Trying to Break 80 Club

Im hoping to play a couple rounds this weekend and due to my recent struggles I dont really have any clue what I'll shoot. I'll be thrilled if Im anywhere close to 80 but you just never know.

Im hoping to play a couple rounds this weekend and due to my recent struggles I dont really have any clue what I'll shoot. I'll be thrilled if Im anywhere close to 80 but you just never know.
Swing easy, enjoy the golf...the score will look after itself!:bye:

Ended up shooting an 81. Very happy with it considering some of the mistakes I made!

Ended up shooting an 81. Very happy with it considering some of the mistakes I made!
Nice round! Essentially well under 80 but for avoidable mistakes. Good shooting.

Shot a 77 yesterday! Whoohoo :banana:

Handicap now down to 11.2 (lowest this year)

You're almost there armygolf, just try and keep calm :)

Nice rounds guys!

Well done!

Shot a 77 yesterday! Whoohoo :banana:

Handicap now down to 11.2 (lowest this year)

You're almost there armygolf, just try and keep calm :)

Great round! Well played.

Tough day today with the screaming winds. Shot a 92. Wasn't too upset with it, considering putts were getting blown off line. Frustrating, but it beats not playing. First time in a while I didn't have a single penalty stroke off the tee, and only once was I in bad shape for my second shot. Just wasn't able to take advantage of that with the conditions. 37 putts which is about 6 above average. Before I counted them all I thought for sure I was probly 40 or higher.

Did it with a 79! Feels great. Now have to work on more consistency

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Congrats on breaking 80. Well done.

Congrats, kc! Thought I was going to do it today after a 41 on the front but too many bogeys on the back.

U have been playing some good golf lately...keep it up

After a 42 on the front I figured I was out of it but came on at the end to card an 81. Made birdie on 18, missed birdie on 17 by a 1/4", and missed birdie on 16 by a fraction as well.

I gave it a good run. Here's to next time :fingers-crossed:

Played good today, not great, but a triple on each side put me at 85, which isn't really that close I know.
I broke 80 1x last year, but haven't gotten any closer than 82 this year. I feel like I'm hitting the ball better than ever, but can't seem to avoid at least one big number a nine.

Played good today, not great, but a triple on each side put me at 85, which isn't really that close I know.
I broke 80 1x last year, but haven't gotten any closer than 82 this year. I feel like I'm hitting the ball better than ever, but can't seem to avoid at least one big number a nine.

Im the same way. Usually at least one double if not triple on each side. Almost always resulting from lousy ball due to an ugly block. I could be playing lights out and swinging confidently but I akways block a couple. ..

For me it's a mental barrier I shot 80 more times than I care to mention this year and as the year went on I fell into my old habit of coming over the top, but I still was shooting the same. I think my thing is just to focus one shot at a time.

80 today!

In one respect I'm stoked as it was a pb, but on the other hand I 3 jacked the 17th when I had a birdie look and had four double bogey holes, could've been even better!

Congrats on the PB! Especially with those messy holes. You're right there for the 70s

Congrats on the PB! Especially with those messy holes. You're right there for the 70s

Thanks, and yeah I agree, 4 doubles and 5 single bo's could've easily gone the other way!

Golf is such a funny game...

My PB is a 73 however this weekend I think I had my real PB game and the score was a 77... For the entire round I didn't have a score higher than a bogie, I missed 6 bird putts by less than 1/2 inch and I only had two of what I would call "bad" shots and even those I recovered from... The entire round was a joy of pure ball striking (which messed me up on a few hole because I was getting ~10 extra yards with many of my iron shots)... I can honestly say my 73 was due to a large amount of luck and could have easily been an 80 or higher (a couple lucky bounces off trees back into the fairway, a crazy drive due to an extra 100 yards of cartpath, ect...) , however I feel much better about my recent 77 as I feel it was due to skill.

Golf is such a funny game...

My PB is a 73 however this weekend I think I had my real PB game and the score was a 77... For the entire round I didn't have a score higher than a bogie, I missed 6 bird putts by less than 1/2 inch and I only had two of what I would call "bad" shots and even those I recovered from... The entire round was a joy of pure ball striking (which messed me up on a few hole because I was getting ~10 extra yards with many of my iron shots)... I can honestly say my 73 was due to a large amount of luck and could have easily been an 80 or higher (a couple lucky bounces off trees back into the fairway, a crazy drive due to an extra 100 yards of cartpath, ect...) , however I feel much better about my recent 77 as I feel it was due to skill.

Congrats, thats a great round. I'm with you on how some great rounds can show a higher score at times, it just feels pure even though you don't always get that extra little kick.

Congrats Mckeon, good shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never broken 80. Shot 81 and 83 within the last couple months and that's as close as I've gotten. It's been a tough hurdle for me. If it ain't my driver, it's another aspect...and vice versa. Just can't get it all together in one round.

I can count the times I've broke 80 on 3 fingers. 3 times in 7 1/2 months. I try not to think about it anymore and just figure when it happens, it happens. My 81 this week was satisfying, considering it included the rare eagle and only 29 putts. Come March, when I turn 69, I may even totally ignore breaking 80 and set my sights on shooting my age. That way I'll accomplish 2 goals.

Back