Jamie Sadlowski on SwingVision WLDC

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
Slow-motion video footage of the 2008 RE/MAX World Long Drive Champion at the 2009 John Deere Classic described by Peter Kostis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsT7xDpDp3A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsT7xDpDp3A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

His swing is incredible. It's ridiculous how much wrist cock he gets.

Wow, he almost gets it a perpendicular as Daly.

john-daly-grip-it-and-rip-it-signed-16x20-framed-photo_5ad21382ae6bb8f11baf4bd6e78a74b0.jpg

That's plain crazy. How in the world can he come around his body so far and maintain vision on the ball, let alone come around his body so far, lol? One time and I'd be in traction the rest of my day's.

Thanks for the link Lefty. Can you teach me how to do that?

Peter Kostis' noting of his keeping his club face square is not unknown to many long drivers. One of the most famous long hitters of the ball, Mike Austin taught this position as basic to generating club head speed as well as maintaining direction.

I saw the episode on ESPN about the long drive contest, WOW!! Its amazing to see it in real time and in slow motion...

Here is Sadlowski driving a ball through a watermelon.

Long Drive Champ Splits Watermellon - ESPN Video - ESPN

When they show his practice swing just before he busts one through the watermelon, you can see how he generates all the power. He seems to have so much space to swing in. And it actually looks like a pretty much textbook swing (at least to my untrained eye). And in fairness, the swing he uses to hit it hard is pretty darn solid too. Very impressive.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BxNnm87WlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BxNnm87WlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Oh the terrible, unforgivable things I would do to be able to do that... :)

that first video is just sick.

400 yards! if I could do that I would be killing Tiger. j/k. does this guy play on any of the tours?

400 yards! if I could do that I would be killing Tiger. j/k. does this guy play on any of the tours?

Just the long driving one. Making it as a pro golfer is all about short game and head. Driving long can help if you keep it on the planet, but you'll never make it if you don't have the other two. The other two however can get you there without the driving it long. Just ask Fred Funk and Corey Pavin.

I read in a magazine though the Jamie is scratch golfer. He has some game. Thats just plain wrong that anyone can hit the ball that far.

In February last year, a couple of buddies and me were at Orange County National and the attendant at the driving range told us that during the PGA show in January the outdoor demos were held at the range. The range at OCN is like a big donut over 400yrds across. Jamie was practicing on the other side from the demo and was hitting the manufactures tents set up for the demo. Don't know if its true but, a great story.

Just the long driving one. Making it as a pro golfer is all about short game and head. Driving long can help if you keep it on the planet, but you'll never make it if you don't have the other two. The other two however can get you there without the driving it long. Just ask Fred Funk and Corey Pavin.

watching the video seeing the spots he was hitting I can't believe he can't score from those spots. I know I'd be unstoppable. but I suppose he could be inconsistent with his accuracy going after that length. I hear u about the tour I was just curious because I wasn't familiar with him.

Back