The Official 2009 NFL Thread

I can see things getting ugly real fast if Peyton and the Saints, who have been barely winning lately, just lay one on the Cowboys. Another former coach who Jerry let get away taking pride in a Cowboys beat down! Been reading how the media in Dallas are just all over Phillips and theyre not considered all that bad either. I think Phillips is done.

The press in Dallas has been all over Phillips (and rightfully so) since the day he was hired. They were as perplexed as the rest of us (although, they were initially screaming that Jason Garrett should have been hired.) They have been calling for his firing since the end of the first season.

And you are correct - the Dallas press is typically very deferential and not the least bit brutal.

And the Saints will put a beat down on Dallas.

I see Mike Shanahan sitting over there just itching to get his hands on Romo and our stable of running backs.

Remember the last time we played the Saints? It was ugly then and they werent that good of a team.

I see Mike Shanahan sitting over there just itching to get his hands on Romo and our stable of running backs.

Remember the last time we played the Saints? It was ugly then and they werent that good of a team.

Do you also see Shanahan working for Jerry Jones? Clearly, Dallas would be an ideal situation on paper for Shanahan, as there is more than enough talent but how many premier coaches want to work for Jones? :bicker:

For all of you Bolt heads out there, we wrap up the second seed in the AFC with a win over the Bengals this weekend. That would give us a first round bye and home playoff game in the second round.

I never would have thought I would say that after back to back losses around a bye to Denver and Pittsburgh and sitting at 2-3. Eight wins in a row later and now we have that chance. Should be another great game.

EDIT: I was actually misinformed. San Diego win + Denver loss or tie + New England loss or tie, gets the first round bye.

Last edited:
For all of you Bolt heads out there, we wrap up the second seed in the AFC with a win over the Bengals this weekend. That would give us a first round bye and home playoff game in the second round.

I never would have thought I would say that after back to back losses around a bye to Denver and Pittsburgh and sitting at 2-3. Eight wins in a row later and now we have that chance. Should be another great game.

Your D should hold the sputtering Bengwads in check. Should be sitting pretty come playoff time. The only drawback is Norv Turner, never underestimate his ability to do something stupid at a critical time.

Do you also see Shanahan working for Jerry Jones? Clearly, Dallas would be an ideal situation on paper for Shanahan, as there is more than enough talent but how many premier coaches want to work for Jones? :bicker:

From what I hear he and jerry jones are good friends. As is Mike Holmgren. Both are rumored to be next in line.

Your D should hold the sputtering Bengwads in check. Should be sitting pretty come playoff time. The only drawback is Norv Turner, never underestimate his ability to do something stupid at a critical time.
I've never been a fan of his. A SB win would take care of that for me.

If the Cowboys cant score from the 1 yard line, then yeah they are done. Time for Barber to sit.

Green Bay Packers.

Kevin

Green Bay Packers.

Kevin

I have to ask a Packer fan. Would it feel worse not making the playoffs or losing to Favre again in the playoffs? I am very curious about it. I am not saying they would lose a 3rd time to him, but very curious about it.

I have to ask a Packer fan. Would it feel worse not making the playoffs or losing to Favre again in the playoffs? I am very curious about it. I am not saying they would lose a 3rd time to him, but very curious about it.

I think I can answer this one......Being a packers fan for all of my life until last year when Ted Thompson wanted his golden boy first round draft pick to start, I would love to see Brett tear up the packers again for a third time. He was quoted as saying "If I can't play for you then let me beat you". And that's just what he did.

I have the complete opposite take from Clg. Losing to Benedict Favre for the third time would be as bad as it gets. It would even rival that 0-3 comeback the Red Sox had on my beloved Yankees. Not quite time for the TappanZee bridge, but close to it.

Not making the playoffs. I hope they get another crack at Favre.

I think I can answer this one......Being a packers fan for all of my life until last year when Ted Thompson wanted his golden boy first round draft pick to start, I would love to see Brett tear up the packers again for a third time. He was quoted as saying "If I can't play for you then let me beat you". And that's just what he did.

If you're a Packers fan, how do you root against the Packers. Sounds like you're a Favre fan, not a Packers fan. They've won five in a row, four of which were against pretty good teams, yet you want to see them get beat? Not me, ever. I don't blame Favre for playing for the Vikings. His choice, but I'm not ever pulling for the Vikings.

I have the complete opposite take from Clg. Losing to Benedict Favre for the third time would be as bad as it gets. It would even rival that 0-3 comeback the Red Sox had on my beloved Yankees. Not quite time for the TappanZee bridge, but close to it.

They need to meet the Vikings in the playoffs. It's destiny.

Kevin

Garret will never be head coach in Dallas and shouldn't be either, he has done a terrible job with that offense. Lots of yardage but no points on the board to show for it. JJ will never hire a head coach that isn't pulled out of the bargain bin. Dallas is resigned to a future of Al Davis like insanity and very likely equal futility or worse.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34454096/ns/sports-nfl/?GT1=43001

Bengals WR faces ‘life-threatening’ injuries
Henry reportedly falls out back of truck during domestic dispute

g-spt-091216-chris-henry-352p.hmedium.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, shown at a game
on Oct. 4, faces life-threatening injuries after falling out of
the back of a truck.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry suffered serious injuries after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute with his fiancee, police said Wednesday. Henry was found in the road in south Charlotte “apparently suffering life-threatening injuries,” according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said he was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police spokesman Robert Fey said officers were stationed near the 26-year-old Henry’s hospital room. He had no information Henry’s condition, but said he was alive. Police said a dispute began at a home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiancee was driving away from the residence.

“The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry,” the police said in a statement. “At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle.”

Henry was found on a residential street about a half mile away from the home when police were called to the scene after a medic report that a man was down. Henry’s agent, Kenneth Rush, did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages. Fey wouldn’t name the woman and said no charges would be filed on Wednesday. Henry was away from the team after breaking his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Charlotte is home to his fiancee’s parents, the Bengals said.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said he had little information other than Henry was badly hurt.

“We are aware he was in an accident and that his injuries are very serious,” Brennan said. “We are obviously staying in touch with the situation and are ready to offer whatever assistance we can.”

Henry is in the final year of his contract with the Bengals, who let him go after his fifth arrest following the 2007 season. Owner Mike Brown then brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal, and Henry had stayed out of trouble since his return.

A deep threat, he was fourth among Bengals receivers this season with 12 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns at the time of his injury. The Bengals’ third-round pick from West Virginia in 2005, the speedy Henry was a key part of Cincinnati’s playoff team as a rookie. He’s caught 119 passes for 1,826 yards and 21 touchdowns in five seasons, but has also been plagued by off-field woes.

He was suspended for two games by the league in 2006 and the first eight games of 2007. The Bengals released him following his fifth arrest that offseason, but Brown decided to bring him back during training camp over the objections of coach Marvin Lewis. Henry had to miss the first four games of 2008, his punishment for the offseason arrest on an assault charge. The charge was dropped after his trial ended in a hung jury.

Smallie,
We just got a call and can confirm that Chris Henry has passed away.

Smallie,
We just got a call and can confirm that Chris Henry has passed away.
I just heard the same thing and ESPN is reporting it as well.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Poor kid. He had so much potential and just never realized it.

I saw that too. That's too bad.

Bengals Chris Henry dead @ 26

Bengals Chris Henry dead @ 26

Pronounced dead this morning at 6:26am as a result of head injuries suffered from a fall from the bed of a pickup truck his fiancee' was driving while in a domestic dispute.

Sad ending to a Sad career and life just as it looked like he was starting to turn it around. May he REST IN PEACE.

So what happened? He fell(?) out of a moving truck that his fiance was driving?!?! :confused2: How do you "fall" out of a moving vehicle???

Have you ever rode in the back of a pickup? Very easy if the person driving doesn't want you there and is pissed off.

How does this get lumped into a 16 page general NFL discussion thread???

The Jackass formerly known as Chad Johnson

The Jackass formerly known as Chad Johnson

When will he grow up or the NFL tell him to take a hike?

Johnson vs. Merriman UFC 199

That would be awesome to watch. Personally I like Ocho, I can't remember any off the field incidents involving him. Sure he's mouthy and likes attention but he's having fun and doesn't get in legal trouble.

I agree with you MO. He talks too much, but he has fun. Never at thing off the field.

Back