Week 16 - THP Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been a fun season. 16 team leagues are never easy. GG and myself started out 0-2 but felt confident in the depth of the team and only lost 1 other game all year. We finished 10-3 with the best record in the league and the most points in the league. But there were 2 teams that really scared us all year.

That was Team Gasman because his team is just explosive and Tejones de Madison because they have star power. We got by TGM twice this year thanks to injuries and great coaching by GG, and now we have the championship this week against Tejones de Madison. Good luck everybody in the other games.

Good job and good luck! Have to hand it to you, you guys had a great draft. Its never easy drafting with a lot of teams. You really drafted well and it shows.

• Admin
We took some flyers in the draft like Mendenhall. We actually drafted Jamal Charles and Justin Forsett too. But we had to waive them for Maroney and Pierre Thomas. We are kicking ourselves for that one.

You guys really did have some great picks. Usually its not the first or second pick that wins a league its the late picks and free agent pick ups!

You guys really did have some great picks. Usually its not the first or second pick that wins a league its the late picks and free agent pick ups!

You are very right about that. We had the 3rd pick and were kind of pissed we either wanted the 1st of the middle and with 16 teams the waiting for your turn was terrible! You just keep seeing all the good players go and then you are scrambling to decide who to take. We got very luck that our middle of the road guys ended up having pretty superstar seasons and when one guy was a flop another guy came through week after week.

This was my first time doing FF and I love it and can't wait for next season! Of course I will love it more if we win this week.

Good luck to whomever is playin for the championship. My team is done for the year already. We're looking to either Shanahan or Cowher to run the operation next year. Of course as a Giant fan I might look to Parcells as well.

Good luck guys. Who was Tejones again?
I know most didnt like it but I liked having the 16 teams.

• Admin
Good luck guys. Who was Tejones again?
I know most didnt like it but I liked having the 16 teams.

Blakehall is the owner of that team.

TGM, I kind of liked it too. made depth the major factor.

Blakehall is the owner of that team.

TGM, I kind of liked it too. made depth the major factor.

Yep, my bench really sucked. I need to study for the off season and build the perfect bench so I can dominate the world.
What is Blakes screen name?

I believe it is blakehall.

Next year we are going to have to do a few changes to the rules though. We had a blast this year, but next year the league is going to have participation involved in the forum.

Good luck in the SB. Thanks to THP and Craig Mac for running the league.

Next year we are going to have to do a few changes to the rules though. We had a blast this year, but next year the league is going to have participation involved in the forum.

For sure, there was not enough trash talk.
:act-up:

Good luck this weekend JB!

While my participation this year doesn't show it, I'd love to see more league trash talk on the forums. I didn't even notice these threads until a couple of weeks ago.

My team redefined awful- period. I won twice and got lucky both times! Next year I will be present at the draft instead of allowing that stupid auto-draft to do it for me. I even pre-ranked my players and still ended up with bums.

Good luck to both teams- hopefully you both score well and it's a shoot out!

I started out pretty strong, but was horrible in the second half of the season. The same happened in this weekend's games, with Manning and Clark I started out with about 50 points from just two players...and ended up with a total of 30 from the rest of my team. Oh well:confused2:

Good luck to both Tejones and the Newlyweds!! :blob:

It should be a really good game. I think it's ultimately going to come down to which playoff team has the bigger week against a lame opponent, Arizona vs Stl or Green Bay vs Seattle...

Its funny, we are more worried about a couple of other guys on your team playing week opponents. Meacham against TB comes to mind. Good luck.

The Championship starts tonight. We have Gates and our opponent has Sproles. We still have not decided on our RB rotation for Sunday.

Not a good start. Darren Sproles (who was projected at 2 points IIRC) scores 23, because they sat players. Darren freaking Sproles. And of course Gates scores early and then they sit him. Going to be a long weekend

GG and I are bad head coaches. Good GMs, but bad head coaches. We sat Pierre Thomas and Janikowski in favor of Maroney and Tynes who combined for 4 points rather than the over 20 that the other two had. We are down by a few points still and our opponent still has AP going tomorrow night. If Warner and Boldin can hook up a couple of times in the 2nd half for TD's we have a shot, otherwise we gave it a good run. Our RB's just did not show up this week. They have been averaging about 55 points between the 3 of them and this week got us a total of 16.

Warner and Boldin gave it a good effort. We are up by 7 and are totalled out (nobody left). He has Adrian Peterson left, so we are assuming that we have virtually no shot, but we can still have hope.

Re: Week 16 - THP Championship

JB, very nice showing though with 101 points! But I do think that we can expect Peterson to score at least the 8 points Blake needs, but you never know...

This was a ton of fun! Can't wait for next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Soxy. We went shopping today and did not have time to get our change that we wanted at RB and Maroney just killed us. But alteast a few guys gave us a shot. We agree that AP should take us out in the championship.

This was a blast and next year we will do it again. We want to make sure that people that join the league next year are a part of the forum so that more talk each week is going on.

Looks like I took third. Steve Smith broke his arm today, what happened?

He caught a ball, got destroyed on a hit but stayed up and scored the TD.

Back