asked...

I have never found anything of consequence.

We had a lot of fescue at our last course. As you probably know, it holds deer ticks. If she does head in there during round, I check her over well when we get home. So far no need for tweezers.

Jr. Lancer and I stay out the fescue. No upside to it.

Kevin

I had Lyme 10 years ago. I was ill for 2 years. Check her carefully.

I lost my cell phone on the 3rd hole and didn't realize my loss till I got home after finishin the round. It doesn't help to find it when I turn the thing off while playing too (I go to the course to get away from people). Luckily, someone found it the next day and everything worked great. This was also the phone I lost in a corn field and was able to find while it was on vibrate. It was destiny for the phone and me to be together. :smile:

I'm notorious for leaving a wedge behind by the green when I'm finished putting as well. I have been fortunate enough to always find it, but I never had high quality clubs before either.

A few weeks ago myself, and another gentleman were playing Costa Mesa GC. We were both singles, and driving our own carts. At the turn, he was done after 9 nine holes. I kept going. At number the #10 tee box I realized we had taken each others' cart when we split. We both had identical golf bags which I am sure helped. Only difference was the brand clubs in our respective bags. So I turn around and take off for cart barn. On the way back we ran into each other, and had a good laugh. Now I will always wonder how that set of Pings would have played for me. :confused2:

I have found club covers and clubs before, always turn them in to the pro shop. I have left clubs but have always went back and found them or someone turn them in.

I've only sank in mud up to my ankles. I wonder if Ty or v3.0 would have helped if I got stuck.
Of course.

I have found the usual stuff: Wedges, headcovers, sunglasses, misc. golf accessories, nothing exciting. I have only lost balls and wedges, and have always gotten the latter back a hole or so later.

ive found just about everything golf related on the course and returned it all (at least to the proshop if not the owner) from gps units to clubs... even iphones and wallets...

i played a round with my gf and she left her 9i behind... called the proshop after discovering it was missing... nobody returned it :(

Back