The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he joined Sunday Night Football and decided everyone wanted to hear his hyper-liberal political rants?

Because that's why I hate Costas.

You're right, he did that last year too as well. That is why I dislike him.

BS call right there. QB's play by a different set of rules???

BS call right there. QB's play by a different set of rules???

Always. When a qb "gives themself up" then contact is prohibited, whether it be sliding or going OB.

I understand the call, but the ref should not say that the hit was "after the play".

Contact initiated inbounds, although barely.

I know the call is going to be made to protect the QB.........but don't call it after the play cause it wasn't.

Always. When a qb "gives themself up" then contact is prohibited, whether it be sliding or going OB.

I get it man but I feel if a QB is going to leave the pocket and run the ball he becomes a RB. If that was Alfred Morris running the ball that wouldn't have been a penalty. That was a bogus call.

Harris being a stud tonight. Very nice...and needed.

I get it man but I feel if a QB is going to leave the pocket and run the ball he becomes a RB. If that was Alfred Morris running the ball that wouldn't have been a penalty. That was a bogus call.

Try coaching and having to deal with qb protection in today's game, it's a pain in the ass that drove me insane. But, it is what it is, and they're only going to continue to be more and more protected.

Big d with some serious special teams tonight.

Harris is going off right now. Dude is a stud.

Damn nice throw.

Wow, what a few weeks for Terence Williams. Hell of a scramble by Romo then a great throw.

Williams!!! He killed it last week and he is keeping it up. Early Rookie Of The Year candidate.

Eventually? Yes.

So long as Dan Snyder is owner? No way. Dan Snyder's whole success has been finding things that work and sticking with it, no matter who he pisses off. Redskins as a franchise makes him a boatload of money. Why mess with success in the financials? Sure, he's tinkering with mediocrity on the field, but he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Imagine how much cash Snyder could make if every redskin fan bought new gear with the new logo and name.

Plus, the name should be changed.

Don't know if this has already been posted, but...

8u9e5yse.jpg

Ever since Ware got hurt the Dallas D has been going off. RGIII is feeling the pressure almost every play.

The headbutt just seemed an appropriate way to get it all out haha

Ware is now in street clothes and Murray is out for the game. Refrigerator door is about to meet my head.

Imagine how much cash Snyder could make if every redskin fan bought new gear with the new logo and name.

Plus, the name should be changed.

...But they might not.

Redskins fans are Redskins fans, possibly less so than fans of a Washington DC football team that trains in Virginia and plays in Maryland. It's an oddity that many among Redskin Nation are fans of the team name as much as the location because it's a hot button issue.

They won three rings as the Redskins. I think to a lot of people changing the name would be part of changing the legacy. Changing the name over something as...spottily...protested, would be Dan Snyder turning his back on his fan base, at least according to most Skins fans I know. And as much as Snyder has kicked around the fan base, he's winning a PR fight going to the mat over this name.

These personal fouls are getting ridiculous.

I love how the foot was out of bounds. So a defender has a dude in his face, is not looking down at the sideline to see if the opponent has stepped out yet, puts an arm out (not a vicious or intentional late hit) and get another flag.

But if the NFL wants high scoring because defenders are afraid to make plays for fear of penalties.....then they got what they want.

That one was not only stupid but called on the wrong player. My understanding, though, is that if the running is a QB, and he is aiming to go out of bounds, rather than try to gain more yardage, you basically have to let him go out of bounds. In other words, his sideline basically expands from the sideline to include the hash marks. If he's not tip-toeing down the sideline, but is trying to get out of bounds, the safest thing to do is let him get the extra yard rather than tack on 15.

It's a stupid rule, but the Cowboys are playing bad football to keep getting called for it.

That one was not only stupid but called on the wrong player. My understanding, though, is that if the running is a QB, and he is aiming to go out of bounds, rather than try to gain more yardage, you basically have to let him go out of bounds. In other words, his sideline basically expands from the sideline to include the hash marks. If he's not tip-toeing down the sideline, but is trying to get out of bounds, the safest thing to do is let him get the extra yard rather than tack on 15.

It's a stupid rule, but the Cowboys are playing bad football to keep getting called for it.

I totally agree with you dude but that defender was being actively blocked and his hand unintentionally hit RGIII. It was a bogus call.

Dallas doesn't have a single rushing yard in the second half. Demarco Murray means a heck of a lot to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back