The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always great to be asked (and valued) even if you decline the offer.

Maybe you should give yourselves a raise as a counteroffer, to convince yourselves to stay?

That would be nice, but the economy and changes in our business have left the cupboards, if not bare, less stocked. This would entail working on a split fee per job basis but include benefits, automatic 401K, and a smaller territory. I have a certain expertise that I would bring to the table which increases my bargaining power. There is also a possibility we could keep this part of our business for ourselves. I/We have not spoken to the owners of the company, but rather to a current employee, a former boss of mine. His company was absorbed by this larger company and he couldn't be happier. They hired both him and his brother and their assistants. He thinks we should come over and "put the team back together." LOL. I haven't worked for him and his brother for 15 years, but they treated me almost like a son when I did. I'm a very productive fellow. I think Mrs. Esox's brother had her marry me so I would come to his company back in 1994.

Apparently my schedule would still be my own, but they provide a steady flow of business. It's then my job to process the work in a timely manner. We would no longer have to pay our own health insurance, deal with clients, pay numerous professional and business insurance premiums, etc. We could continue to work out of our home office. It's very enticing.

We shall be crunching numbers over the weekend and then take a meeting not long after the first of the year. Mrs. Esox and I will have to be able to get Jr. Esox to a couple tournaments every week in the summer or it will be a no go.

Kevin

That would be nice, but the economy and changes in our business have left the cupboards, if not bare, less stocked. This would entail working on a split fee per job basis but include benefits, automatic 401K, and a smaller territory. I have a certain expertise that I would bring to the table which increases my bargaining power. There is also a possibility we could keep this part of our business for ourselves. I/We have not spoken to the owners of the company, but rather to a current employee, a former boss of mine. His company was absorbed by this larger company and he couldn't be happier. They hired both him and his brother and their assistants. He thinks we should come over and "put the team back together." LOL. I haven't worked for him and his brother for 15 years, but they treated me almost like a son when I did. I'm a very productive fellow. I think Mrs. Esox's brother had her marry me so I would come to his company back in 1994.

Apparently my schedule would still be my own, but they provide a steady flow of business. It's then my job to process the work in a timely manner. We would no longer have to pay our own health insurance, deal with clients, pay numerous professional and business insurance premiums, etc. We could continue to work out of our home office. It's very enticing.

We shall be crunching numbers over the weekend and then take a meeting not long after the first of the year. Mrs. Esox and I will have to be able to get Jr. Esox to a couple tournaments every week in the summer or it will be a no go.

Kevin

I suspect that after so many years of being your own boss, you won't be able to go back. As Hubby said during the worst of the collapse last year, "All our clients won't fire us at once." Being a big fish in a small pond is not such a bad deal.

Good luck with the number crunching. It's always nice to have options.

I just bought argyle knee socks. That's all.

Congratulations MO! I'm officially jealous!

Is that the improvement package that I saw in my email? ($195 regular $250?)

That will be a heck of a drive from your house. Maybe I should take the lessons for you.

Dangit! Well, I had to give it a shot!

How about this, I'll give you lessons when I get done with mine. I just got a new camcorder so we can tape your swing and everything.haha I won't even charge you for the lessons.

How about this, I'll give you lessons when I get done with mine. I just got a new camcorder so we can tape your swing and everything.haha I won't even charge you for the lessons.

The camcorder? That goes back to the scorecard destroying thing. I don't want any proof out there! :D

On a side note, what camcorder did you get?

The camcorder? That goes back to the scorecard destroying thing. I don't want any proof out there! :D

On a side note, what camcorder did you get?

Sony Handycam DCR-SR47, it's not HD but it's better than the old one we had by a mile.

I'll look at it tomorrow. Looks like it got a decent review on CNET, but it's getting too late to read reviews!

Playing The Trilogy at Valencia today for FREE! This course is one of only 23 in US to be given 5 stars by GD. I am taking a customer and one of my suppliers is footing the bill. :bananadance:

That's the first thing tech support tells you to do, anyway. It solves most of the problems.

Good for you--let us know how it goes.

Thanks! The first lesson was great! I really liked her a lot, she bases everything off feel which is huge for me because I am way to analytical for the technical stuff. She just kept saying if you can dance like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever you can perfect your golf swing. It's all about getting your hands and wrists in the right place. Sounds kooky but it made sense. Plus the course she teaches at is just gorgeous, it actually has hills...in Florida!

Thanks! The first lesson was great! I really liked her a lot, she bases everything off feel which is huge for me because I am way to analytical for the technical stuff. She just kept saying if you can dance like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever you can perfect your golf swing. It's all about getting your hands and wrists in the right place. Sounds kooky but it made sense. Plus the course she teaches at is just gorgeous, it actually has hills...in Florida!

GG - One question - Do you dance like John Travolta? I thought you didn't dance. :wink:

GG - One question - Do you dance like John Travolta? I thought you didn't dance. :wink:

Lol no I don't dance at all....well only if there is alcohol involved. :bananadance:

It's about where your hands are positioned and she says it looks a lot like the way John Travolta danced in Saturday Night Fever, at first I thought she was a nut but then it all started to make sense.

THis lady that GG is taking lessons from once shot a 28 on the front 9 of a LPGA event. I had to look it up when I read that, but darn that is good.

I just weighed myself and am holding steady despite everything I've been eating. There is hope.

Those of you in warm climates will laugh, but I'm very excited. We just booked 4 hours on a sim for 3 of us to play 18 holes tomorrow. It comes out to a $40 "green fee" per person, which isn't bad.

Those of you in warm climates will laugh, but I'm very excited. We just booked 4 hours on a sim for 3 of us to play 18 holes tomorrow. It comes out to a $40 "green fee" per person, which isn't bad.

That sounds like fun, can't wait to hear about it.

That sounds like fun, can't wait to hear about it.

You would love this place. It has a bar and restaurant and they serve you while you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back