Snow pictures Winter of 2009-2010

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We had about 6 or 7 inches. Hard to tell because the winds blew it all over the place. Not as bad as a lot of you, but sucky enough for me!

df9b4b30.jpg
0fc37bea.jpg
8aa156a4.jpg
bff63049.jpg
1005f9aa.jpg
10e0bcf5.jpg
da24081d.jpg
4131c827.jpg
07f267e5.jpg

Last edited:
WOW that's a lot of snow...you have such a cut dog :blowkiss:

Re:Snow pictures Winter of 2009-2010

I've been getting snow all day. Too bad the 20mph wind is making it snow sideways and nothing is sticking. I'm sure happy for a white Christmas!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It's pretty... ok I'm trying to look on the bright side, haha. Nice dog. Can I hook your snow blower to the front of my pickup?

Hey Smalls you need to bring that snow pusher over to my house and clear my driveway. haha

I'm waiting for the wind to die before I start digging out, someplaces you can see grass and others the snow is 3' deep.

And Just think Smalls Winter is just starting LOL trust me, I know. I think what you just had is coming my way ouch.

Wow. That's quite a bit compared to here. It was almost a no-snow-Christmas until Tuesday, and luckily a few inches came down to give us a White Christmas (I would've been sad without it).

Looks like you've got it under control though. :smile:

If we end up staying here, I am definitely getting one of my own. Amazon. 40 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-SF1850-22-Inch-Scoop-Shovel/dp/B000A1CENK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1261797170&sr=8-9. Compared to these, shovels suck!
Well, since I'm stuck here I guess I should have bought myself one for Christmas. Every fall I tell myself to get the mower set up for a snowblade and every fall I forget about it until the snow is blowing.:banghead: Oh well, maybe next year.

That's a lot of weight to be pushing.I'll stick with the traditional old blade.I have to think about my son out there doing the work.

I thought so too Jeff, until I used it. It's so much easier than a shovel.

That's a lot of snow Smallie! And to think I was complaining about the freezing fog yesterday and this morning here. Nothing to shovel, but driving was a white knuckle affair.

Last edited:
6 or 7 inches? Yeah, we had that in the first 4 hours of this storm I think. Last I heard the total was going to be close to 20 inches. I have shoulder height piles to go snow blow through right now. I'll get pics up ASAP.

Kinda cool, but sure isn't fun digging out of it. And believe me, golf is the furthest thing from my list of things I will be doing in the foreseeable future. :at-wits-end:

We had a couple more after I dug out and we have maybe one more forecast today. So we're around ten inches, but with all the wind, it's hard to tell for sure. It wasn't as bad as what I think cwill showed with it drifting to the top of his fence but we had a bunch of drifts here.

We had a couple more after I dug out and we have maybe one more forecast today. So we're around ten inches, but with all the wind, it's hard to tell for sure. It wasn't as bad as what I think cwill showed with it drifting to the top of his fence but we had a bunch of drifts here.

I just got in from shoveling, half the driveway was pretty easy as the wind had blown all but a couple of inches off. The space in between where our vehicles were parked was about 3' deep though and it really sucked.

We have a drift in the back yard that is probably 5', I'd take pictures but I don't want to go back out.

Dug out the entry way and driveway this morning. Luckily a couple neighbors helped out and one had a snowblower, otherwise I'd still be out there. There were basically 4' or higher drifts all along the front of the house and garage. The rest of the driveway had probably only an inch or two on it. Another neighbor who has a plow on the front of his truck had cleared the 3 to 4' drift that had built up at the entry of my driveway and the road. I hope we don't get anymore big snowfalls this year. I think we ended up with around 12'' for this storm, on top of the 10" from the previous storm.

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

Looking to the right of this photo, you can see two of my neighbors trees, roughly 6 foot tall or so, almost swallowed by snow drifts.
000_0004.jpg

Wow Cwill, how tall are you? hehe. Nice place, even with all that white stuff. Are the roads getting opened up that way yet?

Still raining here - 90% of the snow is gone. Yeah!

Wow Cwill, how tall are you? hehe. Nice place, even with all that white stuff. Are the roads getting opened up that way yet?

The local roads around here seemed to be fine this afternoon. I heard that I-80 between Gretna and Lincoln had re-opened today after being shut-down late yesterday. Since the winds have calmed down a good bit today, I think most roads should be good to go.

The local roads around here seemed to be fine this afternoon. I heard that I-80 between Gretna and Lincoln had re-opened today after being shut-down late yesterday. Since the winds have calmed down a good bit today, I think most roads should be good to go.

Good to hear, thanks for the info. Were starting back tomorrow AM.

That's a buttload of snow cwill.

Totals are in- we got 19 inches in Sioux Falls, SD. If that was a putt it wouldn't even be conceded! I had piles in my yard and driveway up to about my shoulders. Pics coming soon!

Can't wait to see them P4B! Glad we didn't get that here!

Somewhere under there is a fire hydrant.
Christmas2009029.jpg

The P4B Canyon.......it's NOT easy forcing the snow blower through a pile of snow twice as high!
Christmas2009042.jpg

Action shot!
Christmas2009043.jpg

I sure hope there's nothing I need in that shed for at least 2 months!
Christmas2009039.jpg

And finally- here's a shot of what I think is my backyard!
Christmas2009030.jpg

Wow P4B. I can't ever remember that much snow, even back growing up when we actually got big snows here.

Back