What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should probably go in the recipe thread!

This is the Betty Crocker recipe. There is also an Impossibly Easy Taco Pie, and others, too, I would guess.

r35487fp.jpg

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

Ha! Thanks! Imma gonna make me some of that! I couldn't figure out the pie part...Bisquick for sure!

We're having cooked frozen burritos and chimichangas. Something quick and easy.

We're having cooked frozen burritos and chimichangas. Something quick and easy.

That's too funny because we were going to have the frozen chimichanges tonight, lol. But, I talked Liz into breakfast food... bacon, eggs and potatoes. I can hardly wait for it.

Leftover pork adobo on basmati rice. It turned out perfect this time...mmmmm

Leftover pork adobo on basmati rice. It turned out perfect this time...mmmmm

Pork adobo? Is that a Filipino recipe BA?

I had a roasted pork chimichanga at On The Border tonight. It was ono.

I think you need to bring elastic pants next time or a mumu.
Spoiler
homer-simpson-muumuu.jpg

You don't know how true that is.

Before I flew down, my mother told me that she had found some casual pants that she wanted to get me for Christmas, so she asked me what size waist I was.

I told her that depended on whether she wanted the pants to fit when I arrived, or when I left.

Tonight was salmon, new potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

This should probably go in the recipe thread!

This is the Betty Crocker recipe. There is also an Impossibly Easy Taco Pie, and others, too, I would guess.

r35487fp.jpg

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

<sigh>

Cheeseburgers should not be in pie form.

Pork adobo? Is that a Filipino recipe BA?

I had a roasted pork chimichanga at On The Border tonight. It was ono.

i havent had adobo since i was last in hawaii... delish...

i had left overs last night... way too tired to cook

Leftover cheeseburger pie.

My wife actually cooks a few Filipino foods that she learned from my mom, but adobo isn't one of them. That's OK though - she makes up for it with a bunch of other great Filipino foods.

No one wanted to cook tonight so we picked up a pepperoni pizza on the way home from the gym.

Does lunch count? I had a grilled cheese sandwich made with brie and fig jam. Sweet potato fries on the side. I no longer walk; I waddle.

Does lunch count? I had a grilled cheese sandwich made with brie and fig jam. Sweet potato fries on the side. I no longer walk; I waddle.

that sounds delicious. Brie makes some of the best grilled cheeses because of how well it melts. I just ate a piece of the cheddar onion bread I made and if I don't say so myself, it's damn good!

Just had a massive family style italian lunch.....going out tonight for HH so only light fare and a few beers.

It's only lunch time but me and my crew here at work are having a Mexican fiesta! Crane asada, chicharones with salsa verde. chili rellenos , rice and beans....mmmmmm. I'm not going to eat anymore today!

I'm visiting my parents and I thought of Harry whose mother has been making special meals for him every night since he arrived. So I asked my mother what she had made for dinner. She looked at me like I was crazy and said she had made reservations. Silly me - what was I thinking.

We're trying out Impossibly Easy Taco Pie tonight.

I'm visiting my parents and I thought of Harry whose mother has been making special meals for him every night since he arrived. So I asked my mother what she had made for dinner. She looked at me like I was crazy and said she had made reservations. Silly me - what was I thinking.

Have a veal chop. I love veal chops in restaurants. I've mentioned it before, but the best meal I may have ever had was a veal chop stuffed with porcini mushrooms at a restaurant called Ristorante Limoncello in Boston's North End. The scallop asparagus risotto was also killer.

I see they have one on the menu now stuffed with wild mushrooms and black truffles. That would work, too. I wish I was closer to that chop. We could be friends.

Ristorante Limoncello North End, Boston

Kevin

I had chicken piccata with angel hair pasta. It was quite good.

I never think to have veal chops. There is a recipe for stuffed veal chops in one of Lidia's cookbooks that I'd like to try. The chop is stuffed with taleggio cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back