What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry, don't your parents think it's kind of odd for you to be taking all these photos of food?

I have developed ninja-like skills with the iPhone camera.

I have developed ninja-like skills with the iPhone camera.

In which case, don't they think it's odd that you're stalking around the house, dressed in all black?

i had left overs last night

yesterday for breakfast we found a great bagel place, it's a little hole in the wall place but man do they make a mean bagel! Anyhow, next door to them is a hole in the wall italian restaurant and pizza place which I had heard pretty good things about but like I said it's a true hole in the wall place. Well we decided if the bagels were great next door maybe the Italian food would be good to so we tried it last night and the food was amazing...and cheap my two favorite things.

Leftover taco pie.

Still undecided what to make for dinner tonight. But last night, to break in the gigantic Foreman that we gave my mom for Christmas, I did a do-it-yourself marinade I threw together with stuff in her spice cabinet and let 5 chicken breasts marinade for about 24 hours. Cooked them up on the Foreman and served with julienne potatoes (box). Got some rave reviews, everyone loved them!

Now to figure out what to make tonight...mom should be off work in about 20 minutes, so cooking after I pick her up.

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, steamed broccoli, and rolls.

I had Prime Rib tonight for the first time in years accompanied by Potatoes Gratin, Creamed Spinach, Amazing Garlic bread and a good salad.

Lucky you! My wife makes great pancit.

We had leftover Christmas food - prime rib for me.

wow youre the lucky one...
pancit is a chore to make... lots an lots an lots of prep work... my cuisinart broke so hand chopping all those ingredients is a bit overwhelming for me...

the fam got a calphalon grill for christmas and i broke that baby out and made a bunch of diff panini's... that grill is like a monstrous mutant foreman grill

Ended up thawing out some canadian walleye fillets and sprinkling them with a lemon pepper seasoning and paprika before cooking them on the grill. Served with steamed sweet corn.

tonight it looks like it's back to cooking since I've been doing the holiday dinner/work party circuit the past few weeks. bbq chicken, rice, and green beans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back