Holiday Travel: the TSA and Real ID

Liz and I got a chance to go to Atlantis and couple years ago

Didn't that continent sink several thousand years ago?

I think that's a very broad generalization. I've had my entire suitcase emptied in Tokyo with men pawing through my panties while I missed a connecting flight.

I'm going to assume that you weren't wearing them at the time.

too many batteries

:quiet:

While it is a bit more of a hassle now, I really don't mind. I guess I'd rather know that every other Tom, Dick, Sally, and potential problem has to pass through the same security checks as I do.

In some ways, it's a little easier now than it used to be at least. Right after 9/11, they used to have the "random" bag and wand searches. I seemed to get picked a lot for them. One flight from Minneapolis to Seattle (connecting through Denver on Frontier) I got the wand at MSP security, then wand & bag search at the gate in MSP. Then when I reached Denver, I got the wand & bag search at the gate AGAIN before boarding. Talk about annoying! :banghead:

The part that I miss most is being able to take larger shampoo/conditioner bottles for longer trips. When on business, I do anything possible to be completely carry-on with my packing. Tough to fit enough of everything for a week+ trip into a zip-lock. And the alternative is checking a bag that I get to pay extra for each way and the airlines tend to lose as often as they get it there with me. :banghead:

Didn't that continent sink several thousand years ago?

[/COLOR][/B]I'm going to assume that you weren't wearing them at the time.

:quiet:

Yes Harry, but Liz and I are great swimmers, hehehe. And I dont think I'll comment on the other... ok, I will. Now that was funny.

The part that I miss most is being able to take larger shampoo/conditioner bottles for longer trips. When on business, I do anything possible to be completely carry-on with my packing. Tough to fit enough of everything for a week+ trip into a zip-lock. And the alternative is checking a bag that I get to pay extra for each way and the airlines tend to lose as often as they get it there with me. :banghead:

I agree that this is probably the most inconvenient aspect of the security stuff. 3 ounces of shampoo, a tiny little tube of toothpaste and no shaving gel.... :confused2:

And now I'm afraid to put anything I really need in checked baggage because Delta lost both mine and my wife's bags 8 weeks ago and they have never been found. There was nothing of value to anyone but us, so I don't suspect any chicanery, just stupidity. :angry:

Back