Srixon AD333 Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the new version of the popular Srixon AD333. We want to find out what some THP forum members think of this one. We are going to give a few samples away to some people that want to try them out and then they can post their thoughts in this thread. We have 6-8 two ball samples to send out to some forum members.

EDIT: THis testing has been completed.

752236741_HgYGM-L.jpg

752236714_HeRbV-L.jpg

Last edited:
I notice the packaging is new but is this ball supposed to be different than last seasons AD 333? The older one and the Nike PD Soft are two of my favorite 2 piece balls in golf.

• Admin
I notice the packaging is new but is this ball supposed to be different than last seasons AD 333? The older one and the Nike PD Soft are two of my favorite 2 piece balls in golf.

Yes. According to Srixon they have a thinner cover and larger core.

forgive me in advance for my ignorance, but to what "golfer" is this ball supposed to cater to?

• Admin
Not really sure I can answer that, but I can tell you that Srixon's site compares it to the NXT Tour, Bridgestone e5, etc....

Im actually glad that you asked that question. I think too many people base their golf ball of choice on what they "should" be playing, rather than what works for their game. My opinion, but I feel strongly about it. When fitted I found I was playing the wrong ball. And I know a hundred people just like me that found it out.

I am not sure that labeling a ball for low players or high players is the right idea anymore. With so much R&D going into ball making nowadays, there truly can be a perfect fit for someone.

Not really sure I can answer that, but I can tell you that Srixon's site compares it to the NXT Tour, Bridgestone e5, etc....

Im actually glad that you asked that question. I think too many people base their golf ball of choice on what they "should" be playing, rather than what works for their game. My opinion, but I feel strongly about it. When fitted I found I was playing the wrong ball. And I know a hundred people just like me that found it out.

I am not sure that labeling a ball for low players or high players is the right idea anymore. With so much R&D going into ball making nowadays, there truly can be a perfect fit for someone.

Fair enough. I would agree with you 100%, however, most manufacturers market their golf balls to a particular demographic of golfers and was just curious about this one. Or perhaps it was the salesman at the local Dick's who I overheard telling a customer that this was a ball that would cater more to a senior golfer (golfer's with slower swing speeds), just wondered if there was any merit to his statement. That's what i love about this site. I feel like I get a lot more feedback than what the guy at Dick's or GolfUSA tells me.

• Admin
Absolutely a lot of merit to that statement. Certain balls are definitely geared towards certain swing speeds. Different balls are also geared towards ball flights, spin reduction, more spin, and a lot more.

This one in particular plays very much for slower swing speeds or slow to medium as well as getting a nice high ball flight.

This one in particular plays very much for slower swing speeds or slow to medium as well as getting a nice high ball flight.

That being said, would you consider this ball to be comparable to the NXT or E5?

My luck with the older version would make me keep out of this.I couldn't make it through a round with only 2 of them.

That being said, would you consider this ball to be comparable to the NXT or E5?

I found it very similar to the e5 in our testing. A little longer off the tee and a little more feel, but a little less spin.

I'd better stay out of this one too. With all the new e6's and snow on the ground until spring, someone else can test these. However, Srixon is one brand of ball I've never tested, any of them. I'll be interested in how this comes out.

I've had pretty luck with their soft feel but not so with the trispeed or ad333.The old z balls are sweet feeling and I'll like to try the new z star but like you the snow makes it a moot point.

I just picked up 2 boxes of the new version yesterday. They had them on sale for $29.00 for 2 boxes.

I sent in my application. I've been curious how the previous version performed, and would be interested in seeing how it compares to what I've played up to this point.

Having tried these ball a little while ago i would say they are comparable to the NXT tour,personally i prefered the Srixon. I admit to being biased in favour of Srixon though as i have been playing one for a few years now.

I think that they would benefit most players,good distance,nice feel around the green and a decent amount of spin for a 2 piece ball. As a footnote the previous AD333 has been the best selling 2 piece in the uk for the past 2 years. Try them you might be surprised.

We will keep this open until tomorrow morning and then we will let people know if they were chosen.

Would love to take part in this but it could be a while before we will be getting back out on the course. Look forward to hearing the tester's thoughts though.

We will be announcing who will get these shortly. If you have not entered and would like to, there is still time.

Okay, we had over 50 people email in to test these and had to select only 6. If you did not get in on this trial, there will always be more coming up soon. Here are the 6 golfers that will try these out and give us their thoughts.

Osahar
MadMike
PAR_6
tcalloway1
calebt17
biggsy

Each person will keep this thread as their primary thread for their 1st impressions and review. We look forward to hearing everybody's results. Thanks to all the testers for participating.

Thanks for the opportunity to try the new AD333 out.

Sweet, thanks for the opportunity. One of my 2010 golf goals is filled, woo hoo.

"Other goals are to be an equipment tester for THP or win a THP prize, hahaha;)"

THese sound like they may be somewhat similar to the Bridgestone TreoSoft. Look forward the review from the testers.

Can't wait to give these a try! Thank you THP & Srixon. :bananadance:

Thanks for the opportunity to give back to the site. I'm looking forward to a thorough workout with these balls at the range.

Thanks!

Will be putting them head-to-head with Nike PD Soft and we'll see how they compare on the course.

Back