Golfing when not feeling well?

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Do you still golf when you're not feeling well or sick?

I try not to. Unless I really have to test something out. However that could be because I play so often. I know others that will play no matter what because they finally get a chance to play.

Yes, usually i am constantly golfing through headaches (I get this weird thing usually as soon as I get to the course I get a headache) I have also golfed through the flu (which resulted in sickness on the course) and usually I can golf while having a cold.

Yes!

Sometimes it is just what the doctor ordered.
Other times I would have been much better off staying home.

I wish I could tell before I headed out!

Yes, usually i am constantly golfing through headaches (I get this weird thing usually as soon as I get to the course I get a headache)

Dent - Have you been tested for allergies? They could cause the headaches on the course. I sometimes get headaches too. I'll play through that, but have left the few times I got hives.

I will usually play no matter what unless I ate some bad Mexican, thats never fun on the golf course.

Dent - Have you been tested for allergies? They could cause the headaches on the course. I sometimes get headaches too. I'll play through that, but have left the few times I got hives.

It could be that Diane, last time I got tested was probably 9 years ago.

Although, I wear a hat every time at the course, and the hat fits fine, it is not too tight or anything, but whenever I take it off, I feel a bit of a relief from the headache.

It could be that Diane, last time I got tested was probably 9 years ago.

Although, I wear a hat every time at the course, and the hat fits fine, it is not too tight or anything, but whenever I take it off, I feel a bit of a relief from the headache.

I find that with a headache - anything on my head can feel like pressure. What about a visor?

I have never tried one. bright idea as well.

C-Tech wears a lot of visors. I'm not sure if any of the other guys do, but I'm sure they could tell you which ones are the most comfortable. Men's visors are different than women's visors.

I play even when Im sick. The golf season is short enough already, Im not going to let something like an illness make it even shorter.

Does your "not feeling well" get in the way of your game? Do you still score about the same?

ill play any chance i get... and depending on what kinda illness i have... it really doesnt change my score much... well unless i have to constantly go to the bathroom... if you know what i mean

Ordinarily I would, although I bailed on my last game this year because I was hung over. I woke up in time and probably could have got up, but I had to ride the subway for a while to where my lift was and I didn't think I'd make it without being sick. Not a nice feeling on the subway. I've been sick on a golf course more than once though.

I golf when I can, if it is a head cold I will take some whisky with me and try to clear out my head. I dont typically drink on the golf course though

I do if at all possible, though if my allergy's are kicked in it becomes virtually impossible.

ill play any chance i get... and depending on what kinda illness i have... it really doesnt change my score much... well unless i have to constantly go to the bathroom... if you know what i mean

Guys have it soo easy...

Does your "not feeling well" get in the way of your game? Do you still score about the same?

It depends how not well Im feeling. Im Ive got a cold or allergies and Im all doped up on decongestants my mind isnt quite as sharp as it would normally be, so my decision making might not be as well and my level of focus wont quite be the same but it doesnt make a huge difference in how well I play.

I try not to. Unless I really have to test something out. However that could be because I play so often. I know others that will play no matter what because they finally get a chance to play.

I'm pretty much the opposite...because I play so often I play no matter what for the most part...I like the test of playing when I'm not my best...suprising sometimes I'll be less than my best and play great; really have to concentate on playing within myself to get around...in the end I feel it benefits my game...

does playing with a hangover count?

C-Tech wears a lot of visors. I'm not sure if any of the other guys do, but I'm sure they could tell you which ones are the most comfortable. Men's visors are different than women's visors.

It's nice of you to remember that I wear visors. I like the ones that have the velcro closure in the back. They are easy to adjust. As the day gets warmer and my hair flatter, I have to adjust the band to keep it from falling down around my neck.

As to the thread question, I have played golf when ill on several occasions. It never worked out well. Sunday, I begged off playing because I was too sick to pick myself up off the couch. I was better overnight and played today.

I've done that. It has to count, because you don't feel very good.

I used to have a weekend golf outing with about 20 customers. We would drive up on Saturday morning, play the afternoon and have dinner together. That night, everyone played poker in the hospitality suite and had way too much booze. The Sunday morning round looked like they had opened the cell door at the drunk tank and given them all clubs. It was brutal. Always made me glad I can't drink.

Back