Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I see the bracelets all over the golf stores and wonder if they're anything special...I guess they have some sort of ionic charge or whatever that actually is supposed to do something?? :confused2:

Sorry, I put this in the wrong section!

I see the bracelets all over the golf stores and wonder if they're anything special...I guess they have some sort of ionic charge or whatever that actually is supposed to do something?? :confused2:

Sorry, I put this in the wrong section!

I've often wondered the same thing CG and just couldn't buy in to it. I guess for me the answer comes from not seeing these tested or even talked about on this site. I'll be interested at how this is answered.

They are magnets supposedly for balance and pain reduction. I have seen them at sporting good stores at $30 or so. I have also seen them at some shows for $400. I have one friend who uses them and swears by them. I also would like to hear other thoughts about this.

I have received two of the Sabona bracelets as gifts. I wear them intermittently and have noticed no results from having magnets around my wrist other than an unreasonable attraction to iron filings. They major benefit of them as far as I can tell is to identify you as a golfer to other people.

This is the equivalent of having a Scarlet Letter sewn onto the bodice of your golf shirt.

But if people think it works, it must work right? haa haa :angel:

Does wearing bracelets interfere with your golf swing? I don't like to wear rings or bracelets when I play. I did wear a bracelet once and it kept getting in the way.

Mid over matter beyond all reason. I forgot, I also tried the copper bracelet thing when that was popular and I got a beautiful green wrist from that experience.:D

I wear one of these bracelets. I am a skeptic of this type of thing but my mum swears by her magnetic bracelet. My wrist use to hurt and now it doesn't. I might try going without the bracelet next season and see what happens but I have grown to like the thing so I just don't think about it anymore.

In my opinion there is no reason why these should work. However, I bought a Q-ray bracelet about 10 years ago while my back was in the middle of a month long hurt. It was all I could do to open the garage door (and at the time, that's how I let the dog into the back yard). I quit parking in the garage for a while because that was two more times a day that I had to lift that heavy door up.

So I hear about this and say there's no way but it had a 30 day money back guarantee,so I thought I'd try it. I get it delivered and put it on after I got home from work, and when I went to bed, it hadn't done anything. I figure, well this things going back, piece of carp. But when I woke up the next morning my back didn't hurt for the first time in a month. It "seemed" to work for me and I didn't even buy into it. I didn't have any major back problems the next year or so that I had it (they said it only worked for up to about two years, and it sure seemed that way because at the end my back started hurting again). I've bought a couple more over the years and they haven't done for me what the first one did but I like the way they look and I always secretly hope they will work like the first one seemed to but they never do.

I always say "seemed to work" because to really think this thing could ever do what it claims is ludicrous at best! But that first one really did seem to work for me.

It should be noted that Q-ray had a class action suit against them and they had to stop claiming it stopped pain.

What does work for me is the Back2Life machine that's advertised on TGC all the time. Higher altitudes do more to help back problems than anything I've tried. I visited my cousin a couple months ago in Las Vegas, which is 2,000 feet above sea level and I had no pain at all. Grand Junction, CO (about 4,500 feet) was where I first noticed not having pain, even after driving all day from Kansas City. Kansas City (700-900 feet) isn't high enough!

My wife is privy to different medical periodicals, essays and such. According to some of the stuff I have read "magnetism" does have a positive place in health care, with regards to aches and pains. What some of these authors are not sure of, and/or don't agree on is how magnetism works. Is it actually a physical type of relief, or is it psychological?

The best "pain" thing that ever happen to me after I was injured in a golf cart accident was a KOA foam mattress. I had a lower back pain that no one could do anything with. It was not a big problem, just sometimes annoying. Did not bother me golfing. Anyway, after a couple of nights on this foam mattress, my back issue was gone...completely. I asked the management what type of mattress they were using, and they told me it was a cheap version of those space age foam memory mattresses. I asked, but they would not sell me one of their new, unused, stored mattresses. Once home we purchased one those memory foam mattresses. Best sleep, body aid we ever purchased.

My wife is privy to different medical periodicals, essays and such. According to some of the stuff I have read "magnetism" does have a positive place in health care, with regards to aches and pains. What some of these authors are not sure of, and/or don't agree on is how magnetism works. Is it actually a physical type of relief, or is it psychological?

The best "pain" thing that ever happen to me after I was injured in a golf cart accident was a KOA foam mattress. I had a lower back pain that no one could do anything with. It was not a big problem, just sometimes annoying. Did not bother me golfing. Anyway, after a couple of nights on this foam mattress, my back issue was gone...completely. I asked the management what type of mattress they were using, and they told me it was a cheap version of those space age foam memory mattresses. I asked, but they would not sell me one of their new, unused, stored mattresses. Once home we purchased one those memory foam mattresses. Best sleep, body aid we ever purchased.

I agree with this about back pain. I know I'm alot younger than most of the guys on here that have aches and pains but I have always had lower back problems since my early 20's. I have a compressed lower spine and at times it completely stiffens up on me. I bought a sealy backsaver (which is nothing more than the last model posturepedic) this summer and my back pain has completely went away. I don't wake up stiff and for the first time in as long as I can remember I can make it through a whole round of golf without tightening up. I think mattresses are the key to helping with aches and pains but I also think the placebo effect is something to take very seriously. The human mind is the most amazing thing in this universe and the minds ability to heal is something that we will never truly grasp.

I have all sorts of physical issues. I wear the Trion Z necklace and when I play I add the bracelet and occasionally add a sabona copper as well. I can't say if they work or not...but I will not play with out them. I have a very very bad right wrist (5 surgeries to put back together) and a very bad back and hips.

I am able to play most days with little pain. I also know if I don't wear them for a few days I will feel some stiffness return.

I wear a medical ID bracelet when I play. I firmly believe it has magical powers - kind of like Wonder Woman's bracelets. I've never been stung by a bee when I've worn it.

Does wearing bracelets interfere with your golf swing? I don't like to wear rings or bracelets when I play. I did wear a bracelet once and it kept getting in the way.

In my opinion, it is pure placebo. Most of the effects that they claim are physically and physiologically impossible. There are some mixed reactions to certain tests, but even the researchers admit that it's difficult to keep a control group in the dark because magnets are hard to disguise. All you have to do is test it with any steel object to see if you have the real magnet or the fake control. Google "magnetic pain relief evidence" and read about it for yourself.

Mostly it's another way for the snake oil salesmen to separate suckers from their money. Maybe it's the lighter weight of your wallet that is helping the pain??? :eyepoke:

I`ve read some independent test research that states that any benefit felt by the wearing of bracelets or necklaces containing copper or magnets,with or without positively charged ions,is all in the mind of the wearer.This is a huge industry but independent controlled testing of products has proved inconclusive.I`ve tested Q-link,Trionz and Sabona over a prolonged period and felt no physical or mental difference.My personal conclusion is that they don`t deliver what they advertise.

had a trion z bracelet for most of the last season and cant say it helped me any.
but it does have a phsycological impact in that you begin thinking you will play bad if you dont wear it..

ive not had it on now for a couple months and have seen to adverse impact.

I don't have a clue if these actually work or not, but if you believe you have an edge with it, why not use it to your advantage? I wore a blue golf hat to a big pool tournament over the weekend and almost won the darn thing. Put it back on again for league last night and shot the best round of the year, for me. I was making 3 rail bank shot's, lol.

Someone asked what was up and I said "The Hat". I walked in with confidence. Maybe there's magnets in my hat? I just think it's mind over matter with these things.

I bought a Trion Z and the same day my elbow stopped hurting. Did the bracelet do it or was it in my mind? Don't know for sure but I have wore one ever since.

I don't have a clue if these actually work or not, but if you believe you have an edge with it, why not use it to your advantage? I wore a blue golf hat to a big pool tournament over the weekend and almost won the darn thing. Put it back on again for league last night and shot the best round of the year, for me. I was making 3 rail bank shot's, lol.

Someone asked what was up and I said "The Hat". I walked in with confidence. Maybe there's magnets in my hat? I just think it's mind over matter with these things.

Due, imagined if you turned that thing around next time (reference sly stallone in "over the top"), you would be unbeatable. Bring on the fats!

Due, imagined if you turned that thing around next time (reference sly stallone in "over the top"), you would be unbeatable. Bring on the fats!

Great Idea TC. I may try that tonight. But, if I wear my hat backwards, won't I have to get some baggy pants that hang low??

Back